View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a BB slider PKB add on for whatever device?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • Heck, Yes!

1 33.33%
    Suppose BlackBerry released a device that would clip onto your device, plug into the Micro USB or Lightning port on the bottom and provided a portrait slider keyboard?

Suppose BlackBerry was clever about it and most of the components would be universal, except for the "bracket" that was specific to the device.

Suppose the back bit (the slider part) had all the components in the bottom third of the device (in portrait orientation) and the rest could be extra battery capacity for the device.

Suppose it also had the toolbelt that could control the various aspects of your device just like the traditional BBOS device toolbelt i.e. the "Call" button brings up the phone app and the "call end" button hangs up the call no matter what app you're currently in... and the trackpad acts like a mouse native to that platform (BB, iOS, Android and WP all support bluetooth mice / keyboards).

Suppose that this device would NOT exhibit the same types of keyboard problems some Q10 / Classic / Passport users are experiencing (and Q5 users seem to not be experiencing).

Would you be interested in such a device, and if so, how much would you EXPECT it to cost (considering the Typo for iOS was inferior AND didn't have charging capability AND didn't have the trackpad and was $99).
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 05-26-15 at 12:55 PM.
    05-26-15 12:43 PM
    If these were available, I would just slap one of those babies on my Z30 right away and I'm not really sure that I'd be so interested in the slider... but if the slider is much more powerful, then yeah, I'd still get it, but the Z30 with such an add-on would almost be a perfect device IMO.

I think BlackBerry should run a kickstarter campaign for this to gauge market interest: they have nothing to lose if they set up the params of the campaign to ensure that all costs of manufacturing and distribution are covered.

Success or failure of the campaign would be a very clear albeit very PUBLIC indication of whether BlackBerry should continue to pursue PKB devices or even pursue making hardware of any kind.

I'd hope that for BB devices they might do a modest price, since you've already paid for the BB device, so I'm thinking $150 for the Z30... I'd pay it without thinking about it for one second.
    05-26-15 12:51 PM
    06-08-15 01:58 AM
    Yes, exactly like that... only made by BlackBerry with BlackBerry's patents and legendary build quality.
    06-22-15 09:42 AM
    I think that all PKB 's need easily replaceable keyboards.

How about a all touch phone where the front screen was interchangeable with one that has a PKB. One device could satisfy both markets. Has to be plug and play.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 09:49 AM