Current passport user here. Really can't complain too much, I do love his phone. Although I am used to it's massive width, I can't help but notice how much more comfortable a q10 or classic feels in my hands when I see them on display. What's keeping me with the passport is its raw power, screen quality, and definitely battery life.

I kind of wish blackberry made the classic to be sold alongside the passport with the same performance specs. I can understand the battery may be slightly worse do to the battery's physical size on a smaller device, but from what I've heard from users of both devices, the passport absolutely blows the classic away.

Ultimately I've always used blackberry's flagship top of the line phones. I think I like the power of the passport but prefer the form factor of the classic. Anyone else agree? Pretty excited to see what the new slider looks like also, I did enjoy the torch.
    03-19-15 02:02 PM
    Full Ack. S4 Plus and 720x720 screen on Classic are lame. Passport is too big and lacks a 4th row of keys.
    03-19-15 02:03 PM
    ultimately what I'm saying is the classic isn't worth buying for me cause it's a downgrade from the passport. It's basically a bold 9900 with q10 guts and bb10 software
    03-19-15 02:04 PM
    ultimately what I'm saying is the classic isn't worth buying for me cause it's a downgrade from the passport. It's basically a bold 9900 with q10 guts and bb10 software
    But you just said you like the form factor. That's really the key here and why it's such a great phone overall. To be honest, unless you have a Passport to see whatever it is that is performing faster on that unit, you don't really know that you're missing anything. The Classic works fine (like a Q10 would) for what it's designed to do. It's not like you have spinning dials of death like you did on the 9900. Classic just works.
    03-19-15 02:33 PM
    Okay cool. Thanks for insight.

Posted via CB10 for Passport
    03-19-15 02:51 PM
    To be honest, unless you have a Passport to see whatever it is that is performing faster on that unit, you don't really know that you're missing anything.
    Android Apps on S4 Plus are painfully slow
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-19-15 03:00 PM
    Yes! but only with a removable battery!
    idssteve and Mack Gans like this.
    03-19-15 03:03 PM
    I also own both. There is a big difference in speed in the Passport compared to the Classic. I have the exact same complaints with the device as you OP. If the Classic had the specs, screen and battery life of the powerful Passport, it would be one awesome device.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-19-15 03:14 PM
    I also own both. There is a big difference in speed in the Passport compared to the Classic. I have the exact same complaints with the device as you OP. If the Classic had the specs, screen and battery life of the powerful Passport, it would be one awesome device.
    Good luck fitting a battery as big as the passports in the classic.
    I wouldn't buy a phone with less battery life than the Z30.
    And the classic as it is barely comes close. It would be ridiculous to think some kind of quad core processor with a very HD screen could have the same battery life, at the same price point too.

The classic seems great, my Q5 isn't slow so I really don't understand why the complaints about the classic...
    03-19-15 03:21 PM
    The classic seems great, my Q5 isn't slow so I really don't understand why the complaints about the classic...
    ...and 640K RAM are enough...
    03-19-15 03:24 PM
    Me too, maybe not top of the line, but definitely a bit more future-proof than it is currently. Oh well, a Q10 with a toolbelt is better than a Q10 without a toolbelt, so I upgraded to the Classic for now. Hopefully something comes out that matches what I would like...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    03-19-15 04:05 PM
    I agree. The Classic is great for my use, but it could definitely use more processing power, particularly in the GPU. My Z30 is twice as fast (sometimes even faster) at loading graphic-heavy websites and games. Simple Android apps are ok on the Classic, but the more intense ones are very slow for 2015 standards.

One thing I noticed is that the Classic's speed and efficiency of physically operating the phone actually outstrip its processing power. The form factor and shortcuts allow you to open, close, and switch between apps so fast that those poor processors from 2012 can get bogged down and stutter. It's a multitasking beast, but it's held back by its specs.

I like the Classic a lot, and it's snappy enough for my uses. But I still want a Classic Pro with a 1080x1080 display, slightly larger trackpad, improved trackpad optimization, and Passport specs. Now THAT would be the ultimate Classic.

From a Classic
    farskija and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-19-15 05:37 PM
    I like the Classic a lot, and it's snappy enough for my uses. But I still want a Classic Pro with a 1080x1080 display, slightly larger trackpad, improved trackpad optimization, and Passport specs. Now THAT would be the ultimate Classic.

From a Classic
    If the Classic have got the Passport specs but maintained its size and weight, the battery life will only last 6 hours at best...

I rather have the good battery life of the Classic than all the other specs.

I think BlackBerry did a good job balancing battery life and raw processing power and good screen in the Classic.

Until new battery technology come there is only so much you can do...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:51 PM
    Got both. Love both. Of course Passport specs are better and high specs are cool, but I don't really care. I just like both phones. I love all BlackBerry 10's.

Posted via CB10
    NecroSemen likes this.
    03-19-15 11:49 PM
    Who would answer 'no' to the original question in the title? only the dumbest human alive.
    03-19-15 11:49 PM
    I use a Q5 and it does not feel slow. Maybe once in a while, but generally speaking its plenty fast. I can conclude the Classic should be slightly faster than my phone thus it has to be fast enough for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 01:36 AM
    This is exactly my wish too. I had a post before hoping for the same thing: a passport spec classic with lighter weight and smaller bezels

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-20-15 04:07 AM
    Yeah man its like cars. Power to weight ratio

The classic is awesome

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:35 AM
    I kind of wish blackberry made the classic to be sold alongside the passport with the same performance specs. I can understand the battery may be slightly worse do to the battery's physical size on a smaller device, but from what I've heard from users of both devices, the passport absolutely blows the classic away.
    I bought my first Passport early October and got my Classic back early January - using the Classic as my daily driver since then. I surely can't say the Passport "blows the Classic out of the water". Mind to say I am using virtually no Android apps at all, but for daily use on the native OS environment, the difference is small.

I am always baffled when a bunch of Passport users trying the Classic and says it lags like hell, is slow and what not. It sure is not for me. Having said that I also don't really understand why BlackBerry didn't went for a different SoC. There are more modern, price economic solutions available. Maybe it would be too expensive still to rewrite any drivers for newer SoCs used with BB10. The known Snapdragon works flawlessly at least.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Taigatrommel; 03-20-15 at 10:52 AM.
    03-20-15 07:55 AM
    ...and 640K RAM are enough...
    What are you saying ?
    I have a passport and q5. The difference between the two is very small in terms of performance and usability.

And obviously you ignore the rest of my post
    03-20-15 09:41 AM
    Who would answer 'no' to the original question in the title? only the dumbest human alive.
    The title didn't ask a question to answer no to. But nice job at insulting anyone who doesn't think like you. Epic.
    03-20-15 09:54 AM
    . If the Classic had the specs, screen and battery life of the powerful Passport, it would be one awesome device.
    They already have what you described...it's called the Passport.
    03-20-15 09:56 AM
    I moved from the Z10 to the Classic last December, primarily for the larger screen and PKB. I tried the passport, but too big for me. I like the Classic form factor, and I would buy a BlackBerry with the Classic form factor and higher specifications.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:03 AM
    I have a passport and q5. The difference between the two is very small in terms of performance and usability.
    Do you actually use your devices?
    Even web browsing is much faster on Passport. Android apps are light years faster on Passport.
    03-20-15 10:13 AM
    Do you actually use your devices?
    Even web browsing is much faster on Passport. Android apps are light years faster on Passport.
    For people who don't use Android apps, the performance increase from other BB10 to Passport is rather small. On any mobile websites the speed difference also isn't that large.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:55 AM
49 12