My 9930 with OS7 uses Blackberry Desktop manager to sync my desktop Microsoft Outlook calendar, notes and contacts via the USB port. It appears from the posts that OS10 devices, including the Classic do not have that feature. One poster stated that Blackberry Link supports this, but I downloaded a copy on my PC and do not see an option for syncing Outlook, just files and media. What am I missing? Please help. I can't buy a Classic if I can't do this syncing. Am I doomed to maintain the 9930?
    03-07-15 10:09 PM
    When I fired up my Classic, it asked if I wanted to sync Outlook. It only synced my calendar. However, I use Outlook at work and have access to my account at home. I didn't do anything to have it sync. It just asked during setup. Sorry if that's not very helpful. I haven't tried to sync contacts or emails. I tried syncing my account on my Z10 but it wouldn't do it. Maybe operator error.

The Classic
    03-08-15 01:26 AM
    I am using Companionlink in my office to sync Outlook calendar, contacts and tasks among the 5 computers in my office and my Classic.

In my office I run an all Microsoft 7 peer-to-peer network and it does everything I need without buying Exchange Server. I moved to Companionlink a few weeks ago because it's information said it would support BlackBerry 10 where my other Outlook management system would not. When I received my Classic I loaded the Deja Office app and Deja Hub app on the device before I tried to load any contacts. The loading of all my 598 contacts, my appointments and tasks loaded perfectly.

Periodically during the day I have to go to the D O app to bring in or send any changes. Then I have to go to the D H app to send the info to BB Hub. Takes just a few seconds. I've had no problems with it.

While it would be nice if the syncing could happen automatically, it's not been a problem for me to hit the sync buttons.

Companionlink is not free but is very reasonably priced.

One last point, Companionlink highly recommends your Classic not have any previously loaded contacts, etc to keep duplications from happening.

Hope this helps.
    03-08-15 09:41 AM
    Thanks so much for your post. While BB should provide the same Outlook sync service in OS10 as it did in OS7, I think Companionlink seems to be the answer for now.
    03-08-15 09:45 AM
    Http:// docs.blackberry.com/en/smartpphone_users/deliverables/6588/tom1377530385527.jsp

When you have your handset connected in Link, you'll see an option for Contacts/Calendar follow the steps there to set up a sync of your local Outlook settings on your handset.

Overall, you may want to look at moving to at least an IMAP email server, which will give you the ability to better sync mail and also allow you to receive incoming appointments on all devices your email is connected to.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:52 AM
    rthonpm,

That seemed to work, although it did have glitches. I backed up my 9930 as the first step in transferring my files to my new Classic, but it kept giving me an error message at the end of the backup that it wasn't connected and just hung. After checking the forums some more, I saw a post that BBLink can restore to the Classic from a backup up file done from the 9930 using BB Desktop Software. That seemed to work.
    03-08-15 07:55 PM