01-09-15 08:36 AM
62 123
tools
    I noticed that there were 2 CDMA variants posted in a separate thread. One with and one without a camera, which is stereotypical of VZW. For what it's worth.
    This was the one with the camera (-3) that passed through the FCC. I checked for the other one, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it hadn't been revealed by then, or maybe the difference isn't significant enough to warrant a new set of test docs, or maybe I was entering the wrong FCC ID to check with.
    12-08-14 07:11 PM
    Ahhhh, I was hoping for an announcement today. Don't they usually announce new devices on a Thursday? I know they haven't said anything, so was just being hopeful.
    12-11-14 08:16 PM
    Ahhhh, I was hoping for an announcement today. Don't they usually announce new devices on a Thursday? I know they haven't said anything, so was just being hopeful.
    IMHO we won't have any info until launch day on the 17th. Even then I can see carrier announcements but no firm dates.
    12-11-14 11:38 PM
    IMHO we won't have any info until launch day on the 17th. Even then I can see carrier announcements but no firm dates.
    I thought the 17th was supposed to be the actual release of the device for sale.
    12-12-14 06:34 AM
    This is what I've Ben saying for a while. You will hear verizon Feb for example. Look at the passport. Announced on att and not a peep since. Us carriers are hard. They don't want to mess.with their own high profile release schedules. Especially before holidays.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:10 AM
    what a lovely open, honest and unbiased community.

NOT.

LMAO i just got banned for airing my views on my disgust over BlackBerry tactics on launching their BlackBerry Classic and i got a lifetime ban for it lol.

Nice to see we can have totally unbiased and open discussions here about our devices. NOT.

Some people seem to conveniently forget what just happened not more than a few months ago with the Passport release. We knew all the specs and features of the phone well before release. Yet we know so little about the BlackBerry Classis. There are numerous debates about what processor is in the device, is it the same as a Q10? some say its the same as the Z30? some say its older than 2year tech, etc. We dont even know the size of the battery, we dont even know if the trackpad lights up lmao. Not one single final model review/preview LMAO. Yet this was NOT the case with the Passport or any other Blackberry device lol.

Yet when someone confronts these issues; i get the same responses from all the BlackBerry lovers "lol hurr durr you spec *****", "lol no one cares about specs, go buy a samsung", "people shouyld not need to know what they are buying WE LOVE BLACKBERRY THEY CANT DO ANYTHING WRONG (as i type from my double typing Q10 lmao)".

Its not about being a spec *****, its about a principle, we know very little about this device in comparison to any other pre release BlackBerry or any other smartphone release. Yet here we are, and you guys are accepting it. Because, god forbid, BlackBerry can ever do anything wrong

inb4 perma ban. lol. what an open unbiased community we have here, lovely.

PS. Bla1ze is a faggit. lol "oh yeah bro 420 blaze it bro im so cool i smoke pot" what a faggit.
    First I'm glad you were banned.

2, the truth is 2 year old specs is still fine for many of us on a small screen keyboarded phone. If you buy products on "principal" you are stupid. I only care about how the product changes my life in practical terms. For the classic it's the build, the toolbelt and the keyboard. I don't buy products to brag about how many cores I have.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:55 AM
    I'm not sure when BB added this note to the pre-order link, but it states "This version of BlackBerry Classic will not work on Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular. US Carrier specific devices will be available at a later date."

The bolded wasn't present when I originally thought about pre-ordering.
    12-12-14 10:04 PM
    I'm not sure when BB added this note to the pre-order link, but it states "This version of BlackBerry Classic will not work on Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular. US Carrier specific devices will be available at a later date."

The bolded wasn't present when I originally thought about pre-ordering.
    Yeah, that statement could be misleading and go either way. Meaning if it launches on US carries the 17th, that would still be "later" than pre-ordering 2 weeks. Are they referring to order or actually having phones in hands.

I think it's just a tactic to get as many pre-orders as possible. We shall see.
    12-13-14 11:44 AM
    Yeah, that statement could be misleading and go either way. Meaning if it launches on US carries the 17th, that would still be "later" than pre-ordering 2 weeks. Are they referring to order or actually having phones in hands.

I think it's just a tactic to get as many pre-orders as possible. We shall see.
    Yeah, that's quite an interesting statement. Why is ShopBB pointing out carrier-specific devices' availability? Are they going to be selling them as well? They haven't really done that, in the sense that you can't buy branded or CDMA phones through them. Or is it just a heads-up that be on the lookout for announcements (from BB) about carrier-sold phones' availability?

I'm not sure it helps them get more pre-orders though. If people now know that there are going to be carriers on board, wouldn't most rather wait so that they can use their upgrades/get the phone subsidized, etc?
    ponpiri and thedose like this.
    12-13-14 12:45 PM
    To anyone following this thread who happened to miss the announcement, Verizon will be carrying the Classic!

Now to see when exactly it'll be released, since all that was mentioned was "early 2015".
    12-17-14 05:44 PM
    Just spoke to a Verizon rep. They WILL carry the Classic. Couldn't give me an ETA but did say it would be early in 2015.
    01-08-15 09:35 PM
    It's good to know that Verizon's reps also know now, following Verizon's official announcement.
    01-09-15 08:36 AM
62 123