Question for those with an AT&T or Verizon Classic: is the charging back magnetically coupled with the charging pad?

What I mean is, does it use magnets to centre and stick on the pad? One dock that does that is the Nexus 5 with the Nexus charging pad:

https://play.google.com/store/device...reless_charger
    http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-...s-charger-2013

Does the Classic stick to the pad like that? Reason I'm asking is that I want something similar to Palm Touchstone, coming from my Pre 3. The Touchstone dock served double duty as my car holder.
    03-05-15 10:54 AM
    The voltage transfer between dock and device is electromagnetic field coupled; not pulled into place (centered) electromagnetically.

Think of it this way. The charger has a coil that puts out (transmits) a magnetic field . The receiving device needs to be coupled as close to the center of that force to be most efficient at transferring that energy (recieving it) in order to get the most power (current) out of it. Some docks have a dished pad in order to position the device for best alignment, others like you have shown, require the person to ensure the receiving device is centered on the pad.

Does this answer your question?

No more messing with cords and plugs. With the Nexus Wireless Charger, your Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 5, or Nexus 4 simply snaps into place on the magnetic face.
    03-05-15 11:44 AM
    No. I understand how induction works. Not asking how the charging works but rather how does it attach the phone.

I'm asking if the phone sticks to the dock magnetically. Read this article about he older Nexus dock, which uses gecko feet coupling the phone the dock. This is the part I'm asking: how does the Classic stick to the dock, magnets or nothing at all and needs manual centering, because not all phones have the ferromagnetic plates to stick. As far as I know for Qi phones, only the Nexus 5 has the ferro plates together with the Nexus dock has magnets in it.

I hate the Nexus 4 Wireless Charger | Android Central
    03-05-15 11:53 AM
    That I cant help you with, but I doubt its magnetically centered on the dock. I know the SIII isn't.
    03-05-15 12:13 PM
    I think OP is asking if there is any way the charging pad could automatically center the battery over the device providing maximum benefits. I have seen it before where there are 2 magnets used to lock the phone in the proper place.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:19 PM
    That I cant help you with, but I doubt its magnetically centered on the dock. I know the SIII isn't.
    S3 isn't Qi as far as I understand, but Nexus 5 is. And the Nexus 5 seemingly is the only one that sticks to the dock like that.
    03-05-15 02:14 PM
    I think OP is asking if there is any way the charging pad could automatically center the battery over the device providing maximum benefits. I have seen it before where there are 2 magnets used to lock the phone in the proper place.

Posted via CB10
    Precisely I want it to stick, so I can use it as a car dock.
    03-05-15 02:17 PM
    S3 isn't Qi as far as I understand, but Nexus 5 is.
    Samsung makes an accessory dock and back cover for it. Perfect for when your charging port goes belly up.
    03-05-15 02:28 PM