Is the classic not the Q20? I'm really confused here... can someone enlighten me?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 09:29 AM
    Is the classic not the Q20? I'm really confused here... can someone enlighten me?

Posted via CB10
    Classic is the Q20

Sent via CrackBerry
    06-27-14 09:32 AM
    ^^ Thanks! I think the name classic is a bit confusing (well it was for me lol) and felt like it was going to be a simpler device than the Q10.

Anyway I'm loving the design and will hopefully get my hands on one at some point.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 09:35 AM
    Not at all. Is strange but now, I found the 9900 and classic design has been. Before my Q10 I had a 9900, for me it was the best looking device on the planet, but since I have the Q10 when I look at my 9900 I'm saying " damn this device looks so old "
    The classic is the same for me, it's looks boring. For me it is the time to move on from this kind of device, so I can't wait for the Passport.

Posted via my Q10
    06-27-14 09:47 AM
    Maybe I was so gun whole for the passport then after seeing the way the virtual keyboard works not to sure but I know I want a Z30 for sure during the holidays I hope there's a sale

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 02:27 PM
    This would be my first choice, but it really depends on the price. Would love to see this phone priced at 400.00.
    06-28-14 02:18 PM
    Even if it seems to be a good phone, this one isn't for me at all.
    It's too "old school" for me, I don't need trackpad or physical call button.

Posted via my French Q10
    07-01-14 04:56 PM
    if i can't get a q10 then i probably will get a zed10 & wait for the q20.
    08-04-14 07:05 AM
    Even if it seems to be a good phone, this one isn't for me at all.
    It's too "old school" for me, I don't need trackpad or physical call button.

Posted via my French Q10
    I can understand if you simply do not feel a need for the physical buttons and trackpad, but what does "too old school" mean? You mean you care what others think before you buy something? Is a steering wheel in a car too "old school"? How does that have any impact on how efficient or how well something performs? "Newer has to be better" right?

Anyway, again, I know it's personal preference and if you have no preference for the toolbelt, that's 100% your prerogative. I just don't understand the whole "old school" argument since I personally judge everything by merit alone and couldn't care less about perceptions or whatever other superficial aspect...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    DeliFresser likes this.
    08-04-14 02:00 PM
    If it's a replaceable battery, I would at least consider it.

But I have no gripes with my Q10, and my Q10 is already fast enough with good battery life.

So it would be a tough sell for people who already have a Q10, other than the marginally bigger screen.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-04-14 02:53 PM
    I don't know if this info is out yet, but I want to know what BB plans to do in order to convince us (Q10 owners) to buy a BB Classic. I mean, in my person opinion I define the Classic (based on what I know so far, which is few info) as two changes from the Q10, on being a pro and other a con (my opinion). I think that making it bigger is a pro because it comes with making a higher end display and more room for a bigger battery and I think that making it with the old belt is a con because it comes with the old nightmare of answering the phone without noticing and it goes against all they spent years developing which is the BB 10 and what make the device touch friendly.

I don't know how they will make the belt work on BB 10 but I think it must be really tough for engineers making it happen.

Other thing that I want to know is if they will but a touch sensitive keyboard on the Blackberry Classic like they did on the Passport, I didn't find anything about it.
    08-05-14 11:07 AM
    Obviously I have no sources to quote but you have to think about of the classic as a Bold with better specs. This phone is made for us holdouts its not targeted at the the con toolbrlt people.

I agree it will be tough for the engineers but if they want us to switch they better figure it out and open the OS to Shortcutme and Myownhotkeys

The funny thing is my old and outdated phone still beats all these touch based phones, everything is Max 3 clicks away. The classic doesn't need a touch sensitive KB since it has a trackpad
    ViaCassian likes this.
    08-05-14 12:12 PM
    I will wait for a few reviews until I decide if I will give it a try.
    Also, the price is very important. I hope they will make it not too expensive, then I might be in.
    08-28-14 01:14 PM
    With send/end back and BB button count me in..
    08-30-14 04:04 AM
    I will wait for a few reviews until I decide if I will give it a try.
    Also, the price is very important. I hope they will make it not too expensive, then I might be in.
    Me too.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-30-14 06:10 AM
    I'd love a low price as well but when it comes to phones I won't compromise. I would spend $1000+ to get a phone that functions as an extension of me before I'd use a clunky POS for free.

Unless the Passport is amazing, I'll be spending whatever BlackBerry decides to price the Q20 at.
    08-30-14 09:18 AM
    If it has 3gb of RAM - yes.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:24 AM
    The Passport seem to become a real star. I need to have it my hands for a bit but I am doubt I will stick with it because of the weight and size.

So the Classic might be the one where the money goes.
    09-01-14 06:58 PM
    Having moved back thru BB10s life cycle...starting with q10 back to bold 9900 before returning to z10 this summer...I'm struck by how much more I like the bb10 experience using the z10 over the q10. More fluid, keyboard is a breeze to use ( and learning me more all the time) and I get all the speed of the better browser on a bigger screen. All the advantages of the new OS over OS7. BUT have missed the control buttons for phone calls. And while this glass keyboard is fast, I like the tactile feel. Need? No... Like. the tool belt is going to be a plus to me.and finally seeing the pictures and size is swinging back my way for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 09:18 PM
    If the Q20 has removable batteries in addition to the classic BB buttons, then I would buy the Q20 for myself. Otherwise, I'll buy a Q10 upgrade from my Torch 9810.

I just recently bought my parents the Q10 because they wanted a QWERTY physical keyboard. They are looking for the trackpad but it does not have it. So there are learning the swipe thingy to move between pages or applications. I have only played around with the Q10 for a short period and it seems to be a good device. Just needs some getting used to the BB Hub and the new navigation.

I don't know what will my parents say if I buy a Q20 for myself seeing that it has a trackpad
    09-07-14 07:55 PM
    NO!!!!

CB10
    09-07-14 09:11 PM
    I will not be getting one but I do have high hopes that this device provides the needed hardware to bring the loyal BlackBerry users who have not yet crossed over from BBOS onboard with BB10. For some reason, I cannot see this device as being a true Q10 upgrade, but can see some upgrading to the BlackBerry Classic nevertheless – which is a good thing. Here's hoping that the size increase does not deter to many from going to the stores and physically picking one up and giving it a try before making a final decision.
    09-08-14 11:52 PM
    Right now I'm looking at the G.Nexus5 or 6.

However seeing this Classic has got me tempted....

I'd like to know more about 10.3 and Amazon integration and quality of experience with apps like Pinterest and Instagram before deciding.

And as I buy Sim free, need it to be reasonably priced. I.e 300 pounds sterling max.

Posted via Z10, UK based (Good luck Bla1ze as EiC!)
    09-09-14 12:46 AM
    With the development of apps, I would prefer a bigger screen phone. My Q10 is great but since Passport will be available too, that seemed like a better option.

SinSim, posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:06 AM
    My girlfriend is waiting till the q20 comes out to decide, which Q20 or passport she will get, I'm leaning to the Q20. We both have Z10s and mistype regularly, need a keyboard and pad to keep my thumbs off the screen .

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:23 PM
426 ... 1415161718