Since yesterday, YouTube won't play in the background anymore. Haven't done any updates or whatever since it last worked (the day before yesterday). Even when minimised into an active frame, it stops the audio playback. I have rebooted a few times, but to no avail unfortunately. Has anyone had this issue or still has?

This experience kind of had me thinking about the K1. I'm sure going to miss this feature. I don't think I ever realised how amazing it is to have YouTube playback in the background until it was gone. Perhaps I'll get used to it before the K1 hits if this issue doesn't get resolved for me :lol:

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 04:36 AM
    I run it from the app but through the browser.
    04-27-17 06:24 AM
    Same here too youtube ain't workin' in the background anymore. Deleted cookies n history as I was told to do but it doesn't work
    04-27-17 09:03 AM
    Seeing as how other phones with the browser are starting to experience this problem, I think it's Youtube doing it intentionally to force people to pay youtube red's ridiculous $10 even if you don't want the other things. I don't want to watch youtube red series, just a bunch internet tv stuff. I can't even get youtube music and none of the indie creators I listen to are on there so there's no point. And I literally don't care about ads, that's what ad-blocker is for, and is safer. And I prefer to support my creators directly through patreon, where I can choose how much to donate and get certain perks as per the creator's choice.

Youtube is doing the IoT version of DRM where it's less about stopping piracy (Youtube does a bang-up job of that too...) and more about keeping the customer and their product in a hostage situation where the only way to use the product the way to want to is to pay the company too much money to get less out of the product.

I blame Google's ventures into IoT giving them this mindset on how to treat their services.

Edit: and even then you have to pay for the other Youtube TV service even if you have Red, which comes out to a $45 pricetag which is way more than other sites. Netflix is less than that. Vimeo, Vidme and Soundcloud are free. It's just going to lead to a loss of consumers, which is already happening. They're trying to gain consumers back by giving them products that they now have to pay for even though the services they're going to offer the same sutff for cheaper or for free.

Investors need to replace the head of Youtube. Their customer support is trash anyway.

/rant
    04-27-17 07:05 PM
    It's YouTube's service. They can provide it any way they wish. We are not entitled to anything.

If you don't like their free service, then pay. If you don't like their paid service, then don't use it.
    anon(3732391) and fromdus2k like this.
    04-27-17 07:15 PM
    Google just made record profits. They aren't going anywhere.. Vimeo, Vidme and Soundcloud , they're all limping along and are looking to get bought out because they are bleeding money like a stuck pig so don't look at them long term; SoundCloud may not even make it to the end of the year. People are used to getting free but with free comes ads (no background play) or pay up (Red).
    04-27-17 09:29 PM
    Try FastTube: plays in the background, no ads.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-17 06:51 AM
    Yeah just checked. Vimeo still does background playback. Definitely YouTube doing its thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-17 04:38 PM
    Is it the Google/OHA cartel tighter squeeze on multi-tasking BB10 BlackBerry? Still works on the desktop in the background.
    05-01-17 11:17 AM
    Go to the browser settings and "clear cookies and other data" this will allow YouTube to play in the background as before.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    05-01-17 01:26 PM
    Go to the browser settings and "clear cookies and other data" this will allow YouTube to play in the background as before.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    Thanks! Lost all stored passwords and still doesn't work! Much appreciated :lol:

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 05:44 PM
    Use desktop mode

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 08:29 PM
    What's up fellow Crackheads lol, I have found a surefire fix that will work for everyone:

1. Go to youtube and select any video

2. Go to the end of the URL and simply type: &app=desktop, then press enter

3. Enjoy your BlackBerry as usual!

I have a Q10, 10.3.3.1463, and this youtube anomaly just happened to me last week.

Using this quick fix, we no longer have to go through the trouble of manually selecting desktop mode just to watch/listen to videos like we've been accustomed to before this nonsense happened.

P.S. While viewing videos in fullscreen, you might notice the controls (play/pause, fast forward/rewind, etc.) are not visible while watching. However, a cool little feature allows you to double-tap the video, where it will zoom in, and the controls will be visible again. When you are finished rewinding/fast forwarding, simply double-tap the video again to zoom it back to normal ratio again.

Long Live BB10! Jah Bless you all.
    05-02-17 07:45 AM
    It's YouTube's service. They can provide it any way they wish. We are not entitled to anything.

If you don't like their free service, then pay. If you don't like their paid service, then don't use it.
    Love this stick up for google crap. How about none of the above and use the workarounds presented below in response to their antics?

Use desktop mode

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!

What's up fellow Crackheads lol, I have found a surefire fix that will work for everyone:

I have a Q10, 10.3.3.1463, and this youtube anomaly just happened to me last week.

Using this quick fix, we no longer have to go through the trouble of manually selecting desktop mode just to watch/listen to videos like we've been accustomed to before this nonsense happened.

P.S. While viewing videos in fullscreen, you might notice the controls (play/pause, fast forward/rewind, etc.) are not visible while watching. However, a cool little feature allows you to double-tap the video, where it will zoom in, and the controls will be visible again. When you are finished rewinding/fast forwarding, simply double-tap the video again to zoom it back to normal ratio again.

Long Live BB10! Jah Bless you all.
    Love this reply. Thank you!
    05-02-17 06:04 PM
    Love this stick up for google crap. How about none of the above and use the workarounds presented below in response to their antics?
    I have presented workarounds for the problem as well on countless threads about this issue.

My post you are quoting was in response to someone claiming that they are being treated unfairly by Google.
    05-02-17 06:11 PM
    Just buy YouTube Red from the Youtube Mobile Browser. It's $9.99 a month with the first month free. It was a Google thing so no more work-a-arounds probably. I just bought it and I'm back in action, playing music and multi-tasking!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 05:57 PM
    Just buy YouTube Red from the Youtube Mobile Browser. It's $9.99 a month with the first month free. It was a Google thing so no more work-a-arounds probably. I just bought it and I'm back in action, playing music and multi-tasking!

Posted via CB10
    Don't be silly. Workarounds are working. Not paying google any money. Its services are already overpriced with the way google snoops on everything its users do.
    05-03-17 06:32 PM
    Don't be silly. Workarounds are working. Not paying google any money. Its services are already overpriced with the way google snoops on everything its users do.
    What definite workaround is working for you??

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 10:37 PM
    What definite workaround is working for you??

Posted via CB10
    From one of the posts above:

Works for me.
    05-04-17 07:06 PM
    Meh, too much work. I drive and play music a lot, and if the WiFi is not connected or bad signal, the desktop version on mobile can be draggy and messy.

Whatever suits you though. For me, the free month and 9.99 a month is cool to be able to use the simple mobile version to multitask.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 07:09 PM
    And it's ad free and the shows/movies are free.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 07:10 PM
    Use desktop mode

Posted via CB10
    After 3 months of everybody saying it's stopped playing in the background it finally caught up to me, lol. Thanks for the tip. Will keep YouTube in Desktop mode for a couple weeks until I have the KEYone ;-)

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    05-06-17 05:46 PM
    If you minimise youtube before the video starts playing, it will play in the background

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 04:07 AM
    Try FastTube: plays in the background, no ads.

Posted via CB10
    Do you still have Fasttube? On my classic i cant find on the BlackBerry World. Luckly I use Supertube and it's working good, but i miss some features of Fasttube, dont know why i had it and now i dont? :/
    05-10-17 07:45 AM
    So drunk on beer and purple wine I wiped out on my bike...
    Still, youtube is playing in the backgrounf as I type tgis thanks to developer mode andd desktop modebv

What a chune. Turn it p!!
    05-16-17 04:52 PM
26 12