Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I'm trying to run UberEats, PostMates, DoorDash, Instacart and other driver-gig apps on my Blackberry Classic w/ BB OS 10.3.3 - am I wasting my time and should buy something like a Moto G7 Play?

I just upgraded from a BB Bold 9700 I've had for 10+ years so I have no idea what's required to run these Apps and it's such a mess trying to find any info online, I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction as far as the best way to get these to run, would much appreciate!
    09-29-19 05:17 PM
    I'm trying to run UberEats, PostMates, DoorDash, Instacart and other driver-gig apps on my Blackberry Classic w/ BB OS 10.3.3 - am I wasting my time and should buy something like a Moto G7 Play?

I just upgraded from a BB Bold 9700 I've had for 10+ years so I have no idea what's required to run these Apps and it's such a mess trying to find any info online, I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction as far as the best way to get these to run, would much appreciate!
    For the location requirements and resources to run those specific apps, I’d definitely encourage mid-tier or higher Android device like G7 or similar.

I tried using Alcatel base level A30Plus for restaurant apps one day and it was ugly. Definitely newer Android/iOS hardware.
    TwistyBerry likes this.
    09-29-19 05:28 PM
    If you want or need apps then you will want a phone that is either android or iOS. Bb10 will run some apps but fail on many many more than will work.
    Last edited by howarmat; 09-29-19 at 06:54 PM.
    TwistyBerry likes this.
    09-29-19 05:31 PM
    am I wasting my time
    Probably! While there is a possibility some of them will run, they most likely will not run efficiently. If you need LOTS of modern android apps you probably should get an android device. This coming from a Passport user.
    TwistyBerry likes this.
    09-29-19 05:47 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! Rather than have a frustrating experience trying to get the Classic to do something it wasn't designed to, I picked up a Xiaomi Redmi 7 64GB (for ~$160 USD shipped on Amazon) to use as my driving gig phone. Still keeping my classic to use as my call/text workhorse!
    mh1983 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-29-19 09:14 PM

Hey Twisty,

Definitely fine to use that Xiaomi if you like but I'm pretty sure a lot of those apps will run on your Classic. If you'd like I'd be happy to test them and let you know. Sounds like you need the driver versions not the consumer ordering versions, yes?
    09-30-19 09:37 PM
    Hey Twisty,

Definitely fine to use that Xiaomi if you like but I'm pretty sure a lot of those apps will run on your Classic. If you'd like I'd be happy to test them and let you know. Sounds like you need the driver versions not the consumer ordering versions, yes?
    Because of the heavy reliance on location services and other internal features, the delivery apps will chew up the battery life something awful if the ART doesn’t get in the way too. Consumer versions aren’t much better either. Even Android hardware, either mid-tier or lower or more than couple generations old flagships don’t fair much better.
    09-30-19 09:52 PM

If you are trying to run them on the classic, what are your results? Obviously you should probably use the website rather than the android /ios apps, as they may not work. Occassionally on these websites, the website owner adds useless html instructions that can screw up the native browser. Often down the road these owners fix those unnecessary html addons because they not only effect bb10 phones but millions of other phones still in use. Of course the alternative is to try another browser on the bb10 device (obviously research the owning party of such browsers if you are concerned about privacy/security)
    10-01-19 01:13 PM