Usually when I start with new concept, I use the comments on the first few to establish what more or less everyone wants. So, I made a basic BlackBerry UI:

The Hub is available in a dark theme. Yes, the blue doesn't quite fit, that will be fixed with my landscape concept.

The multitasking page is less cramped and allows for more frames. Frames have adjustable sizes and rounded corners. Clicking on the bottom right closes a frame, or you can just swipe up, like MeeGo did.

The homescreen is about as flat as you can get. You get to actually see your wallpaper. Icons are barebone basic and you can set names to be removed. The bar at the top is removed and the one at the bottom too. You can choose your left and right shortcuts on the bottom of the homescreen. The small lock as visible on the pictures icon shows that you can no password protect icons, if you have something sensitive not suitable for prying eyes. The colour of the icons, including the bottom homescreen slider as well as the battery indicator, time and connectivity can be changed together.

Obviously there will be some people that will dislike it, but I worked from the comments I got, so voice yours so that I know what to replace, remove or add...

Basic BlackBerry 10 UI-flatblack.jpg
    davidboubou, Mecca EL and arnavrs like this.
    03-19-14 04:22 PM
    Love the active frames ! Not so keen on the icons though I have to say... Too small and not enough colour for me.

Good job though !
    arnavrs likes this.
    03-19-14 04:47 PM
    Hate the icons, better design than last one though

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 05:28 PM
    Really not a fan of flat, transparent icons. They need a background.

How about some colour in the icons and text in the hub? Currently the mail envelopes, BBM, SMS icons are all white (in the menu on the left)
    03-19-14 05:45 PM
    Hate the icons just make icons without shadow

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:01 PM
    Brilliant icon designs. I'd greatly prefer the super simple designs, though monochromatic colours based on app could be cool, too.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:47 PM
    I like the idea of smaller icons and the ability to remove text label... not sure I like the monochromatic icons though... well done all the same!
    03-19-14 08:17 PM
    MeeGo is swipe down to close. I've always liked the idea of a half swipe to minimize, and full swipe to close.

Also, swipe up and right for the hub, and swipe up and left for other open apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:10 PM