Would love to see another Classic Model upgrade with BB10 Software. The Classic is just the best phone out there.
    03-06-17 04:35 PM
    Cleaning up the Confusion: What you need to know about BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile | CrackBerry.com

"As much I hate to say it, it's just not going to happen. BlackBerry is clearly out of the hardware game now, and BlackBerry Mobile is manufacturing Android phones. Getting angry and holding out for more BlackBerry 10 phones isn't going to help make it happen, so my suggestion for those who love BlackBerry is to start getting excited about your next BlackBerry being Android powered. You're just going to be stewing and angry for a long time if you hold out hope - it's less painful to treat BlackBerry 10 as an end of life product at this point." --CrackBerry Kevin

Don't know if you're the same poster, but this is the answer I added to the other similar question just a few minutes ago.
    03-06-17 04:47 PM
    Yeah I don't foresee another bb10 device. There's really no reason for someone to license that software at this current point and not enough of a base to market to. It was a fantastic os but I don't feel like you'll see anything new from this.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:07 PM
    Cleaning up the Confusion: What you need to know about BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile | CrackBerry.com

"As much I hate to say it, it's just not going to happen. BlackBerry is clearly out of the hardware game now, and BlackBerry Mobile is manufacturing Android phones. Getting angry and holding out for more BlackBerry 10 phones isn't going to help make it happen, so my suggestion for those who love BlackBerry is to start getting excited about your next BlackBerry being Android powered. You're just going to be stewing and angry for a long time if you hold out hope - it's less painful to treat BlackBerry 10 as an end of life product at this point." --CrackBerry Kevin

Don't know if you're the same poster, but this is the answer I added to the other similar question just a few minutes ago.
    03-06-17 09:12 PM
    Thank you

So this might by a foolish question... what will happen to all the current BB10 users holding a classic or other BB10 phones?
    03-06-17 09:14 PM
    they'll keep using them until the hardware breaks down and then buy them used. People still use BBOS phones.
    03-06-17 09:19 PM
    Who would support the software? I for example purchased 4 new Classic phones because it's the best phone I've ever had.
    03-06-17 09:29 PM
    Who would support the software? I for example purchased 4 new Classic phones because it's the best phone I've ever had.
    BlackBerry a year ago promised at least 10.3.4, although there's been many delays in getting 10.3.3 out, so many that there's still no sign of 10.3.4. In fact, there appear to be some issues with 10.3.3 hampering the rollout. I wouldn't bet on anything major coming software-wise.

As for technical support, that's what CrackBerry is for.
    03-06-17 09:45 PM
    Thank you
    03-06-17 09:49 PM
    I'd better purchase more passports or classics
    03-06-17 09:50 PM
    I'm going to purchase the keyone as a second user phone but my daily will always be the classic
    03-06-17 09:51 PM
    I'd better purchase more passports or classics
    How many do you really think you'll need to survive the next 3-4 years? It's unlikely that they'll be very useful much beyond that - at the rate that carriers are changing frequencies and technologies, web technologies moving forward, etc., the hardware (radios, primarily), OS software and browser are going to be left behind sooner or later, and it's likely to be a lot sooner than you think.

I'd be the first to tell you to keep using your Classic as long as it works for you, but carriers are already working on rolling out 5G data tech, and are refarming old frequencies, etc. You could wake up tomorrow or any day soon and discover that you no longer get a signal in areas that are important to you, because frequencies were refarmed and your older phone lacks the proper radios to pull a signal. That's the nature of the technology. I have my trusty old Moto Razr, which still operates fine, but is completely useless because the radios in it are obsolete. The same with my first couple of Android phones - which again, still work (by themselves) but don't get a cell signal in most areas and won't get anything soon.

I'd be very surprised if any BB10 phone was very functional 4 years from now (or any other phone from 2013/2014) - carriers and manufacturers simply don't support mobile devices for that long, and since very few people keep a device that long, they have no problem cutting them off when they need to make a change. Honestly, I think you have 2 years max, but 4 would be a very best case. You probably don't need a dozen phones to get you that far down the road, and it wouldn't be smart to throw so much money at old gear that you'll never get to use.

Still, you pays your money and you takes your chances...
    03-06-17 10:24 PM
    Great feedback
    03-06-17 11:02 PM
    carriers are already working on rolling out 5G data tech, and are refarming old frequencies, etc. You could wake up tomorrow or any day soon and discover that you no longer get a signal
    You do know that commercial 5G deployment will only begin sometime in the 2020-2022 time frame - which means until then, we'll definitely have the existing 3G and 4G (and 2G in Europe as well). Even when 5G is launched, they won't ax the latest previous generation systems, meaning at least 4G will still be there as well (possibly even 3G). So I don't see current BB10 phones capable of 4G being non functional in 2 or 4 years "best case".
    03-07-17 12:08 PM
    The answer is yes. The bb10 I've felt the most comfortable with except the Bold.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-07-17 12:48 PM
    Thanks. Somehow what I wanted to hear.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-07-17 12:52 PM
    With bb10 considered to be at least near EOL, is it even worth buying a classic today? Because I just did lol. Is the OS stable enough to at least function for upcoming years? I was hoping to stick with bb os for a while until someone new comes in (possibly never).
    03-09-17 12:00 AM
    I strongly believe that BB10 running device will last another 4 years. I am still using Bold 9780 this is still working fine. However browsing is not great considering size of screen and processor speed. My main device is Z30 which is perfect except few Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 07:19 AM
    most if not all of the BB10 development team were sacked over a year ago I believe. so, the answer is simple, they wont admit it as they are off loading the stock but BB10 devices are doomed.

andriod is now the focus.

your next Classic is sort of the Keyone.
    co4nd likes this.
    03-10-17 07:29 AM
    Yeah, ain't gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 08:05 AM

This will answer the question

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-10-17 08:19 AM
    +1

Posted with my  Classic
    03-10-17 12:11 PM
    ...As for technical support, that's what CrackBerry is for.
    Well said! Ha. It's easy for folks who've been around here a few years to be lulled into that very idea. The strength of a cyber-community is rarely more evident than in forums and places like CB.

Technical and practical expertise, and sometimes the tuitions paid through simple trial and error, shared to the benefit of all.

Thurask: you nailed it in 9 words. 👍
    03-14-17 06:45 AM
    Im amazed at the number of 9700 bold users still out there and considering the passport is still selling strong it looks like the bb10 will be around for awhile. Classic is still the best phone out there
    03-14-17 08:23 AM
    Im amazed at the number of 9700 bold users still out there and considering the passport is still selling strong it looks like the bb10 will be around for awhile. Classic is still the best phone out there
    It's still my daily driver and I won't trash it in any way. Buying another one if you love yours as much as I do certainly isn't s bad idea however, unless you absolutely want one brand new from BlackBerry, you shouldn't ever have a hard time finding one when the time comes that you need one. There are many on Amazon and eBay and almost still just as many legacy devices from 5 or more years ago readily available.

These things are built to last! If you won't need another one for another year or two, it's probably more thrifty of you to wait until then and the cost will be even lower.
    03-14-17 08:37 AM
39 12