Howdy!

I've had Classic last year then I've got Passport and then I've sold them both. Now I want to buy the Classic once again (I just can't handle my email accounts on Note 5 as efficiently as on BB10). So, I'd like to ask those who use Classic for a long time. Is your Classic still fast enough? I mean with all those emails and the HUB filled with stuff, and apps.

Thanks!
    01-06-16 05:12 AM
    HUB has not slowed down at all in 13 months I've owned it.

Due to lots of apps, phone overall is slightly slower than when I first bought it. That's the same for any phone though.

I think the OS updates helped counter act much of the added app loads.
    01-06-16 10:30 AM
    I make sure that I only have apps that I use downloaded. The more apps sitting around unused the more I find it lags and battery drain happens.

A fellow BlackBerry user who had every app under the sun downloaded did this recently and found it to be a huge difference...especially with Android apps.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-06-16 10:37 AM
    After one year my Hub experience is as ever.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 11:32 AM
    Same here as long as you don't have a ton of useless apps lying around just taking up space then your phone will be fine besides what's the point of having stuff if you aren't going to use it I keep it a minimum for what I need and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 11:43 AM
    Native apps are certainly acceptable. Android apps are less consistent. Some are plenty fast, but others are very sluggish.
    01-06-16 11:51 AM
    I get the occasional lag when I quickly try to compose a new message sometimes and I get a double typed word or a missed word. Does anyone else have this happen sometimes?

I suppose I will try to do a good 'cleanse' and see if this helps.
    01-06-16 12:00 PM
    Yeah, Mon, it still be a rocking thing.
    01-06-16 01:19 PM
    Slower than molasses. In the process of deleting apps I don't use and transferring files to the SD card. Was going to do a complete wipe and start over but don't have time right now. I've already seen an improvement today with processing speed. None of the android or amazon apps work smoothly so they're the first to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 03:01 PM
    Slower than molasses. In the process of deleting apps I don't use and transferring files to the SD card. Was going to do a complete wipe and start over but don't have time right now. I've already seen an improvement today with processing speed. None of the android or amazon apps work smoothly so they're the first to go.
    Very good first steps.

After you move ALL pictures and videos to the SD card, make sure to delete all the trash (screenshots usually go first). Double check if you have Battery Saving Mode on. If you do, turn it off, it diminishes the processor power and that can get the device to run slow (specially heavier android apps).

Go into the browser, settings > privacy and clean cache/history.

Once that's all done, hold the top buttom till you see a red LED followed by the BlackBerry logo, that should also clean up cached files.

That should see your Classic back in action!

I get the occasional lag when I quickly try to compose a new message sometimes and I get a double typed word or a missed word. Does anyone else have this happen sometimes?

I suppose I will try to do a good 'cleanse' and see if this helps.
    Seen this happen on my Z30 when I type too fast and the device is juggling more than it can handle.
    01-06-16 04:40 PM
    Yes

BBM @ 2C018E13
    01-06-16 07:26 PM
    Every now and then when the battery is below 20% (but not in battery saving mode, I adjusted it to 15%), the phone performs like absolute crap. The hub lags, contact names don't show up and apps freeze. Happened today. Even a reboot didn't fix it. The keyboard would lag while typing a text. It's pretty awful.

Now that it's charging it seems to be a-ok again..

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 10:24 PM
    My Classic is fast as ever, and it's one of the one year old model from Dec/2014 running it straight through since then.
    Apart from that it was loaded with every leaked OS10 as soon available, OS stripped down to the essentials, no bulk app's, and but most important only running native-built-for-Blackberry app's only, absolut no Android nor Android ports and taken care of the privileges of every app, so most of them do not start automatically in background which eats up memory if non of this app's are in use, like Blend for instant not running in background if not in use. NFC, BT and WiFi only enabled if needed and charging over night.
    That way my battery last all day no power drop at all.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    01-07-16 02:58 AM