Yah, because of the touchscreen? Yah man, that is some old school tech since that's been on phones since 1992...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Yeah, trackpad intro'd in 2009. It is the newer technology. Much more precise and much more efficient. Especially for single handed operation. At least until humans evolve 5" long thumbs. Touch might be superior for stone age technophobic "newbies" that prefer to just poke with their fingers but trackpad is much superior for demanding business use by sophisticated users. It's no accident that the trackpad evolved, after the Storm, consistent with BlackBerry's business workhorse image. It's about time RIM stops cowering from their own image!!
    AthenaSmith and bborgimicks like this.
    04-10-14 06:00 PM
    I am so excited about the Q20. Argh. The launch couldn't come fast enough!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:13 PM
    I'll be there on the first day, standing on queue spending ~€600.
    04-14-14 01:12 PM
    I'll be there on the first day, standing on queue spending ~�600.
    I have my tax return in amazon gift card format, waiting for the device launch to buy unlocked since my contract won't be up by that point. :-P

BERRYNOID likes this.
    04-14-14 02:18 PM
    I just saw a post on a "Q30" not "Q20". Are there 2 different possibilities or is it a misprint?
    04-14-14 02:26 PM
    I just saw a post on a "Q30" not "Q20". Are there 2 different possibilities or is it a misprint?
    Two different devices? Besides the Q20 is Classic.
    04-14-14 06:01 PM
    I will have a look at it their is something about the end keys I like it's just a lot easier to use for me anyway

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:31 PM
    Yeah!!! Miss that trackpad

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 07:11 PM
    YES, love the q-10, but gloves and outdoor work do not mix well with all touch!!!!

And as somebody else said, spreadsheets are atrocious on a touch screen.
    04-14-14 08:27 PM
    Most definitely getting the Blackberry Classic when its out!

Q5SQR100-2/10.2.1.2141

Phone History: SonyEricsson T100 > Nokia 3120 > Nokia 3250 > Nokia 6220c > Blackberry Bold 9700> Blackberry Curve 9360 > Blackberry Bold 9900 > Blackberry Z10 > Blackberry Q5> Tablets: Blackberry Playbook 64GB
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-15-14 12:18 PM
    I'll buy only if they have perfected BlackBerry 10. There are just so many little things that I don't like about it. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Q10, which I regret selling my Bold for.
    04-25-14 02:23 AM
    Yah ok buddy. You act like nobody else have owned one. I had a Bold 9000 and a Bold 9900 before I got the Q10. I know I'm not the only one who had to deal with that issue...

Not to discredit your experience, but I owned a Bold 9900 for two years and a Bold 9790 for a shorter period, and I don't remember any spinning clocks. Both phones worked great for me except for the poor battery life. The last time I experienced the spinning clock was on the Bold 9780.
    04-25-14 02:40 AM
    Not to discredit your experience, but I owned a Bold 9900 for two years and a Bold 9790 for a shorter period, and I don't remember any spinning clocks. Both phones worked great for me except for the poor battery life. The last time I experienced the spinning clock was on the Bold 9780.
    I know if you kept it clean of too many apps it'll run well, and I'm not one to load it completely down, but I did have a few apps that would run in the background, like the weather app that shows on my homescreen, and I also kept a lot of text messages. Those things all slow down the phone. But it wasn't so much that I would be ok with it making me wait for over a minute while it "processes" something. I use the Q10 the same way, I also have tons of texts that I don't delete, and I have a whole hell of a lot more apps installed, albeit not a lot of "headless" ones, but it doesn't really need it with how fast everything loads anyway. And there's absolutely no hiccups in anything. It's just such a faster experience. It's like while you watched VHS tapes you thought their quality was pretty good, then you switch to DVD and for a while you're convinced it's not THAT much better. But then try going back to VHS and you'll see...
    04-25-14 12:55 PM
    Yes. First BlackBerry was Q10. Read complaints and what was missing from Bold legacy users so I got a Bold and haven't looked back. The answer, menu, trackpad, back, and end buttons make for much more ease in the way I use the device.
    04-25-14 04:39 PM
    The more I pickup quotes from Chen, the more I feel like the BB Classic will be THE BB phone for me. In one of Chen's interview, he said, they were "..bridging the two worlds" And he wanted to make sure that the new user interface has the "modern technology" (to me that means BB10 or higher) and the old user base like the 9900 be "very comfortable and familiar" (this speaks volumes).

I have the 9930 - which I love. I also have the Q10 - which I love as well. I don't know why, but I do miss the trackpad. Personally, having a phone that brings these two great phones together would be pure bliss.

For those of you who feel that bringing back the toolbelt is a step backwards (of which I disagree), perhaps they will also release the Q30 (no toolbelt) and with a bigger screen.

I see at least three different active "lines" of phone on the horizon:
    - All touch (like the Z30, Z10, future Z50?)
    - Qwerty + touch without the toolbelt (like the Q10, future Q30?)
    - Qwerty + touch with the toolbelt (Q20 BB Classic line, running on an enhanced BB 10 OS)

Well, atleast that's what I'm hoping.
    04-27-14 01:58 AM
    If they make it a amoled none touch HD 3.5" display with a battery thatll last days/weeks...then I'll buy it. The track pad can be used as the swipe up and over when clicked to go to the hub(click and move thumb in direction at same time/release and use touchpad to browse phone), very simple solution for a non touch BB10 platform..price it as unlocked only 4g LTE all bands, at $450...they'll sell like hotcakes

Posted via CrackBerry App
    JagsBerry likes this.
    04-27-14 10:13 AM
    I can't wait for the Q20!!!!

I only need 3 things.....BB10, keyboard, and a tool belt! Everything else will be icing on the cake!

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    04-27-14 10:55 AM
    Nah. Full touch for me. Whatever comes after the Z30. The BlackBerry virtual keyboard is so good I do not feel I have to have the physical buttons any more.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    I wish I could believe that, because I love the screen size of the Z30. But the virtual keyboard of iPhone 4s destroyed all desire to even tryout another virtual keyboard - what a horrific experience
    04-27-14 12:11 PM
    I'll buy only if they have perfected BlackBerry 10. There are just so many little things that I don't like about it. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Q10, which I regret selling my Bold for.
    I am in the exact same boat. Though, I didn't sell my 9900. The track pad went sour, the device was pretty beat up and I was due for a contract renewal with my carrier. I picked a $0 Q10 over $99 9900 of which I regret every day.

BlackBerry's new products, in my mind, aren't worth it. I bought a PlayBrick on release and it was the worst device I've ever used. PBOS1 was so buggy you literally couldn't use the browser for more than 2 min at a time, units were rife with dead pixels, etc., then I stupidly purchased a second one based on the BB10 future. Those were costly mistakes and I made based on lies from BlackBerry; like displaying Skype in PB ads. Right or wrong, I feel like if they want my 10 years of using a BlackBerry to continue, they should pony up some decent devices at a decent price. I've spent more than what is reasonable on half baked, prerelease quality devices from BlackBerry than I'm comfortable to admit to. My account with my carrier can vouch for my long standing with BlackBerry products. At this point, BlackBerry holds such little market share in NA, it would be prudent of them to try to keep their loyal users by offering heavily discounted items. Unless my friends want a device with a keyboard, I'd never recommend they get a BlackBerry that costs more than $0 based on my experiences in the past 4 or so years.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 02:12 AM
    Nope, started with Z10 dev then switched to Q10 and now I will stay with Z30.
    Reason: the screen is just too small for me. If the phone's only purpose would be emailing and txting, it would be fine...

Preisente Preisvergleich -BBworld-> https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=6h24XmT3
    04-28-14 02:28 AM
    NO, I don't want or need the trackpad anymore. I f they bring the Q10 with the same screen size ( wait... without the trackpad and those answer and hang up keys the screen will be even bigger) as the Q20 then the answer is a resounding yes.
    04-28-14 05:19 AM
    I probably will. I've had a great experience with the Q10 so far. I'm gonna wait and see what it looks like first. It sounds like to me at least it'll ship with 10.3 considering the release date for both is end of year. So if the phone is higher speced, looks good, and 10.3 is good then I'll probably pick it up. Especially if the Q30 looks anything like all these mock ups and leaks. I'd want to stay away from that.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 08:07 AM
    I am in the exact same boat. Though, I didn't sell my 9900. The track pad went sour, the device was pretty beat up and I was due for a contract renewal with my carrier. I picked a $0 Q10 over $99 9900 of which I regret every day.

BlackBerry's new products, in my mind, aren't worth it. I bought a PlayBrick on release and it was the worst device I've ever used. PBOS1 was so buggy you literally couldn't use the browser for more than 2 min at a time, units were rife with dead pixels, etc., then I stupidly purchased a second one based on the BB10 future. Those were costly mistakes and I made based on lies from BlackBerry; like displaying Skype in PB ads. Right or wrong, I feel like if they want my 10 years of using a BlackBerry to continue, they should pony up some decent devices at a decent price. I've spent more than what is reasonable on half baked, prerelease quality devices from BlackBerry than I'm comfortable to admit to. My account with my carrier can vouch for my long standing with BlackBerry products. At this point, BlackBerry holds such little market share in NA, it would be prudent of them to try to keep their loyal users by offering heavily discounted items. Unless my friends want a device with a keyboard, I'd never recommend they get a BlackBerry that costs more than $0 based on my experiences in the past 4 or so years.

Posted via CB10
    So you're complaining about quality, and demanding a lower cost phone? Ever heard of the saying "you get what you pay for"?

04-28-14 09:10 AM
    So you're complaining about quality, and demanding a lower cost phone? Ever heard of the saying "you get what you pay for"?

You can say that again! $699.00 (now $399.00)phone and the keyboards don't work.
    04-28-14 09:33 AM
    You can say that again! $699.00 (now $399.00)phone and the keyboards don't work.
    I've had 3 Q10's, sold 2, all 3 had keyboards that worked fine, so I don't know...

04-28-14 11:18 AM
426 ... 910111213 ...