04-04-15 06:19 PM
161 12345 ...
tools
    The ONLY thing that matters is performance. if a 1.5GHz processor makes it operate smoothly and with pace, then I say hang the 1.7GHz processor. I couldn't give a rat's azz about specs.

I also don't give a rat's azz about what other people think of my choice of mobile platforms.
    11-22-14 06:30 PM
    BlackBerry will not make classic with same spec like q10. 99% will be 1.7 procesor or higher,2gb ram and it will have better mother board and gpu. Remember this for next month, I know spec will be better and phone itself will overall be better than Q and will buy classic, my only concern is don't like back door it's look cheap and that ?window? around camera is so... ****y

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:26 PM
    ITT: People that don't grasp the concept of future proofing.
    11-22-14 07:31 PM
    Not at that price

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-22-14 07:37 PM
    Cherry-pick much?

Passport prices back on pre-order were higher than $500. Right now the white passport is pre-ordering at $700.

Come back with two buckets of apples and no buckets of oranges.
    No need to cherry pick. The Passport is only $50 more as the high end phone than the classic is.

All that says is that it may be wise to wait a few months.
    If they can sell the Passport at $499 and make a profit, then the Classic is likely overpriced, but since it is a unique device they can probably get away with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:56 PM
    If anyone wants a Classic BlackBerry, I still have a 9810 sitting in my drawer, with a clock speed much less than 1.5 GHz... I will even match the price of Classic.

I mean, specs doesn't matter... Pre-order opens NOW!
    11-22-14 08:52 PM
    Are any of you whiners aware that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has 2GB of RAM? The same amount as what's being suggested for the Classic?

Nobody (with a brain) thinks "specs don't matter". The point is that the product performs as intended with hardware / software working together to provide the intended experience.

The rest is just noise and buffoonery.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-22-14 09:23 PM
    Actually with the predicted specs, the classic would be running for more. Longer battery life and stuffs.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:23 PM
    The internal specs don't matter to me nearly as much as real-world performance. If it's as good as or better than a Q10, that's fine with me.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my Q10
    rambo47 and Bluenoser63 like this.
    11-22-14 09:37 PM
    Andriod is a big deal here. My z10 flies with 10.3 and native apps. Andriod is ok but that is where I could use more power

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:51 PM
    1.5Ghz for a phone released end of 2014 start of 2015... is shocking.

classic should of been Quad 1.7 while Passport Octo

still dual core phones in this day n age jesus....
    why? the highest selling device out there has 2 cores and 1gb ram and benchmark tests show that it beats all other phones out there including those with octo cores and 3 gb ram...all you need is hardware that works seamlessly with the software
    knownastron likes this.
    11-22-14 09:55 PM
    Offy you couldn't have said it better.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-22-14 11:12 PM
    Thanks for not only avoiding my question about "the future" but also answering a question I didn't' ask.

Was that sentence purely for dramatic effect?

Ah, yes. Generic references. The best friend of someone with not a single example to illustrate their point. I'm still waiting to hear about this new app that can't run on the q10/Classic....or better yet....an Iphone, because the chips inside weren't made last week.

Great. Because I live in the present. How can I possibly fault a phone for not being able to run some mystery....yet-to-be-invented feature????? Again, you have not one single example.

You could say that for ANY PHONE running ANY OS with ANY SPECS. What is your POINT????? If something comes out in two years that I want.....then it two years.......I will BUY IT.

Hopes of what? You keep writing but never make any point.
    If I can give you an example of something that can be developed in the future, then, um, wouldn't you rather me tell you the winning lottery numbers for next week? Just saying, that information would be more useful for you, maybe...

Like did you seriously just ask me to give you an example of something in the future?? LOL

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-22-14 11:14 PM
    Still, pointless sentences. Sometimes people make a machine based on their budget and what they want it to do. No matter what you build....it will eventually be outdated.
    Obviously it'll be outdated, but if you build it with the possibility of it being outdated next month versus in 5 years, then I wouldn't be asking you for investment advice that's for sure...

Evindzer and Christoph7K like this.
    11-22-14 11:16 PM
    The ONLY thing that matters is performance. if a 1.5GHz processor makes it operate smoothly and with pace, then I say hang the 1.7GHz processor. I couldn't give a rat's azz about specs.

I also don't give a rat's azz about what other people think of my choice of mobile platforms.
    Technically speaking, if you never add new features to the OS and what the phone is capable of, 1.5GHz would always be enough. It'll be enough to run that 100 years from now if you want to limit yourself that way.

Christoph7K likes this.
    11-22-14 11:19 PM
    Doesn't really matter, just as long as the OS is smooth and gets things done. Right now I'm happy with my Z10 but I'm really looking at the classic so that I could experience the pkb.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:38 AM
    yes i will buy one to see if it can replace the 9900, making calls/texts/ E mails and a long battery life plus a keyboard that is as nice to use as 9900 are the vital features required, i have no interest what's inside the Classic if it gets the job done and is reliable.
    11-23-14 02:14 AM
    I have a BlackBerry passport but I'm 24/7 running in battery saving modes.
    So based on benchmarks I did the speed is between z10 and z30 and it runs fine.

And that's a high end device, the classic is not.

Verzonden vanaf mijn BlackBerry Passport.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-23-14 02:23 AM
    I have already ordered one (pre-order) from UnlockedMobiles.com in the UK. From all the phones I currently own (Z10, Q10, Z30, Nexus 5), the Q10 is my favorite, followed by the Z30 and the Z10. I am not interested in the Passport because of its size and the non-standard keyboard (although I like its touch capabilities). For what I do, a PK device like the Q10 with a little larger screen would be perfect (the toolbelt will just be a bonus!). So, I will be very happy with the Classic even if it gets the Q10 specs.
    11-23-14 04:52 AM
    Technically speaking, if you never add new features to the OS and what the phone is capable of, 1.5GHz would always be enough. It'll be enough to run that 100 years from now if you want to limit yourself that way.

And now......the backpeddle.

Yes, "technically speaking" the 1.5 would always be enough for what it does now. Just like's it was enough when they built a q10 2 years ago or for people opening their first q10 today.

It's practical to build for NOW and not add extra battery consumption and size and weight and cost for something that, as you just said earlier, is only a possibility at some unknown time in the future.
    11-23-14 08:12 AM
    Nope! The next BB that I buy has to be all touch screen, have a great camera and water proof. Or else be a great tablet.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-23-14 08:59 AM
    I would buy it if it's snappy, fast, smooth, not if it's 1.5ghz or 3000ghz. It could have a processor made of bird poo with diarrhea, as long as it is fast and doesn't lag, I'm up for it...

Iphone 6 is probably the smoothest and quickest smartphone (doesn't mean that it's the best phone) on the market, has 1.4ghz...
    11-23-14 09:39 AM
    I just don't get why BB would not just put a better processor even if the phone does not need it. That's what people want so why not just give it to them. It's all about perception and how much more can it cost anyways.
    This is a business phone, it's built for clever people, not for the people that you're referring to... Clever people will enjoy the incresed battery life by not having useless high specs like crazy processors and high ppi screens
    11-23-14 09:44 AM
    that's how blackberry failed so abysmally before. Launching phones with specs years out of date and marching out the line 'it doesn't need higher specs to run'. As I noted before, fair price for a fair phone. If you want to launch a phone with specs at minimum 2 years out of date, then please have the decency to set a price accordingly. the launch price of the classic can get far more phone for your money if you look elsewhere. You will have your phone for 24 months possibly with the length of carrier contracts these days, which means it will be 4 years out of date at the end of its lifespan. Frankly I found the lag on a q10 abominable. A phone that isn't even fast on day 1 isn't going to get any faster thats for sure, optimisation is a promise I don't tend to believe in based on some of the lines BlackBerry have fed me over the years. i believe in what is in my hands on that day. Which in this case is a barely fast enough phone. I'd say it needs to be cheaper or needs higher specs. Unless you want history to repeat itself and for the whole BlackBerry revival to go South.
    Another one of these threads? When will you get it that BB10 does not need killer specs for it to run efficiently, also if the specs were higher then the price would be higher and people would just get a Passport instead and yes I'll be getting a classic regardless of the specs because what I want is the physical keyboard and the answer/end keys.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-23-14 10:24 AM
    sounds like a self protecting arguement to me. Your not clever if you can't appreciate the design decisions? Well guess I'm not clever then. Because I want a phone that not only doesn't lag today, I dont' want it to lag tomorrow. But that's just me
    This is a business phone, it's built for clever people, not for the people that you're referring to... Clever people will enjoy the incresed battery life by not having useless high specs like crazy processors and high ppi screens
    11-23-14 10:26 AM
161 12345 ...