went from BB Pearl -> Palm Pre -> SS Galaxy 1 & 3 -> Nexus 4 -> BB Passport -> Lumia 1520 -> BB 9000 -> Back to Nexus 4 -> shattered the N4 -> back to BB 9000...currently ordering a Classic. i'm done with the glass rectangles, the BB is just the best overall Phone. IMHO
    02-02-16 11:10 AM
    Yes.

I'm thinking about getting a blue one and leaving Big Red.

The Classic has obliterated my desire to use any other form factor.

The only way I wouldn't use a Classic is if it was no longer supported or if a Classic 2 came out.

From a Classic
    joseanmx and Nance_Luke like this.
    02-02-16 03:15 PM
    Yes.

I'm thinking about getting a blue one and leaving Big Red.

The Classic has obliterated my desire to use any other form factor.

The only way I wouldn't use a Classic is if it was no longer supported or if a Classic 2 came out.

From a Classic
    I think I am in the same boat -- this device just works so well for what I use my phone for. I hope they continue to support it for a couple years.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 04:53 PM
    I've been on the Galaxy S5 and so over it. I miss the BB so much and returning in April when I can upgrade.
    02-02-16 05:17 PM
    When you say stockpile....you're going to buy several classics as back ups? Are you afraid they're going to stop making this model all together?
    02-02-16 05:21 PM
    I would if only they have after-sales support in my country.
    02-02-16 07:35 PM
    YES. Because of the trackball. Can be used with one hand only. Perfect size. And awesome phone.
    Pity that Android apps limp- otherwise would be the perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 08:21 PM
    Yes I would.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:15 AM
    How is the screen resolution? Some reviews mention that you can see the pixels under certain conditions. Is this an issue?
    02-03-16 09:14 AM
    How is the screen resolution? Some reviews mention that you can see the pixels under certain conditions. Is this an issue?
    Depends on what phone you are coming from I guess. I came from an iphone 6 and the ppi is fine to me. I think it's 326 vs 293 ----- not a huge difference. I think if you are coming a QHD display you might notice it more. Either way I think the screen is pretty good for what the phone was designed for.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 09:26 AM
    Depends on what phone you are coming from I guess. I came from an iphone 6 and the ppi is fine to me. I think it's 326 vs 293 ----- not a huge difference. I think if you are coming a QHD display you might notice it more. Either way I think the screen is pretty good for what the phone was designed for.

Posted via CB10
    I am currently am on the Z10.
    02-03-16 12:02 PM
    Screen resolution is just fine. The only time it may be an issue is when you are viewing very small text, like on a zoomed on webpage. Then the text isn't as sharp in this case.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 12:38 PM
    Screen resolution is a non issue. I have the Z10, Z30, Passport and now Classic. Classic is excellent as noted for its design and purpose. (similar to the very good and underrated (in all ways) Z10) Form factor is on point. Really like how this mobile device feels and operates in my hand as my daily driver.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    02-03-16 01:29 PM
    Im still not sur between white Passport or blue Classic...
    I heard that performance with the Classic is not that good and a big laggy.
    For multitasking and email its a beast but the amazon app seems to need more cpu or ram.

On the other hand, form factor of the passport is so big.
    Not fit in any pockets jean...and absolutely need to use 2 hands.
    The screen is beautiful and the battery life amazing....

I still looking here to make my decision.
    Miss so much Blackberry. I have a Galaxy s6 right now.
    02-03-16 02:00 PM
    For multitasking and email its a beast but the amazon app seems to need more cpu or ram.

I don't use any android apps on my classic -- but it handles my daily use and multi-tasking without issue. I use my phone mainly for communication and for that it performs as quickly as my iphone 6 did most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 03:31 PM
    I have a S6 too but had a Z10 and then Z30.

Missed the keyboard so thought for a while about classic vs passport, and pulled the trigger on a new passport today on ebay for a good price.

I am not sure if the form factor of the classic will be a better fit for me, but in the end i decided to see what a passport feels like because of better specs, screen and camera.

I have never held a passport so we'll see how she feels. I love how the classic feels in the hand though.
    02-03-16 03:55 PM
    I own a White Passport (beautiful) and now Cobalt Classic (best looking device IMO) they are both great devices in their respective ways. The speed difference and camera are not enough to keep my SIM in the Passport. The, keyboard, toolbelt, track pad and form factor (for me) was/is my deciding factor for daily use. I do enjoy my Passport on WiFi for reading and as my backup. (also still dig my Z30)

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    02-03-16 04:33 PM
    What do you thinks guys about BOS 10 dying slowly...
    Im looking on the blackberry world and at least 90% of the apps had a update in 2014...no support anymore.
    The phone will still work for sure but im a little bit scared about putting 600$ for a passport.
    I can have a Classic for 400$, im living in Canada

But with the Passport, it doesnt matter if any apps still works fines beacause we can use desktop version for browsing on the web.

Big decision for me haha

Thanks for your help!
    02-03-16 05:18 PM
    Im looking on the blackberry world and at least 90% of the apps had a update in 2014...no support anymore.
    The phone will still work for sure but im a little bit scared about putting 600$ for a passport.
    I can have a Classic for 400$, im living in Canada

But with the Passport, it doesnt matter if any apps still works fines beacause we can use desktop version for browsing on the web.

Big decision for me haha

Thanks for your help!
    I use an iPad for my apps ------ the classic is just for communication/calendar/tasks. If you a big user of apps I would suggest going with they passport (to run android apps) or a different platform.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 08:07 PM
    YES I WOULD!!! Wish BlackBerry made a black and gold one though!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 08:59 PM
    I would love to replace my Q10 with a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 01:53 AM
    It sucks, although with more of the web going to HTML5 the app gap might be less of an issue in the future.

I'm not too worried though. I'd rather spend $370 or whatever on a Blue Classic and get a $200 Android if I need to (there are some pretty decent Androids for <$300 nowadays) than spend $700+ on just another slab. The Priv is pretty cool but Classic kb is just the best.

From a Classic
    stuck_788, bh7171 and Avenzuno like this.
    02-04-16 02:59 PM
    Absolutely I would buy a Classic, and I did just that less than a month ago and this is the best phone I've ever used. I had a guy comment on my phone today as soon as he saw it, himself using a Z30 and he works in trades: he said the QNX microkernel is such a superior realtime operating system that he's surprised that not more people actually use it!

Plus I heard today that Jim Balsillie uses a Classic today, so I'm even more motivated to keep using this phone!

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and Avenzuno like this.
    02-04-16 05:55 PM

I have a Cobalt Blue Classic and I love it. I think it comes down to whether you prefer using the device one-handed. The Classic clearly is not as snappy as my Z30. Decide based on your top priority as to your expected user experience.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    02-05-16 06:15 PM
    Want to trade my iPhone 5s 4 a classic!! Someday
    02-05-16 07:26 PM
177 ... 45678