05-15-14 10:06 AM
32 12
tools
    How about a curved keyboard concept next time? Some members, myself included, are partial to a curved keyboard.

It's a long wait til November, so I enjoy looking at all these ideas and concepts.

Posted via CB10
    The curved keyboard like on the 9900 is ergonomicly correct when typing with two hands. I type over 80 wpm on an normal ergonomic keyboard and feel the curved keyboard and track pad is perfect on the 9900. There is no faster phone for typing. When you have to type on a straight keyboard it takes away the natural arc of the thumb attached to the hand.

I said I would buy the Q20 but if it comes out with a "huge" screen or a straight keyboard I will keep using my 9900 another 3 years and keep replacing the worn out parts.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-14-14 at 11:48 PM.
    05-14-14 09:39 PM
    Isnt it possible to lose the 1:1 ratio? Theres so much apps that dont work well with the 1:1 ratio.. more on android apps. Even some native apps arent available on the Q but available on the Z. So I was thinking of a 4incher. Sort of like a rectangular phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:19 AM
    I agree. I'd love to see a keyboard BlackBerry with a screen ratio of the z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:47 AM
    This is pretty awesome, I especially like the back of the device

Z10
    05-15-14 07:47 AM
    The curved keyboard like on the 9900 is ergonomicly correct when typing with two hands. I type over 80 wpm on an normal ergonomic keyboard and feel the curved keyboard and track pad is perfect on the 9900. There is no faster phone for typing. When you have to type on a straight keyboard it takes away the natural arc of the thumb attached to the hand.

I said I would buy the Q20 but if it comes out with a "huge" screen or a straight keyboard I will keep using my 9900 another 3 years and keep replacing the worn out parts.
    The curved keyboard was a breeze to type on, that's for sure. I know it may have been far fetched and silly, but I always wished someone who knew how to mod would make it so PBOS would run on a 9900. Now that would be an awesome device.

Z10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-15-14 07:53 AM
    The curved keyboard was a breeze to type on, that's for sure. I know it may have been far fetched and silly, but I always wished someone who knew how to mod would make it so PBOS would run on a 9900. Now that would be an awesome device.

Z10
    Yes, the 9900 has the perfect feel and how the keys punch down means a lot also. BlackBerry has that perfect. If the keys did not have the same feel when punching the keys down the placement wouldn't matter. The whole experience of holding the letter down to capitalize, double spacing at the end of a sentence so the period shows up and being able to adjust all this in the settings.

It took me two months to master this phone, but once you have all the tricks down. It is like typing on a big keyboard everything is automatic. Most people that either don't type fast or has to look at a keyboard to type does not appreciate these things on the 9900 keyboard. I used a 10 key adding machine for years and can also add very fast on it so having the raised numb on the 5 helps orientate you for multiple numbers.

All you have to do is pick up another keyboard phone. I used a Alcatel for 2 days when my phone went down. Now that was a pos.

I think the new phone can be slightly bigger, but not much. I am holding the 9900 with 2 hands with the little finger on the bottom, index finger at the top corners and the 2 middle fingers in the back. This feel natural and I do not use the touch screen at all. The menu and track button does it all. Anyone going from a 9900 to a touch screen phone will tell you how cumbersome it is to due a copy and paste on a touch phone. When you can press the menu key down with your left thumb, select with your right thumb on the track pad, esc with the back key with your right thumb, .............. So fast.

I would hope that who ever wrote the OS for the 'keyboard functions be still at BB (RIM) today. I would bow down to him and worship him like a god.

I don't know if the CEO will really appreciate the 9900 unless he used it as his personal phone for a month (i.e. Newfangle's Bold Experience") If he did then he will know why RIM made billions off the Bold and why the Q10 and Z10 failed on initial offering.
    05-15-14 09:43 AM
    ........I would hope that who ever wrote the OS for the 'keyboard functions be still at BB (RIM) today. I would bow down to him and worship him like a god.......
    If you know this person or if this person is reading this post a reply or PM me. It would be an honor to know you.

So many talented and loyal people in RIM, BB and CB. That is what sets BB apart from the rest of the mobil consumer world. Admit or not your in the elite 5% "leaders not followers"

My slang for CrackBerry user: SpongeHead

BTW: Thank you for taking the time to do your renderings. I appreciate anyone using any type tool that requires daily use. People don't understand you can't just go in and use these tools once a month. I know I can't sit down and work a CAD or Illustrator after not using it for 5 years.
    05-15-14 10:06 AM
32 12