I am current Z10 user. Been thinking about going Classic as a way of recapturing some of the magic that was the Bold9000/9900. Anyone care to share their impressions going from Z10/30 to Classic, especially if you were coming from a Bold series device prior to your Z10/30?=

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:54 PM
    I am current Z10 user. Been thinking about going Classic as a way of recapturing some of the magic that was the Bold9000/9900. Anyone care to share their impressions going from Z10/30 to Classic, especially if you were coming from a Bold series device prior to your Z10/30?=

Posted via CB10
    sure I'll try..

I had 9700 BB which I tried to work with..I could never typing on that KB cause it was a bit too small for me..Went on BB Storm 1 for me piece of sh1tt put the axe in it before the first year ended...Went with android just lasted so long.tried Iphone which was not business friendly..

Then came Z 10 with OS 10..: nice device and OS...Then went on Z 30 which I still have and keep for spare

Now I have the Classic.....I like it...
    12-27-14 03:04 PM
    I primarily use my phone for text input and communication, listen to audio books, and web browsing. I do watch videos, but only very lightly.

I'm just looking at the specs and looking at the battery and wondering if I'm really getting $500 of added value over my Z10, or if I'd be better off waiting for Classic 2 or the next all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:34 PM
    I primarily use my phone for text input and communication, listen to audio books, and web browsing. I do watch videos, but only very lightly.

I'm just looking at the specs and looking at the battery and wondering if I'm really getting $500 of added value over my Z10, or if I'd be better off waiting for Classic 2 or the next all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    no, then got with Z 30....Classic are for those who want the belt back

or wait for the Classic 2

As far as I am concern Classic just as good as the Z 30 for speed wise with apps
    12-27-14 04:38 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic is awesome.. had z10 and bold 9900....

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:48 PM
    no, then got with Z 30....Classic are for those who want the belt back

or wait for the Classic 2

As far as I am concern Classic just as good as the Z 30 for speed wise with apps
    If definitely go Z30 if it had AT&T LTE... if the Classic is as fast as the Z30, I'd be satisfied, my Z10 is starting to feel just a little slow at times. Nothing crazy, but I'd be really disappointed if I got the Classic and it wasn't appreciably faster from a processing point of view.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:20 AM
    If definitely go Z30 if it had AT&T LTE... if the Classic is as fast as the Z30, I'd be satisfied, my Z10 is starting to feel just a little slow at times. Nothing crazy, but I'd be really disappointed if I got the Classic and it wasn't appreciably faster from a processing point of view.

Posted via CB10
    I am Can-USA driver..I had an AT&T sim card in the Z30 and whenever I was driving to certain city my phone was showing LTE or 4GLTE something like that..I have not been into the USA with my classic yet....
    Keep in mind that the specs of the Classic is the same as the Q 10..I have compare it to my Z 30.

power on- Z 30 is faster.
    opening apps for the first start takes longer ( same with the Z 30 ) but once it has been open the second time it is faster.
    Have tried many apps like calendar, photo, contacts.text,browser, file manager,music all was comparable to the Z 30 in speed but some say here that the Classic is much slower...I don't know about that..that was not my experience..
    Some say that for the price tag it is not worth it....it is a personal choice...

for me I am Happy with the Classic. I don't take it as a downgrade from the Z 30......PROBABLY THERE MIGHT BE SOME CIRCUMSTANCE THAT the Z 30 is faster... I have yet to come across

if you really want an upgrade look at the Passport way much faster I heard

At the end is what would work for you according to your busy life
    12-28-14 10:38 AM
    At the end is what would work for you according to your busy life
    Totally agree. I love the Passport, but I need a device I can use one handed.

If the Classic had Passport internals, this wouldn't even be a conversation. I'd already be rocking a Classic.

I thought Z30 couldn't get LTE on AT&T. If it can, I think my better option would be to get a discounted Z30 now and come back to the Classic 2 in a year or so.

My only hesitation is the sweet, sweet BlackBerry keyboard. I want that back so bad...

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:30 PM

If the Classic had Passport internals, this wouldn't even be a conversation. I'd already be rocking a Classic.

I thought Z30 couldn't get LTE on AT&T. If it can, I think my better option would be to get a discounted Z30 now and come back to the Classic 2 in a year or so.

My only hesitation is the sweet, sweet BlackBerry keyboard. I want that back so bad...

Posted via CB10
    then go for it...so that way no regrets
    12-28-14 05:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's right
    12-28-14 05:35 PM
    Yes - I am so happy to have the keyboard back. I loved the fluidity and real estate of my Z10 but I sorely missed the functional response of a keyboard. I enjoyed my Z10 but my actual writing on it had decreased so much that I could have easily disappeared from blogs and forums without me noticing it! Screen tapping to write was not satisfying and very much filled with mistypes, incorrect auto corrects and thoughts not shared because it was not a satisfying experience to tap out so slowly. I expect to get back up to speed soon (85wpm) so friends can expect to hear lots more from me again.
    I think the combo of touch and real typing could only be bettered by on screen stylus writing!! There should be a good app for that!!!
    The phone feels so good in my hands, well balanced and well made.
    The screen offers great real estate- and the track pad helps to point to the tiniest of spots to click on a page.
    Shortcuts are very useful tools, so easy!!!
    Thank you BlackBerry! I have been waiting for this.....

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and eldrover like this.
    12-28-14 09:15 PM