My contract is up in February. By then, the classic should be available. I haven't heard much about the classic; it's general specifications.

Besides the updated OS the classic will offer, is there any significant upgrades or features (besides the toolbelt) great enough to make the switch from the z10 to the classic.

I would like to continue my loyalty to the company, but I'm having trouble staying on that path.

The passport is unique, but I'm only a college student. Email is essential, but I'm not doing anything businesslike yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:15 PM
    Besides the updated OS the classic will offer, is there any significant upgrades or features (besides the toolbelt) great enough to make the switch from the z10 to the classic.
    Larger battery, physical keyboard, rest is pretty much the same.
    12-08-14 03:19 PM
    I don't get why we need to persuade you? If you want it, get it, if you want something else, get something else...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    dmateo, ponpiri, donemt and 6 others like this.
    12-08-14 03:56 PM
    I loved the Z10...
    My battery life was good, as I was not a power user.
    Since I've changed to the Z30, due to the Black Friday sales I picked up a couple - and now I am more of a power user, amazing phone!

But if you like the physical keys and original form factor of the 9900 - the Classic is the one for you!
    12-08-14 05:03 PM
    Your Z10 might die randomly, or have other issues. My microphone randomly died for example.

However I think the Classic pricing is way too high, it should be $349.
    12-08-14 05:38 PM
    I don't get why we need to persuade you? If you want it, get it, if you want something else, get something else...

This ^^^

Just get the phone if you want it.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:39 PM
    I suggest you to take the Z30! It upgrades almost everything on the from the Z10! Better battery life an processor. I still think the Z30 has better specs than the Classic. Moreover, it's now a very cheap device!
    12-08-14 05:42 PM
    I also don't get why we should persuade you in order to buy the device. Will we be blamed for if you aren't happy with it then?

Seriously, you should only buy if you really feel it is a worthy investment. The Classic doesn't offer anything new in terms of internal hardware over your Z10: Same CPU, same amount of RAM. You'll get a much better battery and thus, also thanks to the combination with the smaller screen, much better battery life.

Besides that you need to make sure if you like the smaller screen, especially the 1:1 formfactor, which sucks for media but is quite nice for everything else.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 03:00 AM
    I'm a Z30 user myself, and would recommend it if you're thinking of upgrading from a Z10. I'm getting the classic for work, so it will be the best of both worlds!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 04:52 AM
    Z10 owner here... The Classic will be my 6th Blackberry (or 7... Can't remember). We can argue about specs for a long time and create countless number of threads but that's not really the point. A tradionnal device such as this one will be is used differently from other iThings or Kit-Kat devices... The relation you have with this sort of technology is different... It's about communications and using a tool that seconds you in what you are doing instead of entertaining or divert you from what you are doing. Sure, you can browse the web, listen to music, use all social media, but focus is not on that. Should you get it? I don't know and I believe that you are the only one who can answer this question based on your needs...
    Last edited by Milpat; 12-09-14 at 08:32 AM.
    12-09-14 05:19 AM
    Persuasion:

Txt from Classic user: "Hey, I'm at the front door. I have a hankering for some pho."

Txt from Z10 user: "Hey, I'm at the fort door. I have a handkerchief for cellphone."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Empyrean; 12-09-14 at 11:00 AM.
    12-09-14 08:45 AM
    Had a Z10 since launch. While the bigger screen is a plus, at the end of the day BlackBerry users are rational, non-conformists who don't get phones for frivolity but for functionality. I'll take the keyboard back any day (Dec 17 I understand), thanks very much.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:29 AM

+ 1000000

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:46 AM
    You don't deserve the Classic. Don't get it. It's not for you.

There. Now you'll want it more.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 02:32 PM
    Battery life!

Z30 STA 100-2
    12-09-14 05:42 PM
    Persuasion:

Txt from Classic user: "Hey, I'm at the front door. I have a hankering for some pho."

Txt from Z10 user: "Hey, I'm at the fort door. I have a handkerchief for cellphone."

Posted via CB10
    This makes absolutely no sense.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 06:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    It makes perfect sense.
    I have a z10 and I have auto-correct turned off but I still make plenty of mistakes.

On a q10 I am much closer to perfect with my typing.

The point is that the touch screen on the z10 can cause all kinds of issues while the classic should be very accurate.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Autocorrect...

12-10-14 09:29 AM
    ...I would like to continue my loyalty to the company, but I'm having trouble staying on that path.
    -->The only way you can stay loyal is if you go from the Z10 to the Classic? What about the Z30? Are you loyal for the sake of loyalty, or loyal because you love the brand? From what I've read (mind you I've not owned one), a Z30 may be a more natural next step for you- especially if you really like the Z10. I would think that since you've shown a willingness to consider the Passport, then a bigger size phone is no problem for you.

...The passport is unique, but I'm only a college student. Email is essential, but I'm not doing anything businesslike yet.
    Posted via CB10
    -->The Passport may have business in mind, but besides possibly an increase in the number of emails and documents, I would think the passport would come in handy when creating/finishing college reports/documents, taking notes, doing web "research", etc.

Is it possible you just want to go to another brand of phone or that BlackBerry just isn't meeting your needs in some area or another? Instead of asking others to persuade you, ask yourself what features you're missing or wanting that's not currently in the Z10. Then examine the phones you are considering and weigh the pros and cons accordingly.
    12-10-14 03:50 PM
    ...I would like to continue my loyalty to the company, but I'm having trouble staying on that path.
    -->The only way you can stay loyal is if you go from the Z10 to the Classic? What about the Z30? Are you loyal for the sake of loyalty, or loyal because you love the brand? From what I've read (mind you I've not owned one), a Z30 may be a more natural next step for you- especially if you really like the Z10. I would think that since you've shown a willingness to consider the Passport, then a bigger size phone is no problem for you.

...The passport is unique, but I'm only a college student. Email is essential, but I'm not doing anything businesslike yet.
    Posted via CB10
    -->The Passport may have business in mind, but besides possibly an increase in the number of emails and documents, I would think the passport would come in handy when creating/finishing college reports/documents, taking notes, doing web "research", etc.

Is it possible you just want to go to another brand of phone or that BlackBerry just isn't meeting your needs in some area or another? Instead of asking others to persuade you, ask yourself what features you're missing or wanting that's not currently in the Z10. Then examine the phones you are considering and weigh the pros and cons accordingly.
    12-10-14 03:53 PM
    Persuasion:

Posted via CB10
    Or, the girl you've been hankering to get with finally calls you back after letting you sweat for a week, but you are outside in winter with gloves on.

Classic user: presses the green button and commences the sweet-talking.

Z10 user: finds that he cannot swipe the screen but keeps frantically trying, and ends up dropping and smashing it to bits.

From a Z30
    Empyrean likes this.
    12-10-14 08:40 PM
    Not sure why you need to be persuaded however can give you my opinion. I had a z10 and recently traded in that for a passport. My wife recently retired her 9900 for a used note 2 "full touch".... The benefits of physical keys are well documented. I am currently typing on my iPad which is obvious a big touch screen and I am hating the auto correct. So it is the same as when I was using the z10, I was frustrated of all the auto corrects that it does, for reading e-mails I also find a square screen more natural. To your comment about the passport is not just for business, it might be marketed that way but it is just not the best phone for everyday media consumption. Ie video watching, you tubing etc. for everyday use of reading e-mails, news in the browser etc, in my opinion it is amazing.
    12-10-14 09:08 PM
    My contract is up in February. By then, the classic should be available. I haven't heard much about the classic; it's general specifications.

I would like to continue my loyalty to the company, but I'm having trouble staying on that path.

The passport is unique, but I'm only a college student. Email is essential, but I'm not doing anything businesslike yet.

Posted via CB10
    Don't make the jump yet you will regret it.... 2015 devices especially at mwc reveal will blow your mind.... Wait it out trust me my friend March 2015 will be awesome month for blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-10-14 09:33 PM
    Or, the girl you've been hankering to get with finally calls you back after letting you sweat for a week, but you are outside in winter with gloves on.

Classic user: presses the green button and commences the sweet-talking.

Z10 user: finds that he cannot swipe the screen but keeps frantically trying, and ends up dropping and smashing it to bits.

From a Z30
    Whole new meaning to "call block", if you catch my drift...

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    12-11-14 01:20 AM
    Whole new meaning to "call block", if you catch my drift...

Posted via CB10
    Or "Solo Mobile"... lol... okay, I'll stop now.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 01:20 AM
26 12