[post deleted]
    Last edited by matt; 11-22-14 at 09:41 PM.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    11-13-14 01:46 PM
    All we can do is wait......
    11-13-14 01:50 PM
    Seems like Verizon ain't riding on the BlackBerry bus.
    The stubborn devil is stubborn...
    11-13-14 02:05 PM
    Only unlocked phones go on sale at shop crackberry pre release. The fact that there is no verizon phone there shouldn't cause alarm. Hell Verizon was on stage today to talk about blackberry and the launch event is in NY.

I think all the carriers will get this phone. And we'll find out launch dates on the 17th

The ATT passport isnt / wasn't on shop blackberry either. Of you need an example

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 02:05 PM
    With the announcement and pre-order today for the phone as GSM only, is there a chance Verizon will release a CDMA Classic on December 17th?

The pre-order page right now states: This product will not work on Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular
    A VZW Classic has been appearing in the OS ever since it was announced, unlike the Passport where there was barely no signs of VZW even testing it. ShopBB might not sell it but it sure seems VZW might.
    11-13-14 02:11 PM
    A VZW Classic has been appearing in the OS ever since it was announced, unlike the Passport where there was barely no signs of VZW even testing it. ShopBB might not sell it but it sure seems VZW might.
    where have you seen this? which model is VZW compatible?
    11-13-14 02:52 PM
    If this doesn't launch on Verizon I will have to leave BlackBerry. I hate Verizon but I have an unlimited data plan with XLT pretty much everywhere (get 40 mb down) and 4gLTE hot spot that isn't throttled which is hard to give up.

Pretty tired of waiting and can't believe Verizon didn't get the Passport. I am pretty confident they will get the Classic or at least I was. Verizon was on stage with Chen today so who knows.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 03:22 PM
    where have you seen this? which model is VZW compatible?
    It's all over the OS builds. Search the forum but it exists and apparently has wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 03:38 PM
    Spork that makes me feel a little better I guess.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 03:51 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:22 PM
    Spork that makes me feel a little better I guess.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not worried. Vz always carries a keyboarded blackberry and I think one of the leaked classics.was running on Vz. Only question is when

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:12 PM
    this would truly suck if after all of this Verizon doesnt carry the Classic, i have hung onto my 9930 Bold in hopes of upgrading to the Classic, i have taken out a send line as a contingency plan and got a used Windows Lumia 928, i have to say, it isnt bad and very easy to use! To make a long story short, it Verizon doesnt carry the Classic by the end of January, its good bye to Blackberry and it will be a Windows phone going forward. It will be a sad choice if it comes down to it?
    11-13-14 07:32 PM
    thats all we do it wait and wait and wait.....
    11-13-14 07:33 PM
    Agreed and if they don't have one for Verizon, I'll have to stay with Apple--dammit!
    11-13-14 09:19 PM
    If this doesn't launch on Verizon I will have to leave BlackBerry. I hate Verizon but I have an unlimited data plan with XLT pretty much everywhere (get 40 mb down) and 4gLTE hot spot that isn't throttled which is hard to give up.

Pretty tired of waiting and can't believe Verizon didn't get the Passport. I am pretty confident they will get the Classic or at least I was. Verizon was on stage with Chen today so who knows.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto...
    But if classic id 10.3.1 no more free Hot Spot... bummer.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:46 PM
    I was peeved when Verizon did not carry the Passport and I am more peeved that they will apparently not be offering the Classic, at least in any near term, as well. I guess it is like the old adage: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I am giving up.
    11-13-14 09:57 PM
    I was peeved when Verizon did not carry the Passport and I am more peeved that they will apparently not be offering the Classic, at least in any near term, as well. I guess it is like the old adage: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I am giving up.
    So what gives you the idea the classic won't be on VZW?
    11-14-14 06:46 AM
    I hope VZW does carry the Classic. Unfortunately, many of my friends and family live 'vzw-only' areas. :-(
    11-15-14 06:10 AM
    So what gives you the idea the classic won't be on VZW?
    I stated that it won't be released by Verizon in the near term. I just don't see any compelling reason for Verizon to bother with it. Perhaps if BB's sell through is good over the next several months, verizon will change their mind about it. I remain skeptical.
    11-17-14 08:56 PM
    The Classic will either be in stores or available for online order or over the phone purchase on December 17th. A CDMA version of the phone has been tested and many people have cited it showing up in the OS. Currently, no specs have officially been released and Verizon will wait til the last minute. Moreover, Verizon will have the US exclusive on the Classic. Don't misinterpret that. Having the exclusive doesn't mean they are the only one's the phone will run on. Example, ShopBlackBerry already selling GSM models. Think back to Z30. Verizon had exclusive but a GSM model was sold that worked on AT&T and T-Mobile. The exclusive part was AT&T and T-Mobile couldn't sell it and the Verizon model had Wireless Charging. I'm betting that's what you'll see here. Only Verizon will sell Classic. Anyone else will need to go through ShopBlackBerry and there will be something unique about the Verizon model.
    11-17-14 09:35 PM
    The Classic will either be in stores or available for online order or over the phone purchase on December 17th. A CDMA version of the phone has been tested and many people have cited it showing up in the OS. Currently, no specs have officially been released and Verizon will wait til the last minute. Moreover, Verizon will have the US exclusive on the Classic. Don't misinterpret that. Having the exclusive doesn't mean they are the only one's the phone will run on. Example, ShopBlackBerry already selling GSM models. Think back to Z30. Verizon had exclusive but a GSM model was sold that worked on AT&T and T-Mobile. The exclusive part was AT&T and T-Mobile couldn't sell it and the Verizon model had Wireless Charging. I'm betting that's what you'll see here. Only Verizon will sell Classic. Anyone else will need to go through ShopBlackBerry and there will be something unique about the Verizon model.
    Except an AT&T variant just passed the FCC.
    11-18-14 04:28 AM
    is this just your opinion or is what you have just said based on fact, if itt is factual its great news, any idea when Verizon might offer it, Dec, Jan?
    11-18-14 04:46 AM
    Except an AT&T variant just passed the FCC.
    Yes, sure did. That's why there must be something "Exclusive" to the Verizon variant. I'm sure it's nothing special. Probably a color variation, etc. it's all just branding and marketing.
    11-18-14 08:28 AM
    Here's to hoping it's that Qi powermat we've heard a rumor of from DylanHabkirk.
    Qi and Powermat are two rival solutions. One is backed by AT&T (Powermat) and one by Verizon (Qi.)
    11-18-14 05:47 PM
    Qi and Powermat are two rival solutions. One is backed by AT&T (Powermat) and one by Verizon (Qi.)
    I'm expecting the "feature" to be built in Qi charging.
    11-18-14 06:23 PM
62 123