Is anyone here feels that the display of bb classic has yellowish tint to it when compared to other devices ... my old nokia e6 and samsung tab has much whiter and brighter display when i compared loading the same pics on these devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 04:45 AM
    Nope. Have you tried adjusting the display settings?
    05-21-15 04:53 AM
    Go to settings, display ,display color settings

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    05-21-15 05:01 AM
    i have tried the col settings....there is only one that i can see....the white col setting...if there r other,can u guys plz guide me abt the same ?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 09:42 AM
    Same with the Classic I sent back, the display hat a somewhat yellow or at least warm tint. You especially noticed it inside the Hub when having Passport and Classic side-by-side. Even by changing the white balance I can't recreate the colors of the Passport screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 11:31 AM
    Screens are all different. It's like Sony TV vs sammy TV. It's all the display. Yes the Classic is more yellow compared to the HTC one. But again it's the display. It bothered me at first but now it's normal. You'll get used to it.
    05-21-15 02:16 PM
    Same with the Classic I sent back, the display hat a somewhat yellow or at least warm tint. You especially noticed it inside the Hub when having Passport and Classic side-by-side. Even by changing the white balance I can't recreate the colors of the Passport screen.

Posted via CB10
    u know i sold out my old classic as i could not put up with the problems i was facing with it incurring heavy loss ... double typing, loose keys and considerable gap between the toolbelt and the screen ... got the new one and unfortunately i have got the gap in this one as well but much much less than the old one ... i feel my space key is loose this time and am also facing double typing in this one as well ... but not to an extent that i cant put up with ... the thing that bothers me is the yellowish display ... i cant say for sure if the old one has the same issue too bcoz i got the matte screen guard applied over it at the time of purchase itself and i cud feel the yellowish display in that one as well but now that my screen is sans screen guard,it really bothers me when my old e6 shows much clearer and better pics compared to my classic

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 10:54 AM
    Have you tried to adjust the white balance? Go to Settings - Display - Colour settings (right below the brightness slider!), you can adjust the white balance there. Maybe you can finetune the display to your liking. Unfortunatly my Classic is still of for warranty, otherwise I'd try to compare it to some demo models.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 11:36 AM
    Mine is white, some have a warmer display
    05-22-15 11:47 AM
    I used till now 5 classic, every time when I compare the new one with the previous one I feel the new is more yellow.. but when I use it for few days, then again I compare it whit newst one , I feel the one which was yellow more whiter now.

So in my opinion, just after using few days will be normal for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 06:27 PM
    I just received my new red passport and the screen is much duller or slightly yellow compared to my Classic. I noticed that the red passport was built in December 2014 whereas the classic was built in March 2015, maybe the build date dictates the quality of the screen brightness?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 08:01 PM
    Yellow screens are real and it could mean your screen is defective because it can't produce one of the primary colours. These are very common on Amoled screen and is very rare on OLED.

Get a new one to be safe.
    05-23-15 04:22 AM
    We used to have this sometimes on old Nokia Touch Devices, usually maxing the brightness for a few days did the trick, or even displaying a white pic for a few minutes with the brightness at max
    05-23-15 04:29 AM
    if i take the slider on the cooler side then instead of getting brither the screen turns bluish instead of white .... ugh .... why cant we get a perfect bright setting

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 01:52 PM