I don't have the double-typing issue either. I've only had the phone a little over a month, so maybe time will tell. Hope it never becomes an issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:52 PM
    I would have undoubtedly tried a Q20 if Chen had not announced a new production run of the 9900.

Now I will just replace my old Bold with a brand new one.

No new OS to learn, no apps to replace, just business as usual !!!
    cgallaer likes this.
    04-06-14 06:27 AM
    I would have undoubtedly tried a Q20 if Chen had not announced a new production run of the 9900.

Now I will just replace my old Bold with a brand new one.

No new OS to learn, no apps to replace, just business as usual !!!
    No need to learn new things like not having to wait for a spinning clock logo for 5 minutes for no apparent reason at random times, or waiting 2 minutes for webpages to load, or having a nicer and larger screen to read and see everything on. Yep, you are definitely saving yourself so much trouble...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-06-14 08:53 AM
    Trackpad is more efficient and precise than "gestures". I've tried to love the Z and Q for over a year. Just dusted off and re-activated my old 9930 and my productivity is finally back to pre-Z levels. No comparison. I can FULLY operate my old 9930 with ONE thumb on ONE hand all day long. How do one handed people work iPhone?? The Z is still a poor "me too" excuse for an iPhone. EVERYone in my office, 26 of us, have been full circle on touch and unanimously agree that, for business, the trackpad is BETTER!! Most of us view trackpad as essential. The 3 most productive persons out of our office have reverted back to the old non-touch 9650!! EVERYthing new is NOT necessarily "progress"!!

A few observations on the Q20. The 9930 rests securely between the last digit of my first finger, at top, and the last digit of my little finger, at bottom. Fingers two and three cradle the far edge and i have FULL access to all functions of the devices with just one thumb and occasional intervention with middle and third finger of the same hand for "volume up/down" and accessory key. In other words, the 9930 is just right for single handed operation. I can see where the Q20's overall height might be an excessive stretch for my first finger... ???

Also, the 9930's curved keyboard places edge keys within the working articulation radius of my thumb. Not a BIG deal, but one of my complaints with the Q10 was the step backward ergonomics of the "straight" keyboard.

Will there be a "check box" provision to turn the touch screen off when not needed? We've lost customers due to touchscreen "buttdials" and other non-sense. Those experiences are precisely why the "three stooges", as they're affectionately referred to in our office, are using Hybrid OS 9650s. NEVER a buttdial from them. NEVER a type-o. Those "three stooges" amount to over half of our productivity. Watching them perform has tempted several of us to try their approach but a simple check box to turn off the touch digitizer would take a lot of stress out of life. For us, anyway.

Finally, will the Q10 have charging contacts? All of us, out of my office, view charging contacts as essential for simple desk and car cradle charging. Once again, we're running a business. ANY distraction from productivity, such as using both hands to plug in a silly phone, might just be the distraction that looses a customer and costs LOTS of money.

Our hesitance to abandon our trackpad devices has NOthing to do with resistance to change. It has EVERYthing to do with what is simply better. Trackpads are better. RIM abandoned a great innovation trying to build a better iPhone and left their original market base out in the cold. The 19 year old touch screen crowd has nearly wrecked RIM. SOME of us have work to do. It's well past time that RIM finally gets back to business.
    04-06-14 09:10 AM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 09:30 AM
    I really miss the trackpad. I will definitely go for a Q20 as soon as it is launched.
    04-06-14 09:50 AM
    I know blackberry will come up with a better specs and design over the Q10. I would buy one as soon I get my hands on it.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    04-06-14 12:30 PM
    Trackpad is more efficient and precise than "gestures". I've tried to love the Z and Q for over a year. Just dusted off and re-activated my old 9930 and my productivity is finally back to pre-Z levels. No comparison. I can FULLY operate my old 9930 with ONE thumb on ONE hand all day long. How do one handed people work iPhone?? The Z is still a poor "me too" excuse for an iPhone. EVERYone in my office, 26 of us, have been full circle on touch and unanimously agree that, for business, the trackpad is BETTER!! Most of us view trackpad as essential. The 3 most productive persons out of our office have reverted back to the old non-touch 9650!! EVERYthing new is NOT necessarily "progress"!!

A few observations on the Q20. The 9930 rests securely between the last digit of my first finger, at top, and the last digit of my little finger, at bottom. Fingers two and three cradle the far edge and i have FULL access to all functions of the devices with just one thumb and occasional intervention with middle and third finger of the same hand for "volume up/down" and accessory key. In other words, the 9930 is just right for single handed operation. I can see where the Q20's overall height might be an excessive stretch for my first finger... ???

Also, the 9930's curved keyboard places edge keys within the working articulation radius of my thumb. Not a BIG deal, but one of my complaints with the Q10 was the step backward ergonomics of the "straight" keyboard.

Will there be a "check box" provision to turn the touch screen off when not needed? We've lost customers due to touchscreen "buttdials" and other non-sense. Those experiences are precisely why the "three stooges", as they're affectionately referred to in our office, are using Hybrid OS 9650s. NEVER a buttdial from them. NEVER a type-o. Those "three stooges" amount to over half of our productivity. Watching them perform has tempted several of us to try their approach but a simple check box to turn off the touch digitizer would take a lot of stress out of life. For us, anyway.

Finally, will the Q10 have charging contacts? All of us, out of my office, view charging contacts as essential for simple desk and car cradle charging. Once again, we're running a business. ANY distraction from productivity, such as using both hands to plug in a silly phone, might just be the distraction that looses a customer and costs LOTS of money.

Our hesitance to abandon our trackpad devices has NOthing to do with resistance to change. It has EVERYthing to do with what is simply better. Trackpads are better. RIM abandoned a great innovation trying to build a better iPhone and left their original market base out in the cold. The 19 year old touch screen crowd has nearly wrecked RIM. SOME of us have work to do. It's well past time that RIM finally gets back to business.
    Many good points.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-06-14 02:32 PM
    BTW-I also ordered a 3-pack of the non glare screen protectors for $5. Love them.

Here is what it looks like today.

Attachment 260097

Posted via CB10
    I'm Sooooo loving what you have done with that Q10. I would so get a "special edition" Q10 if it looked like that, and if the Q20 is anything like yours, or the concept shown.... then that is my next device.

Loving your phone again mate. Can you post links or site info of where you bought the parts as I'm also interested in modding my Q10.

Cheers.

Bringing sexy back on my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2947
    04-06-14 02:46 PM
    Thanks man!

I bought all the stuff off of Amazon. I was going to go with the rose gold, but wanted to match the frets and back bar (also stainless looking).
    04-07-14 02:32 AM
    No need to learn new things like not having to wait for a spinning clock logo for 5 minutes for no apparent reason at random times, or waiting 2 minutes for webpages to load, or having a nicer and larger screen to read and see everything on. Yep, you are definitely saving yourself so much trouble...

What spinning clock ? Can't recall having one for months.

On the rare occasions I use the browser it load fine.

Both of the above courtesy of the BL Ultimate Hybrid OS's

As a business device for e.mail, calls and texting the 9900 ticks all the boxes for me with the added bonus of BIS.

If you browse all day long, play games and have a zillion apps then fine, BB10 is for you. I don't so it's not for me.

If the 9900 didn't work for me why would I still have it after two and a half years ?

Latest isn't always greatest. Even CB concedes that the 9900 is still the best communications device out there !!!

http://crackberry.com/best-blackberry-you-can-buy
    04-07-14 09:11 AM
    HELL YES!

And this will be off contact, full price. So likely $600 CDN.
    04-07-14 09:19 AM
    What spinning clock ? Can't recall having one for months.

On the rare occasions I use the browser it load fine.

Both of the above courtesy of the BL Ultimate Hybrid OS's

As a business device for e.mail, calls and texting the 9900 ticks all the boxes for me with the added bonus of BIS.

If you browse all day long, play games and have a zillion apps then fine, BB10 is for you. I don't so it's not for me.

If the 9900 didn't work for me why would I still have it after two and a half years ?

Latest isn't always greatest. Even CB concedes that the 9900 is still the best communications device out there !!!

http://crackberry.com/best-blackberry-you-can-buy
    Yah ok buddy. You act like nobody else have owned one. I had a Bold 9000 and a Bold 9900 before I got the Q10. I know I'm not the only one who had to deal with that issue...

04-07-14 10:16 AM
    I'll definitely buy a Q20 when it launches, but I'm also thinking of getting another Bold 9900 as a work phone. My first Bold 9900's keys were starting to conk out so I upgraded to a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:37 AM
    ... sure the OS is pretty slick but in the end its all bout the apps. OS is good for nothing without it ...
    It's not about the aps for me. I'm on a 9650, and I have no apps other than BBM, Google Talk, Yahoo Instant Messenger, and Social feeds. My BlackBerry 6 os suits me just fine. The things that appeal to me on BB10 are: LTE, BBM video calling, Skype, a better browser, and remote access of my computer's files.
    04-07-14 12:09 PM
    The Crackberry.com people need to offer us the option of dropping out of a thread, and stop receiving notifications of it, by choice ...
    You can opt out of notifications to individual topics. Just go to "Subscriptions" and you can tweak them from there (delete, control panel only, email notification, etc.).
    04-07-14 12:12 PM

Awesome post. I'm pretty productive on my 9650. I was tempted by the 9930 for a while after it came out. The things that appealed to me were the slightly larger size/keyboard and the ability to lock the trays, but I always thought there should be a check-the-box option to lock out the touch screen. Reported shorter battery life and the intital bricking issue (supposedly resolved) kept me from going to a 9930 from my handy 9650. Still, I see 9900/9930's out there in the hands of productive people and I recognize them as awesome phones.

BB10 (Q10/Q20/Q30) appeals to me today in some of the same ways the 9930 did, and I've held back for similar reasons. LTE, video calling, Skype, a faster browser, and remote access of my computer files are what will ultimately draw me to BB10. Reported Active Sync issues versus the reliable BIS experience I'm accustomed to keep me on my 9650. I probably could get used to the beltless BB10 Q10 experience -- I'm sure that I'm adept enough to get it down in no time -- but because of this email drawback I'll take my time and wait to see what BlackBerry delivers on the Q20 and Q30. Still, I'm tempted every day to get a Q10 for the reasons already stated.
    04-07-14 12:33 PM
    Sure I am getting one next year my contract is up and will get one for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    04-09-14 12:04 PM
    Sure I am getting one next year my contract is up and will get one for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Welcome back to qwerty! And yes its better than you remembered.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-09-14 02:45 PM
    Thinking about it...adding on the extra buttons is a waste of money. Chen keeps talking about maximizing cashflow and coming out with cheaper (hardware wise) phones like the z3, but coming out with the q20 contradicts that.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 02:49 PM
    Thinking about it...adding on the extra buttons is a waste of money. Chen keeps talking about maximizing cashflow and coming out with cheaper (hardware wise) phones like the z3, but coming out with the q20 contradicts that.

Posted via CB10
    You should go tell him. Obviously you know better than that guy...

04-09-14 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    How has RIM's cash flow been since getting rid of the buttons?
    Tatwi and bborgimicks like this.
    04-09-14 05:29 PM
    Yes!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 06:25 PM
    Not a chance. Maybe if it was 2007.
    04-10-14 12:39 PM
    Not a chance. Maybe if it was 2007.
    Yah, because of the touchscreen? Yah man, that is some old school tech since that's been on phones since 1992...

04-10-14 01:08 PM
426 ... 89101112 ...