I have used large screen phones all my life. First the xperia z ultra with the 6.5 inch 1080X1920 res screen. Then BlackBerry z30 as my first BlackBerry phone with a 5" 720p screen and I fell in love with it... now I want to buy another BlackBerry, the BlackBerry Classic. I would have considered priv but it's android and I have fallen in love with bb10 lemme tell you I have never used a physical keyboard in my life. I loved the virtual keyboard of BlackBerry. I got priv's virtual keyboard on my z ultra and used the lovely default keyboard on the z30. My question is... is classic worth it...will the tiny screen be a culture shock to me and will I be at home with the pkb?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 07:59 PM
    Well the main diference is if you like to have a big display or a small one. Also the keyboard in fact is very good for fast writing...
    09-01-16 08:02 PM
    I made the switch from The Z30 to the Classic and am very happy. With that said I always preferred the physical keyboard form factor to the all touch. So for me it was like coming home.

If you can live with less screen then the Classic should be fine for you since the OS is identical. You'll just need to decide if you want to learn to use a physical keyboard or not. I personally love it. BB10's virtual keyboard is amazing but nothing beats the tactile feel of a real keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 08:51 PM
    Is there any store next to you where you can try the Classic? I am currently using coming from an Iphone with a bigger screen and I must say it really depends what you are using your phone for. Messaging, calling, browsing, news, twitter, igrann all are amazing to suprisingly pleasant in the Classic screen. Heavy media use maybe not so much. The keyboard in combination with the trackpad and the navigation keys is a lifesaver. Btw I have only used a pkb once briefly with the Q10 and wasn't happy but the Classic is just great. Since you used the Z30 previously the app restrictions don't seem to bother you so it should be alright.
    BUT keep in mind the BlackBerry mercury/rome is on its way with probably a big and non-square screen and a pkb so this might be the perfect answer for your dilemma since the BB10 features seem to become more and more integrated and fast on Android. If you have to stick with BB10 the Classic is fantastic choice which makes great sunset pictures
    Z30 to classic?-img_20160901_193952.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 08:29 AM
    Have done it, am generally happy with the Classic. The small screen is hard work at times for viewing Web pages or pictures, but it's nice to have some hardware buttons again, and the ability to start typing to summon the Assistant, and other keyboard shortcuts, are great.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 08:48 AM
    If iam used to 6.5 inch 1080X1920 screen... and I initially hated z30's screen size then will the 3.5' screen be a culture shock

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 10:54 AM
    If iam used to 6.5 inch 1080X1920 screen... and I initially hated z30's screen size then will the 3.5' screen be a culture shock

Posted via CB10
    I mean it depends on the way you use your phone. I am mostly using it for sn, messaging, calling, browsing and these kind of things. I previously and sometimes still use iphone 6 and the screen is still super pleasant but you have to try it out. If screen size is major concern for you and you'ld have to get used to whatever keyboard you gonna buy anyway maybe check out the Passport Silver Edition. It is supposed to be a killer phone. I am just not that comfortable with the big keyboard and it being 3 row but one could get used to that

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 11:39 AM
    The keyboard and all shortcuts improve your classic experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 11:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Got to say 'yes'. I have had a smartphone since a 2002 Samsung clamshell S500i and a Nokia N95 right after that, and many dumbphones prior.

For keyboard quality, phone, SMS, email, decent battery life, and *acceptable* Web browsing, the Classic hits a fairly exclusive sweet-spot. If you could live with basically no apps whilst using the Z30 for the sake of a stable, intuitive OS and amazing messaging interface, you *might* be able to stomach the tiny display of the Classic.

Bear in mind that both of the Z series BB10 phones have a display which will kick the Classic into touch for Web and graphical purposes. But the battery life and hardware keys are amazing. Brought me back to a phone with buttons for the first time in 12 years... (longer if you discount my HTC Hero, which had an Arkanoid-style trackball)

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 01:39 PM
    It's will be an easy switch I've owned both. Classic screen is about the same size as the Z30 with they keyboard up. Sound on the classic sucks compared to the Z and it may seem a touch slower but the key make using it quicker.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 01:47 AM
    Used my first pkb phone...it was a BlackBerry Torch hated the keyboard... how can you type on that... no way iam going to type on such small keys
    Z30 to classic?-img_20160711_204848.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 08:38 AM
    Get both... have a tablet for play time :-)

Classic for work, Z30 for everything else...
    09-07-16 07:57 AM
    Z30 to classic?-my-blackberry-phones_1_1.jpg

Like these...

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    09-07-16 08:05 AM
    I have used large screen phones all my life. First the xperia z ultra with the 6.5 inch 1080X1920 res screen. Then BlackBerry z30 as my first BlackBerry phone with a 5" 720p screen and I fell in love with it... now I want to buy another BlackBerry, the BlackBerry Classic. I would have considered priv but it's android and I have fallen in love with bb10 lemme tell you I have never used a physical keyboard in my life. I loved the virtual keyboard of BlackBerry. I got priv's virtual keyboard on my z ultra and used the lovely default keyboard on the z30. My question is... is classic worth it...will the tiny screen be a culture shock to me and will I be at home with the pkb?

Posted via CB10
    With the pkb you will have the advantage of easily using the keyboard shortcuts. You could do shorcuts in the z30 by swiping the keyboard up with two fingers, but it is not as useful as it is in the classic.
    09-13-16 07:33 PM
    Used my first pkb phone...it was a BlackBerry Torch hated the keyboard... how can you type on that... no way iam going to type on such small keys
    Posted via CB10
    The keyboard on a Classic is different than that of a Torch.
    The depth that a button is pressed is different. The keys are different sizes. The keyboard width is different. The rows are straight. The pressure required to press a button is different.
    Just for your information.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 07:50 PM
    The Classic is a different consideration when it comes to screen size trade-off, because you never really actually have to touch it, so your thumb will rarely be in front of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 03:00 PM