Are you hoping a next generation does?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-15 03:02 PM
    What next generation you speek of ??
    andy957 likes this.
    11-05-15 03:11 PM
    I hope that this feature will come with the next BB10 update to my Classic.......

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:01 PM
    An update will not magical turn your kb capacitive. It's in the hardware. So no, it won't and don't count on a new classic unless it's an android one.
    11-05-15 04:10 PM
    A Classic II with capacitive keyboard and Passport internals would be unreal.

I've been on my Classic since Sunday and even though it's so much slower than my Passport, the Classic can definitely hold its own.

Sent from my  ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 08:33 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:12 PM
    Capacitive keyboard is NO substitute for point and click trackpad.
    slagman5 and TJ Strozier like this.
    11-06-15 05:09 AM
    I am hoping for a Q10 with that keyboard

Posted via PP
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-06-15 05:24 AM
    An update will not magical turn your kb capacitive. It's in the hardware. So no, it won't and don't count on a new classic unless it's an android one.
    Dude...try to notice a joke when you see one ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:52 PM
    I would love if the next generation Classic had the touch keyboard, as well as a trackpad that lit up, like the Bold 9900's did.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:32 PM
    Trackpad on the 9900 (disclaimer: I've only used the 9900 for about one week in my life) seemed a lot better than the Trackpad on the Classic. Maybe because BB10 was not made for use with a Trackpad.

Posted via my Q5 beeyoch
    11-09-15 10:05 AM
    If they "have to" make a Classic size phone. They need to thin it down like the Priv.

Removable battery?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-09-15 10:30 AM
    I would also like to see a new Classic that could use a docking station where you only had to set the phone in and it would charge. Some of the Classic's kind of have this with the wireless charging, but the docking stations are huge compared to the small footprint the old BlackBerry docking stations had.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:58 AM
    Either they should make a successor to the Q10 with a "trackpad keyboard" or a successor to the Classic as it is.

But I (personally) prefer the trackpad over the "trackpad keyboard"

The only thing I'd agree to have a "trackpad keyboard" instead of a real trackpad would be if it comes for a bigger screen (in height) with a similar housing as it has right now. A bigger screen in height would be awesome to browse and you might flip your phone to landscape for a better 16:9 experience on videos. Right now the black bars on take a lot of space on videos

But sure for me there would be some things to see (if there comes a Classic 2).
    I'd love to see it more "high end".
    Right now it's more a mid-range device.

My wishes where:

- more high end materials (like a leather or glass weaved back)

- upgraded camera (better sensor for low light)

- maybe a higher resolution screen

- a separate HDMI out

Would be awesome to see a next generation Classic or even a Bold 2016!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:25 PM
    Not at this point maybe classic running Android! Can't see blackberry putting much more time in BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 04:12 PM
    Capacitive keyboard is NO substitute for point and click trackpad.
    +100

It requires an extra step to transition between the modes of the capacitive keyboard before you can use it like you would a trackpad. Plus, how would you "click"? One of the most useful used of the trackpad is clicking small links on websites without the need to zoom in. How would you accomplish that with a capacitive keyboard? Also, I rest my thumbs on my keyboard while thinking what to type next, sometimes I brush them over the keys a bit. Would hate to have to change all of my habits just to have a bit of "cooler" technology to show off. If tried and true works, there's no reason to change it unless it makes it better, which it doesn't...

Not to mention the usefulness of the other buttons on the toolbelt. When I use my Q10 (which I use mainly as a kitchen timer, haha), I feel like I've lost an arm I feel so handicapped without the buttons...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve and BerryRipe like this.
    11-17-15 04:19 PM
    We're hoping there'll be a next generation.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 04:24 PM
    +100

It requires an extra step to transition between the modes of the capacitive keyboard before you can use it like you would a trackpad. Plus, how would you "click"? One of the most useful used of the trackpad is clicking small links on websites without the need to zoom in. How would you accomplish that with a capacitive keyboard? Also, I rest my thumbs on my keyboard while thinking what to type next, sometimes I brush them over the keys a bit. Would hate to have to change all of my habits just to have a bit of "cooler" technology to show off. If tried and true works, there's no reason to change it unless it makes it better, which it doesn't...

Not to mention the usefulness of the other buttons on the toolbelt. When I use my Q10 (which I use mainly as a kitchen timer, haha), I feel like I've lost an arm I feel so handicapped without the buttons...

Haha, I'll bet it makes a great kitchen timer! Lol. The wife still loves her old 9650 partly for a recipe app that includes click to self set timer. Never found a similar BB10 app she liked as well. Lol.

My PP's large screen makes it a superb pdf viewer in the field, sometimes. Capacitive kb track saves screenestate but it is only a marginally tolerable half substitute for a real trackpad. Great if that screenestate is used enough to be worth the compromise, I guess. I, for one, just find it too easy to Miracast my Classic into a large TV for things I really need to see. Classic's trackpad beats PP hands down for navigating Miracast on TV without constantly looking at the device. Just wish Classic had PP's raw horsepower but that has nothing to do with TP vs CKB.
    11-17-15 08:37 PM
    Classic won't have a next iteration period. Let alone one with capacitive touch in the keyboard. Bb10 is dead, move on.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-18-15 03:52 AM
    +100

The only argument I would have with any of this would be that the touch keyboard wouldn't be there to replace the trackpad on Classic 2.0. It would be there to enhance the typing experience, of which it does a very good job on the Passport. I love all of the swyping gestures on Passport while typing, makes things quite fluid.

11-18-15 03:56 AM
    The only argument I would have with any of this would be that the touch keyboard wouldn't be there to replace the trackpad on Classic 2.0. It would be there to enhance the typing experience, of which it does a very good job on the Passport. I love all of the swyping gestures on Passport while typing, makes things quite fluid.

I, for one, do a lot of typing but typing is only part of why some of us use pkb BlackBerrys. We also use pkb shortcuts, speed dial & toolbelt to do quite a lot of calendar, contacts, web, excel, etc navigation. Too much unique nomenclature in my profession to use auto correct suggestions. So much for "flicking".
    11-18-15 06:39 AM
    Classic won't have a next iteration period. Let alone one with capacitive touch in the keyboard. Bb10 is dead, move on.

Source?

My BB10 Classic is 9 months old. "Move on" you say? Quite a few of us hung on to our toolbelt BB7 devices and were told the EXACT same "move on" countless times. Would we even have a Classic 1 if us "hold outs" had acquiesced to mediocrity and listened to the "know it alls" telling us to "move on"?? ??

I'm typing this on my old 9900 because I just woke up, checked & answered work & family msgs, & checked & posted on forums while still in bed. Wife on right arm. Classic & PassPort still on bedside Qi cradles. Still miserable to use under TOO frequently encountered situations. Why should we accept mediocrity and "move on" to tool beltless droid devices before BB's venture into that new platform has even proven itself? "We the customers" are NOT helplessly captive. We have more options than BB does.

I agree that a Classic 2 seems impossibly unlikely but who predicted Classic 1 just two yrs ago? We may get forced into android, should that venture prove profitable for BB. I, for one, feel no need to lead the way to "move on" before proof.

Q10 was an insulting bait and switch fiasco. ... Fool me twice, shame on me. Lol.
    tl000 likes this.
    11-18-15 07:21 AM
    Source?

My BB10 Classic is 9 months old. "Move on" you say? Quite a few of us hung on to our toolbelt BB7 devices and were told the EXACT same "move on" countless times. Would we even have a Classic 1 if us "hold outs" had acquiesced to mediocrity and listened to the "know it alls" telling us to "move on"?? ??

I'm typing this on my old 9900 because I just woke up, checked & answered work & family msgs, & checked & posted on forums while still in bed. Wife on right arm. Classic & PassPort still on bedside Qi cradles. Still miserable to use under TOO frequently encountered situations. Why should we accept mediocrity and "move on" to tool beltless droid devices before BB's venture into that new platform has even proven itself? "We the customers" are NOT helplessly captive. We have more options than BB does.

I agree that a Classic 2 seems impossibly unlikely but who predicted Classic 1 just two yrs ago? We may get forced into android, should that venture prove profitable for BB. I, for one, feel no need to lead the way to "move on" before proof.

Q10 was an insulting bait and switch fiasco. ... Fool me twice, shame on me. Lol.
    The success of the priv sales-wise along with nearly the whole android community loving and accepting the priv right off the bat (despite it being the first BlackBerry they've heard of in years) should be proof enough that BlackBerry will not make another bb10 device. They haven't made money off of bb10 yet, why would they stick with it when they're finally starting to profit in handsets by mocking in a completely different direction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm holding on to the toolbelt on my classic for dear life, and will be using it until I absolutely cannot anymore, but there's no point in wasting time speculating about a classic 2 that just has absolutely no chance of happening.

And lots of people predicting the q20, especially after the q10 was released and, everyone moaned about how it would be great as a bigger phone with a toolbelt... sound familiar?

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    11-18-15 09:16 AM
    The success of the priv sales-wise along with nearly the whole android community loving and accepting the priv right off the bat (despite it being the first BlackBerry they've heard of in years) should be proof enough that BlackBerry will not make another bb10 device. They haven't made money off of bb10 yet, why would they stick with it when they're finally starting to profit in handsets by mocking in a completely different direction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm holding on to the toolbelt on my classic for dear life, and will be using it until I absolutely cannot anymore, but there's no point in wasting time speculating about a classic 2 that just has absolutely no chance of happening.

And lots of people predicting the q20, especially after the q10 was released and, everyone moaned about how it would be great as a bigger phone with a toolbelt... sound familiar?

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    Idk who was moaning for a larger q10. It certainly wasn't me nor anyone I know & work with. Quite a few of us moaned for the toolbelt the Q10 SHOULD've had day one.

I wish BB best of success in droid. Not counting those chickens till they hatch AND grow to fryer size. Lol. It wouldn't take much of a reliability snafu, for example, to cook their goose in droid land. No time for a repeat of Q10's half baked intro.
    11-18-15 10:00 AM