Hello again!

After my painful experience of Security Wipe, which gave me a tensed 30-hour period, I am back to square one, with one glitch: I have lost my SNAP.

Can anyone please give me a step-by-step way on how to install SNAP or GOOGLE PLAY on my Classic?

I have tried the posts on various forums, especially the Cobalt thing, but am unable to load Google Play or, for that matter, Google Play Services (used by Google Maps). Couldnt load SNAP either though tried following BLA1ZE's instructions.

I guess I better stick to SNAP, right?

Please help.

Thanks,

Pankaj Jaju, Goa
    04-10-16 12:33 AM
    Do the cobalt Google play thing if u can't get snap going, I've had problems downloading the files so I've done it on a pc and emailed the 3 apk files to myself.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:22 AM
    Would you be willing to Email them to me? If so, my Email is [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:58 AM
    If you want to sideload Snap, a nice step by step is: http://m.crackberry.com/how-use-snap...roid-apk-files
    04-10-16 03:03 AM
    Hello Semime,

I tried sideloading the SNAP as adviced. My screen gets stuck up (see attached file). For hours. Nothing happens. It simply says INSTALL SNAP - 2_xxx

I followed the instructions of your link to the T.

Am I going wrong somewhere?

Pankaj Jaju
    Attached Thumbnails -snap-issue.jpg  
    04-14-16 09:17 AM
    This is what I used to install Google Play Store:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

I downloaded and installed the 3 apks directly from my Classic and works like a charm. Have you tried following those 3 steps?

All credits to Cobalt for making it possible.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 11:03 AM
    Sorry, that doesnt work either.

I get stuck up there too....cant install the 2nd i have a strong feeling that some leftover .apk files are playing truant.
    04-14-16 11:16 AM
    Derek, Please email the necessary files to me too :
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    Pankaj
    04-14-16 11:37 AM
    Hello Semime,

I tried sideloading the SNAP as adviced. My screen gets stuck up (see attached file). For hours. Nothing happens. It simply says INSTALL SNAP - 2_xxx

I followed the instructions of your link to the T.

Am I going wrong somewhere?

Pankaj Jaju
    Hey Pankaj Jaju,

I'm not sure what's happening with your setup. From the point you're at it would take literally seconds to complete.

Are you on OS 10.3.2.2876? If so,have you applied the runtime update to fix the issue with it not actually deleting apks? It is odd you're having such issues with both Cobalt's method and Snap.

If you're not on 2876 or after you've properly applied the runtime fix:

For Cobalt's GPS: after you've deleted all files, hard reboot your phone (simultaneously press volume up and down tabs until the phone powers off). Give it a few minutes to settle after it restarts. Reinstall the files as directed on the first post of his thread.

For Snap: since you're already set up and ready to go with the Chrome extension method, I'd give the phone a hard reboot, plug it back in and try again. You could also install Sachesci (the link is in the same article I first sent you) and drag the bar file onto the open app but as I said, you've already done the dirty work and are familiar with the chrome extension.

If following the above continues to fail I'd suspect something did not quite come together right during your wipe - that's an awful long time for a security wipe.

Good luck.
    04-14-16 12:30 PM
    Hey Semime,

What is a "runtime fix"? How do I go about it? My phone says that I have the latest OS update downloaded.

Not having Snap or for that matter Google Play on my Classic is bugging me. I wish to put my house in order!

Thanks a lot for your support.

Pankaj
    -img_20160415_074450.png

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 09:15 PM
    Hey Semime,

What is a "runtime fix"? How do I go about it? My phone says that I have the latest OS update downloaded.

Not having Snap or for that matter Google Play on my Classic is bugging me. I wish to put my house in order!

Thanks a lot for your support.

Pankaj

Posted via CB10
    Link to the runtime fix is in this article:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Once completed - restart your phone then give it a few minutes to settle.
    04-14-16 10:18 PM
    When I try to update the BlackBerry Runtime for Android by using the Link, this error message pops up.

-img_20160415_144903.png

Am about to give up.

Thanks a lot!

Pankaj Jaju

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 04:21 AM
    Man, what is going on with BlackBerry lately? It's done that to me before too. The link has to be opened from the BB10 browser and make certain the phone browser is not in desktop mode. Access browser settings (tap 3 dots lower right)... tap developer tools... disable desktop mode. Close, reopen. Now try the link. If it fails, just try periodically - not within seconds of one another but every couple hours or so.
    Last edited by semime; 04-15-16 at 10:40 AM.
    04-15-16 09:41 AM
    04-15-16 10:17 AM
    Or load 2813 and snap to skip any paystore BS. Update in June with the new one. Problem solved. Problem staying solved

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-16-16 07:44 PM