I've always liked to wear a BlackBerry product. Starting from the BlackBerry OS. But since BlackBerry 10 appears not accompanied with the ecosystem useless. Smartphones nice but the apps in the BlackBerry World a bit? People will definitely think again. Therefore, It is better in strengthening new ecosystem to another first. That's just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 04:21 AM
    The so called App gap has been blown up out of proportion by haters, iTrolls and 'DroidGits. Yes there are some keys Apps missing due to discrimination, but 99% of missing apps are trash that no one wants anyway.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    Alvin Loh and Jrox74 like this.
    04-22-15 06:04 AM
    I've always liked to wear a BlackBerry product. Starting from the BlackBerry OS. But since BlackBerry 10 appears not accompanied with the ecosystem useless. Smartphones nice but the apps in the BlackBerry World a bit? People will definitely think again. Therefore, It is better in strengthening new ecosystem to another first. That's just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    Yup all the essential apps are there in BB world and Amazon appstore , only apps with Google play services are not available, instagram and others can be sideloaded ... not a big deal for non - google apps users
    sometimes apps are just overrated ~
    04-22-15 06:50 AM
    The so called App gap has been blown up out of proportion by haters, iTrolls and 'DroidGits. Yes there are some keys Apps missing due to discrimination, but 99% of missing apps are trash that no one wants anyway.
    You should also add the CEO, who acknowledges this fictional app gap in his call for app neutrality.

Discrimination? Woah.
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-22-15 07:21 AM
    You should also add the CEO, who acknowledges this fictional app gap in his call for app neutrality.

Discrimination? Woah.
    He was referring to key apps like NetFlix...

Andy Wijaya likes this.
    04-22-15 08:28 AM
    The "app gap" is only critical if the OS is aimed at a specific demographic. John Chen has focused on professionals and security. I am a mix of both and I find some apps are lacking but overall this a communication device and it performs very well in that respect. Android apps are spotty in performance but acceptable le in some cases.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-22-15 10:21 AM
    BlackBerry needs their own cloud storage solution and their own email solution!

Posted via CB10
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    04-22-15 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry needs their own cloud storage solution and their own email solution!
    Looks like they're working on cloud.

They did have their own email solution with BIS and blackberry.net
    04-22-15 11:05 AM
    Professionals are consumers too. Not to say that a lot of popular communication apps that professionals use are still missing in the native store too. Wechat (half-baked, haven't updated for more than a year), Line, Paypal, good maps (yes, BlackBerry Maps suck.), Google services and Microsoft services, etc. etc.

Android apps are buggy and lag consistently except on the Passport. They also drain a lot more batteries than native apps so I can hardly call it ideal solution for professionals too.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 01:13 PM

Apps add a little smarts to our SMARTPHONES. Similar to lifting an object with your brute strength, it's doable but using pullies to giving yourself better leverage is easier and faster to lift the same object.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:20 AM
    Yup all the essential apps are there in BB world and Amazon appstore , only apps with Google play services are not available, instagram and others can be sideloaded ... not a big deal for non - google apps users
    Without Snap, a BlackBerry phone is a feature phone. If you NEED a PKB and you don't many apps, I guess you would be ok.

Most of my apps are Android. None that I can think off came from the Amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-24-15 02:25 AM
    Without Snap, a BlackBerry phone is a feature phone. If you NEED a PKB and you don't many apps, I guess you would be ok.

Most of my apps are Android. None that I can think off came from the Amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Besides for iGrann and the apps that came with my Passport, every single one of the apps on my Passport is from Snap.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 01:35 AM
    He was referring to key apps like NetFlix...

I don't know why anyone would want to watch on that small screen of a phone. I'd rather watch it on tablets or computers.
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    04-25-15 04:16 AM
    99% of missing apps are trash that no one wants anyway.

Very bold statement
    If the app gap is not the issue, why did bbry build apk support?
    To run that 99% trash apps that no one wants?
    04-25-15 05:21 AM
    Not really, I can name several that are not on either. And sideloading apps or even direct from amazon is a band aid solution.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 06:57 AM
    I don't know why anyone would want to watch on that small screen of a phone. I'd rather watch it on tablets or computers.
    Streaming capabilities is one outside-the-box use.
    04-25-15 08:18 AM