Hi there.
    I got my Classic around 2016. Now, fast forward a bit. In late 2021 i got problems with battery as Classic started switching off at 50% or something. I was almost ready to submit device for service (if there is still some available in my city... perhaps not anymore), but in the end i didn't. As trick with "let it fully drain, then reset and recharge several times" kinda made it back to "okay". Though i'm not sure if battery percentage is still "right", but now at least it goes to 0% before switching off.

However, it's not as good as it was back in days. So, i mostly keep Classic in battery saving mode, i don't use 4g, i turn off "data services", i don't use much android apps. However, it only seems to be lasting about 5-6 days on standby usually, which isn't good (i think initially i could get 10 days). Now, surely you can say that i'm using a 8 year old device so battery isn't that good anymore.

However, i also noticed in Device Monitor that i had "System" taking up to 50% - omg! That's very weird and annoying. So, perhaps something could be done to fix that?

Now, considering "post-Blackberry" situation that went into action since January. Sadly i didn't make it in time to do things that were recommended. An while i didn't enable "Protect" on my device, i didn't remove it from website and it's too late for that. So, does it mean that if i were to factory reset my Classic, then i will not be able to use it? Scary stuff.

Another thing i'd like to consult about, it's about updates. So currently i'm on "10.3.3.1359" and i'm getting notifications that i can use OTA (eh... from where does it come... is update coming from my mobile provider servers?) to update to "10.3.3.2137" (size 45 mb). Should i try that? Is it safe to do? Especially now, when BB services are no more? Please, shed some light.
    06-11-22 03:53 PM
    Number one, batteries are cheap, readily available and easy to replace.

Two, if you don't use your phone the system battery usage will of course be very high!

Three, the OTA update would be coming from your carrier.

Do not do a Factory Reset from what I've read here in the forum's.
    qmishery likes this.
    06-11-22 08:18 PM
    Thanks for reply.
    And OTA updates from carrier are "safe" in terms that you don't need BBID login into it, right?

As for battery, i wonder if i should have more diagnostic on it. BBVE says it's "green" which doesnt say much.
    06-12-22 05:57 AM
    Hi there.
    I got my Classic around 2016. Now, fast forward a bit. In late 2021 i got problems with battery as Classic started switching off at 50% or something. I was almost ready to submit device for service (if there is still some available in my city... perhaps not anymore), but in the end i didn't. As trick with "let it fully drain, then reset and recharge several times" kinda made it back to "okay". Though i'm not sure if battery percentage is still "right", but now at least it goes to 0% before switching off.

However, it's not as good as it was back in days. So, i mostly keep Classic in battery saving mode, i don't use 4g, i turn off "data services", i don't use much android apps. However, it only seems to be lasting about 5-6 days on standby usually, which isn't good (i think initially i could get 10 days). Now, surely you can say that i'm using a 8 year old device so battery isn't that good anymore.

However, i also noticed in Device Monitor that i had "System" taking up to 50% - omg! That's very weird and annoying. So, perhaps something could be done to fix that?

Now, considering "post-Blackberry" situation that went into action since January. Sadly i didn't make it in time to do things that were recommended. An while i didn't enable "Protect" on my device, i didn't remove it from website and it's too late for that. So, does it mean that if i were to factory reset my Classic, then i will not be able to use it? Scary stuff.

Another thing i'd like to consult about, it's about updates. So currently i'm on "10.3.3.1359" and i'm getting notifications that i can use OTA (eh... from where does it come... is update coming from my mobile provider servers?) to update to "10.3.3.2137" (size 45 mb). Should i try that? Is it safe to do? Especially now, when BB services are no more? Please, shed some light.
    That update may or may not work OTA, but I'd try it anyway. If something goes wrong, you can always use the autoloader, and then follow the instructions to get around the post-shutdown activation problems.

https://mega.nz/file/tVgyjDYS#ojnru-...CIkAU1dIybpHK0

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1193846/

The autoloader wipes the device. As you no longer have access to BlackBerry World, the only available native apps are here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    Last edited by conite; 06-12-22 at 02:28 PM.
    Laura Knotek and qmishery like this.
    06-12-22 02:17 PM
    Yeah only reason to second think running an autoloader is if you have an app that important to you, that isn't available outside of BBW. I really can't think of an "can't live without BB10" paid app or free ones.... but someone might have one.

100% I'd order a new battery (or two... at this point might get a dud), replace it and test it out. Still an issues, I do the autoloader.
    06-13-22 07:47 AM
    hey conite, i realize just now that this autoloader has broken the flashflight for my classic. read it somewhere too. any work around, can i still revert to my SQC100-2 autoloader?
    06-18-22 04:51 PM
    hey conite, i realize just now that this autoloader has broken the flashflight for my classic. read it somewhere too. any work around, can i still revert to my SQC100-2 autoloader?
    That is an impossibility. The autoloader would not affect your flashlight.
    CarSocMaguinsay likes this.
    06-18-22 05:33 PM
    I forgot to reply... So, I tried to do an update but in the end, it didn't actually exist. So, it was just an illusion. And Classic keeps reminding me every time "hey we have an update" but actually there is no update (can we not disable it from happening? the notification). Well, that's how it is. Guess carrier didn't actually had it anymore.

Hasn't replace battery yet as recent months IRL were prety chaotic. Well, it's not bad overall but the percentage it shows is wrong.

Thank you for .bar archive, I've read I need to connect to my Classic from PC browser as "server" to install them, right? You can't just install them from the usb, huh... unlike .apk applications.

Oh, and about BB10 itself. So, you say that "in worst case" that autoloader thing can be used without bricking it? I was too slow and never deleted my bbid when BB services were alive, and people were saying "omg now your device will only work until first wipe". So now such problem is solved and we can not fear loosing our beloved Classics, yes?

"As you no longer have access to BlackBerry World, the only available native apps are here"

One more question. If someone would make a new software in .bar format (i guess bb10 sdk are still available somewhere and export tools as well), it could be installed just like that, right?

Thanks again for information and kind replies, and best wishes to you all!
    03-20-23 06:12 PM
    I forgot to reply... So, I tried to do an update but in the end, it didn't actually exist. So, it was just an illusion. And Classic keeps reminding me every time "hey we have an update" but actually there is no update (can we not disable it from happening? the notification). Well, that's how it is. Guess carrier didn't actually had it anymore.

Hasn't replace battery yet as recent months IRL were prety chaotic. Well, it's not bad overall but the percentage it shows is wrong.

Thank you for .bar archive, I've read I need to connect to my Classic from PC browser as "server" to install them, right? You can't just install them from the usb, huh... unlike .apk applications.

Oh, and about BB10 itself. So, you say that "in worst case" that autoloader thing can be used without bricking it? I was too slow and never deleted my bbid when BB services were alive, and people were saying "omg now your device will only work until first wipe". So now such problem is solved and we can not fear loosing our beloved Classics, yes?

"As you no longer have access to BlackBerry World, the only available native apps are here"

One more question. If someone would make a new software in .bar format (i guess bb10 sdk are still available somewhere and export tools as well), it could be installed just like that, right?

Thanks again for information and kind replies, and best wishes to you all!
    You can't make new BAR/BB10 apps, the SDK can still be found online... but you can no longer get signing keys, so no new apps can be made.

Darcy's Tools can be used to "sideload" .bar apps using a PC... conite's list still seems to be the go to site for bar files https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0 that work.
    qmishery likes this.
    03-21-23 07:27 AM
    Thank you!

You can't make new BAR/BB10 apps, the SDK can still be found online... but you can no longer get signing keys, so no new apps can be made.
    Oh, I see. And if create android apps, is it possible to make it targeted at e.g. BB Classic? So it uses keyboard and other buttons fully, and notification system works.
    03-21-23 11:44 AM
    Thank you!

Oh, I see. And if create android apps, is it possible to make it targeted at e.g. BB Classic? So it uses keyboard and other buttons fully, and notification system works.
    No. Android apps only have access to the bell notification.
    03-21-23 02:17 PM
    Thank you!

You'd need to dig back into the past and look at what APIs are exposed to the Android Runtime...

Running Android Apps wasn't a great experience on BB10... lot of power leaks and missed notifications. Always had to make sure the Runtime got started after a reboot of the phone, which was often for my Z10 back in those days.

If your that good at Apps... I'd be building something for one of those Kickstarter phones.
    03-21-23 03:02 PM
    I'm not, just thought about using something like Clickteam Fusion to make a compatible export.

So, basically there is no really a good way anymore to do anything for BB10. What a shame. Other "dead" platforms see rise of homebrew nowadays, but not in our case.

No. Android apps only have access to the bell notification.
    Can't even do qwerty support? That's depressing.
    03-21-23 04:57 PM
    I don't understand what's being indicated. I thought Android Apps (yes old ones, or new ones developed against 4.3) still work with also the Physical Keyboards on BB10 PKB devices, like the Q10, Q5, Passport, Q20. Sure none of those Apps are really able to be optimized for the presence of the physical keyboard that exists in those BB10 devices. However, it's not like the physical keyboard can't be used with those Apps, is it? I certainly don't remember that with any of the several Android App ports that I think I once used with BB10.
    03-21-23 07:01 PM
    I don't really know yet, the only android app I was using since 2016 on my Classic was AIMP music player.
    Now, when I think more about it, I think at least stuff like whatsapp or telegram supported using physical keyboard for inputting text at least? Ok, I feared it would be "virtual keys only" for such apps.
    03-23-23 08:24 AM