01-09-15 08:36 AM
62 123
tools
    I'm expecting the "feature" to be built in Qi charging.
    The Verizon one? Yeah. The AT&T one? No. End result: customer gets shafted, if they expect the wireless charging to work with the opposite charging system.

I wonder if it's a way to hold on to customers, like band configurations are.
    11-18-14 06:36 PM
    Yes, sure did. That's why there must be something "Exclusive" to the Verizon variant. I'm sure it's nothing special. Probably a color variation, etc. it's all just branding and marketing.
    When someone says "exclusive" they mean a carrier offered and branded device. So if the unlocked gsm version that is available for pre-order on shop blackberry already works on ATT, then what is the second gsm variant that just passed into the fcc? Another unlocked gsm version?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:49 PM
    The Verizon one? Yeah. The AT&T one? No. End result: customer gets shafted, if they expect the wireless charging to work with the opposite charging system.

I wonder if it's a way to hold on to customers, like band configurations are.
    This is the wireless charging text from the SQC100-x user manual:

This smartphone is Qi and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) certified for use with wireless chargers. Use only third-party wireless charging systems that meet Qi or PMA certification requirements and have the Qi or PMA certification mark. Use of any other wireless charging accessory might present a risk of fire, explosion, battery leakage, or other hazard, which could cause serious harm, death, or property loss, and might invalidate any warranty.

For a complete list of wireless chargers that are Qi certified, go to Products - Wireless Power Consortium.

Do not place other objects on the wireless charging surface because such objects may become hot and present a risk of fire.
    11-18-14 06:50 PM
    This is the wireless charging text from the SQC100-x user manual:
    Thanks. I read that as a general heads-up about wireless charging, as in "some of the models may be wireless charging capable and adhere to one of these two solutions." There aren't any single models of a phone that do both, are there?
    jsiever likes this.
    11-18-14 06:58 PM
    So if the unlocked gsm version that is available for pre-order on shop blackberry already works on ATT, then what is the second gsm variant that just passed into the fcc? Another unlocked gsm version?
    That's the general North American version. It's got the UMTS 1700 band that's used by TMO, Wind, etc and interestingly enough, an LTE band each that's exclusive to Verizon and Sprint.
    11-18-14 07:01 PM
    I have to agree with most about VZN should carry the Classic, and only time will tell. I made the switch to the iPhone from BB (I had a Bold) awhile back but I do not like the style that the iPhones are going. BB has remained some what the same. I liked the style of the Blackberrys (keyboard), so yes I am with the rest when it has been stated about Verizon. When I heard about the Classic, it was a let down since it will only be in GSM and not CDMA, although time will tell.
    11-19-14 08:10 PM
    The United States public consumers will get no love from Blackberry, unless you work for the President and Government agencies.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    11-20-14 04:17 PM
    I have to agree with most about VZN should carry the Classic, and only time will tell. I made the switch to the iPhone from BB (I had a Bold) awhile back but I do not like the style that the iPhones are going. BB has remained some what the same. I liked the style of the Blackberrys (keyboard), so yes I am with the rest when it has been stated about Verizon. When I heard about the Classic, it was a let down since it will only be in GSM and not CDMA, although time will tell.
    I agree on you on this. My company recently upgraded us from iphone 5s to iphone 6. To be honest I still like to use my Q10 and bold 9900 over this new phone. The iphone 6 screen is big enough. But I still find myself mistype occasionally, unlike BlackBerry phones, you hit the right spot right away. Plus the prediction words on iphone 6 is not as productive and accurate as my Q10 .

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    11-20-14 04:22 PM
    I can only hope Verizon will carry it. I'm grandfathered into an unlimited data plan, but I've been waiting on the Classic forever.
    11-20-14 06:36 PM
    When someone says "exclusive" they mean a carrier offered and branded device. So if the unlocked gsm version that is available for pre-order on shop blackberry already works on ATT, then what is the second gsm variant that just passed into the fcc? Another unlocked gsm version?

Posted via CB10
    The first one is a GSM for North America which does work for AT&T. The second one is specific to AT&T and will have wireless charging and AT&T specific stuff. Likewise, there are 2 VZW variants, one with and one without a camera. The one without the camera will do well in the corporate sector I imagine.
    raino likes this.
    11-28-14 11:29 PM
    Waiting until the 17th, crossing my fingers for big news!
    12-04-14 08:53 AM
    I noticed that on BlackBerry's official pre-order site, they mention:

The BlackBerry Classic will be available for both GSM and CDMA networks. Additional information will be shared on December 17th at the BlackBerry Classic launch‎.
    12-04-14 12:24 PM
    That is how verizon got my biz. They were the only ones offering the white q10.
    Boy, did i pay with ****ty service and reception for that white q10. I left verizon the second i could.
    12-04-14 09:59 PM
    You will lose the unlimited data plan going from a 3G to 4G phone even IF you bring your own device. Just went through this with them.
    12-07-14 12:43 AM
    I noticed that on BlackBerry's official pre-order site, they mention:

The BlackBerry Classic will be available for both GSM and CDMA networks. Additional information will be shared on December 17th at the BlackBerry Classic launch‎.
    A CDMA variant of the Classic has passed through the FCC: the SQC100-3.
    12-07-14 12:48 AM
    A CDMA variant of the Classic has passed through the FCC: the SQC100-3.
    I noticed that there were 2 CDMA variants posted in a separate thread. One with and one without a camera, which is stereotypical of VZW. For what it's worth.
    12-07-14 10:57 AM
    I think that Verizon will carry this because I assume they have the largest amount of corporate / government users since they are the largest carrier and I also assume the Classic will be a hit there because it modernized the classic BlackBerry style that so many in that sector still love.

Hopefully one of the CDMA variants can make its way to Sprint..

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 11:37 AM
    I really hope it's out on the 17th on vzw. I'm so bored with my Q10 - going on 14 months, the longest I've ever owned a single smartphone by at least 6 months. Works great, love the keyboard. Just super bored and I've already tried a galaxy S5 and Droid turbo over the past couple of months and returned them both. I fear if the 17th comes and goes with no news from vzw, I'm going to try the Nexus 6 or Moto X.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    12-07-14 09:25 PM
    You will lose the unlimited data plan going from a 3G to 4G phone even IF you bring your own device. Just went through this with them.
    Is that true? If so that is so underhanded.
    12-07-14 10:41 PM
    Is that true? If so that is so underhanded.
    I believe so. There is no unlimited 4g plan

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:12 AM
    I believe so. There is no unlimited 4g plan

Posted via CB10
    Oh, not sure that is how that works but could be wrong.
    12-08-14 07:16 AM
    Couldn't be true. How is it so many users still have unlimited plans and are using 4g phones?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    12-08-14 07:53 AM
    CDMA is so Old School. GSM is the international standard and a much larger market. Only the few N American markets still use CDMA. The real reason it will be a while before Verizon get the new BB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-08-14 12:25 PM
    CDMA is so Old School. GSM is the international standard and a much larger market. Only the few N American markets still use CDMA. The real reason it will be a while before Verizon get the new BB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    GSM is as old school as CDMA. LTE is going to be the worldwide standard, replacing all GSM and CDMA networks eventually. VoLTE will be next, of which ATT and Verizon have already started lighting up in the US.

And the CDMA/LTE versions of the Classic for Sprint and Verizon have already passed through FCC approvals, same as the GSM/LTE versions for Tmo and ATT.
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-08-14 12:38 PM
    This isn't true, I have three unlimited accounts and I just switched my daughters 3g phone out with a iPhone 5s with no loss to unlimited. Did the same with my wife's phone earlier this year, kept unlimited then too. The only catch is you either need to pay full price for your phone or have one of your own already.
    CubeDweller likes this.
    12-08-14 01:41 PM
62 123