They could have a stripped down device that just has Blend on it and no other responsibilities. Have it on a wall power source. It could just serve as a secured email and browser source for people who don't have the money for bes. This would allow another revenue source for BlackBerry. It is not true bes, as it is only secure to the device. I'm not sure if it would be popular but I would like to have something like that for my wife's iPhone and iPad.

I am what I am, and that's all that I am.
    02-14-15 09:29 AM
    Blend depends on another BB10 device, not BES to work. This one details is a flaw on your whole concept.

What you describe thought, is what they originally had in mind for the PlayBook... Then the iPad happened and the rest is history.
    02-14-15 11:43 AM
    Actually have a bb10 device that serves the email, not bes but just a device only set up to use just like one would use a bb10 phone for. Like one could do with a headless computer and remote desktop.

02-14-15 01:48 PM
    Some people don't have a need for two phones but would like a more secure way to access email when on public wifi. Also some people don't know how to configure vpn service on multiple devices, so this could be beneficial to them

02-14-15 01:50 PM
    One could just get a tablet and get the same results AS WELL AS all the other benefits.

Hence why the PlayBook did not ship exactly the way you described.
    02-14-15 02:43 PM
    That if they want a BlackBerry phone, how about the ones who don't want to have the BlackBerry phone but would like the Blend features. Like usual apple will copy the features and bury BlackBerry

02-15-15 03:12 PM