Hello,

Former Blackberry fan here. I’m looking for a cheap PKB device to do some writing and am considering a Blackberry Classic. Is there an appropriate app that still works on this device? Maybe Docs to Go? I’m assuming Google Docs doesn’t work? Ideally it’D be an app that syncs up to the cloud so that I can switch devices and pick up where I left off.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks!
    11-03-19 09:56 AM
    Hello,

Former Blackberry fan here. I’m looking for a cheap PKB device to do some writing and am considering a Blackberry Classic. Is there an appropriate app that still works on this device? Maybe Docs to Go? I’m assuming Google Docs doesn’t work? Ideally it’D be an app that syncs up to the cloud so that I can switch devices and pick up where I left off.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks!
    A true cloud-based, cross-platform office suite doesn't really exist for BB10.

To boot, the native Box, DropBox, and OneDrive support on BB10 is no longer working.

Of course, you can do somersaults to make things work, it just depends how far you're willing to go.

You can check out Kingsoft Office on BlackBerry World - although BlackBerry World itself may in fact be shutting down in Dec of this year.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-19 12:08 PM
    As conite has stated above there no longer is a true cloud-based office suite for BB10 devices. There are ways around this. I use Docs to Go with the share function to share the documents to an android OneDrive app and to a native DropBox app called Basket. Both apps are a bit messy to get installed but the share function within Docs to Go works well enough to upload documents to either your OneDrive or DropBox.
    11-03-19 12:34 PM
    I don't know if it still works but Firefox and a Google Docs add-on should be ok
    blackberrysimon likes this.
    11-03-19 04:46 PM
    Docs To Go can work with the Hub pretty well also. Archived email attachments or another email folder for them. Some email providers have options to send email attachments to cloud drives.

Or you can use Evernote and save Docs To Go files in your Notebooks.

Both are stock on BB10 and work pretty well with the exception that Evernote doesn't work for some, like the integration with Remember. I haven't had that problem with mine however.

Posted via CB10
    blackberrysimon likes this.
    11-03-19 06:50 PM
    Thanks for all these ideas! I particularly like the idea of saving Docs to Go files in Evernote. I’m a big user of Evernote, so if I can get that to work then I will be very happy. Might even move the files I’m working on to Evernote and just work from there. I have a Blackberry Classic arriving tomorrow, so will see what I can get to work. Was only £20 so nothing to lose really! Longer term, I have a Unihertz Titan arriving soon.
    11-04-19 02:42 PM
    Thanks for all these ideas! I particularly like the idea of saving Docs to Go files in Evernote. I’m a big user of Evernote, so if I can get that to work then I will be very happy. Might even move the files I’m working on to Evernote and just work from there. I have a Blackberry Classic arriving tomorrow, so will see what I can get to work. Was only £20 so nothing to lose really! Longer term, I have a Unihertz Titan arriving soon.
    What are using now?
    11-04-19 03:44 PM
    What are using now?
    Google Docs on a Mac and an iPad. Looking for something that I can pocket and pull out when I feel inspired.
    11-04-19 03:48 PM
    Google Docs on a Mac and an iPad. Looking for something that I can pocket and pull out when I feel inspired.
    Stick with Google, skip BB10 and docs to go and just go straight to Android with Unihertz Titan so you just keep it all in the cloud. Unless you’re not looking to easily access stuff that you temporarily use the Classic for.
    John Albert and TUC-Arcavian like this.
    11-04-19 04:06 PM