Of course, there are small websites or lightweight apps that don't show the difference in performance clearly. Despite the fact, that the SoC in the Passport has to move 4 times as many pixels as the Q10/Classic, the overall difference in performance is definitely noticeable. More complex Android apps are a bit laggy on the old S4 Plus devices and the difference to Passport is really obvious to anybody. Blackberrys future are clearly Android Apps (or even Android OS) so the improved speed will get more and more important.
    03-20-15 11:35 AM
    Who would answer 'no' to the original question in the title? only the dumbest human alive.
    You're clearly the only person here who can be described as such. Plenty of good points made here.

Let's put it this way: a classic with passport specs... is going to be the size of a passport.

Here's a good comparison, note 2 vs galaxy s4
    Why does the s4 have less than half the battery life of the note?
    Well the note is much bigger, with the same hardware almost, and that allows for double the battery life, thanks to a larger battery

A classic with passport specs would have half the battery life of a current classic. Which is worse than a bold 9900
    03-20-15 11:43 AM
    A classic with passport specs would have half the battery life of a current classic.
    Ehmm... Nope.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11105694
    03-20-15 12:31 PM
    The people that the Classic is targeting still uses a phone from 2010. Why would they care about haivng Passport spec. If they did the Classic would not have been made. Why would BB make a Classic with Passport cost and make 1/10th what they make with a Classic as it is now? Would you pay BB iPhone 6 prices for a Classic with Passport innards? Probably not.
    03-20-15 02:06 PM
    The people that the Classic is targeting still uses a phone from 2010.
    Yeah, we know that Blackberry doesn't care about upgrade devices for existing BB10 (Z10,Z30,Q10) users. Big mistake....

Why would they care about haivng Passport spec.
    Because such a device would attract a much larger audience than the outdated S4, 720x720, 8MP device

Why would BB make a Classic with Passport cost and make 1/10th what they make with a Classic as it is now?
    A) From where do you know how much a Passport-like Classic would be?
    B) Better spec/price ratio, more devices sold, push for BB10 plattform. (Oh wait, makes no sense as John Chen doesn't care about BB10)
    03-20-15 02:20 PM
    For me the Classic (after owning Z10, Q10 and the Passport) is the absolut best BlackBerry device. I charge it every two days. The only complaint I have is the cpu power. If it would be as snappy as the passport I would be 100% satisfied.
    03-20-15 04:12 PM
    I use a Q5 and it does not feel slow. Maybe once in a while, but generally speaking its plenty fast. I can conclude the Classic should be slightly faster than my phone thus it has to be fast enough for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    Q5 most under rated BlackBerry phone.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-20-15 04:50 PM
    For basic functions and simpler apps, the Classic is barely slower than a Passport (except for buggy parts of 10.3.1). But load a desktop browser page with a lot of pictures or graphics, and you'll see a big difference in load times. Even more so for more intensive Android apps. These kind of websites and apps open in 1/2 the time on my Z30 as on the Classic (sometimes faster), and the Passport is even faster than that! For navigating BB10 and performing the basic communication functions, the Classic is plenty snappy. But load a heavy webpage or complex app side-by-side with a Passport (or even a Z30), and you will see a substantial difference.

The Classic can't even stream music by Bluetooth and snap a picture at the same time without skipping. I love it, but it IS underpowered, especially the GPU.

From a Classic
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-20-15 06:28 PM
    ........well get a new device The Classic is all you need, if you slow down the phone speeds up! This phone zooms and blazes for me!!

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-20-15 07:12 PM
    Blackberry apparently doesn't understand this, doesn't care, or is incapable of producing such a device.
    03-20-15 07:58 PM
    Agree. I have a Z30 and a Classic. I can honestly say the difference between the two is minimal, except for running Androud Apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-20-15 09:22 PM
    Rather not. I'd love to see the Classic as the workhorse device and let BB be a bit more creative and innovative with their flagship device
    03-20-15 11:20 PM
    I don't want a Passport sized Classic but I surely want an ultra high end top of the line flagship Classic. Hopefully the Classic 2 will be that. I am ready to pay big bucks for it. It has to have a removable and powerful battery though. The screen size of classic is good enough. Just the processor and other stuff has to be upgraded.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-20-15 11:42 PM
    meet midway, 1080 x 1080 4" screen, 4 rows of keys touch sensitive, track pad and belt, SD 801, 3000mah, 13mp camera, dual speakers
    03-21-15 12:16 AM
    I for one happy that Classic specs as it is. If the Classic have the Passport specs than the price also will be close to Passport price and I wouldn't be able to afford it.

The Classic specs and price are just nice for me. It may not be as blazing fast as the Passport, but I do not need it to be that fast. I mainly used Classic for communication. No games, some androids apps, that's it... I would not buy a blazing fast and expensive Classic because I do not need it.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 04:16 AM
    I love my BlackBerry classic and I am not so specs crazy about it.....but I have to say that I am a litle disappointed specially with the browser. Z10 was much better. This one lacks a lot of times.....

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 06:10 AM
    Blackberry could offer a Classic Pro with increased performance and higher price, then there is a choice Classic or Classic Pro might please most people.
    Xenolock and NecroSemen like this.
    03-21-15 06:21 AM
    But you just said you like the form factor. That's really the key here and why it's such a great phone overall. To be honest, unless you have a Passport to see whatever it is that is performing faster on that unit, you don't really know that you're missing anything. The Classic works fine (like a Q10 would) for what it's designed to do. It's not like you have spinning dials of death like you did on the 9900. Classic just works.
    Z30 has better hardware than the classic and I notice a huge difference in android app performance on the passport. Other than nothing has changed.
    03-21-15 10:07 AM
    The Bold 9900 is by far still the best looking device. The Classic tries to mimic that but doesn't have the same premium feeling in hand. I've fiddled with a clients Classic for a few mins and I'd be just fine with it but the only issue is battery life. Wish they had made it bigger to house a battery the size of the Passport in there. 1,000 mAh on top of the current Classic battery would have been amazing, a true "all day" device. That's all I want.

Hopefully the Classic 2 delivers.
    03-21-15 10:40 AM
    The Bold 9900 is by far still the best looking device. The Classic tries to mimic that but doesn't have the same premium feeling in hand. I've fiddled with a clients Classic for a few mins and I'd be just fine with it but the only issue is battery life. Wish they had made it bigger to house a battery the size of the Passport in there. 1,000 mAh on top of the current Classic battery would have been amazing, a true "all day" device. That's all I want.

Hopefully the Classic 2 delivers.
    passport has a bigger battery but it also has a bigger screen with a much more dense ppi, better processor (arguments either way about battery life being better or worse on bigger processors), more ram and touch enabled keyboard that it has to power with that bigger battery.
    My avg battery life is 1 day and 8 hours with my passport but I think that's because the latest OS' are heavy on the battery. Hoping at least.

Who knows, at the end of the day the Classic and the Passport can have the same battery life. My passport actually has worse battery life than my Z30 (by a day) with the same build and usage. Not to mention my Z30 1.5 years old when i bought it vs this passport a month old.
    03-21-15 11:40 AM
    I don't want a Passport sized Classic but I surely want an ultra high end top of the line flagship Classic. Hopefully the Classic 2 will be that. I am ready to pay big bucks for it. It has to have a removable and powerful battery though. The screen size of classic is good enough. Just the processor and other stuff has to be upgraded.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    ya this is what I meant. Didn't mean specs by size I meant specs by power and such.
    03-28-15 07:17 PM
    The Classic is not the multi-tasking beast the Passport is, but is is friendly and fun. Concerned about specs? Get a Passport. Or any other cutting edge phone. Get both if you can afford it. Many do. Android have a wide range of devices in many specs. Does it mean we ignore all but the highest spec ones? Hardly. Budget and use adapt to the available devices. It's only because BlackBerry have a limited range of devices that everyone scrutinise and compare so critically. I enjoy BB10 for its system, overlook the quirks and errors, because after trying all the other OS I came to love it. Started as a Apple fanboy, now I love my Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and Fayzul Omar like this.
    03-28-15 10:39 PM
    The Classic is not the multi-tasking beast the Passport is, but is is friendly and fun. Concerned about specs? Get a Passport. Or any other cutting edge phone. Get both if you can afford it. Many do. Android have a wide range of devices in many specs. Does it mean we ignore all but the highest spec ones? Hardly. Budget and use adapt to the available devices. It's only because BlackBerry have a limited range of devices that everyone scrutinise and compare so critically. I enjoy BB10 for its system, overlook the quirks and errors, because after trying all the other OS I came to love it. Started as a Apple fanboy, now I love my Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Seems none of those options are in the same form factor as the Classic. I guess getting exactly what we want is always just out of the question. Oh well...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-28-15 11:47 PM
    Or a removeable battery- write here. There is a porduct manager from BlackBerry so maybe he will be reading this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...p/3079890#M128

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-01-15 01:57 AM
49 12