The Q10 and bold are of a good quality in that most people can carry them without a case. The design is great and they are just solid materials.

Do you think the classic will be made with solid materials or cheaper materials to keep price down?

Do you think they'll make it with cheap materials and still keep the premium pricing of it's predecessors?
    05-29-14 08:02 AM
    Depends. Did the bb people that told them they want a tool belt also tell them it can be made cheap or they want a premium device? After all they are the ones the phone is for.
    05-29-14 08:06 AM
    The Q10 and bold are of a good quality in that most people can carry them without a case. The design is great and they are just solid materials.

Do you think the classic will be made with solid materials or cheaper materials to keep price down?

Do you think they'll make it with cheap materials and still keep the premium pricing of it's predecessors?
    BlackBerry Unveils New BlackBerry Classic Smartphone (formerly Q20) | Inside BlackBerry

Says it will be "crafted from premium materials" so would expect it to be of the same quality as the 9900
    KDB84, Matty and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    05-29-14 08:11 AM
    Chen said BB-Classic is a "High-end" device with a belt... I think it will be a Bold with OS10... different than Windermere though!

BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    KDB84 likes this.
    05-29-14 08:12 AM
    BlackBerry Unveils New BlackBerry Classic Smartphone (formerly Q20) | Inside BlackBerry

Says it will be "crafted from premium materials" so would expect it to be of the same quality as the 9900
    Hopefully same quality as the Q10, would much rather have a stainless steel bezel and stainless steel frets than plastic frets and a chromed stamped steel bezel...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-29-14 05:08 PM
    I think the classic will have higher price. Like bold and q10. But I hope they can make it right so sales will be better and more people coming back to BlackBerry. I just can't type properly in touchscreen when I'm on the go.

via Q10
    05-29-14 09:37 PM
    Cheap internals, decent clothes. Overpriced unless bought in bulk.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    05-31-14 10:08 AM
    Cannot wait for this new device. I'm very happy with my Q10 but a device improving on this perfection would be very well received. There's a good chance that I will upgrade to this phone

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 01:03 PM
    Cheap internals, decent clothes. Overpriced unless bought in bulk.
    Yeah, this. What the OS tells me is that the Classic is a low-cost device for mass enterprise deployments. Gets rid of BES5, BBOS and Q10 spares all at once.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 01:05 PM
    Yeah, this. What the OS tells me is that the Classic is a low-cost device for mass enterprise deployments. Gets rid of BES5, BBOS and Q10 spares all at once.

Posted via CB10
    Kind of take the excitement out of it when ya say it that way.
    06-01-14 01:14 PM
    Kind of take the excitement out of it when ya say it that way.
    I am going to wait until closer to release. I remember the leaked specs for the Z3 based on the OS wasn't accurate, so I'll wait and see myself...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-01-14 02:14 PM
    If they're smart they'll make it reasonable --- even if it's just barely above breakeven on the devices to try and get more adoption and continue to build the ecosystem. High margin/low volume ends in death of the ecosystem and of BBRY as a smartphone maker. The company will survive, but I want to be able to use BlackBerry devices!

Posted via CB10
    gunnerfitzy and tvst28 like this.
    06-01-14 07:18 PM
    I'm hoping for a high quality device on the cheaper side. I may pick one up, but will probably hold off as my z30 serves my need at the moment. However, I have always liked a keyboard but have never owned a phone with one

It would be really nice to see blackberry have a successful phone

Posted via my Z30
    06-03-14 09:22 AM
    Is this screen bigger than the Q10?
    06-03-14 10:51 AM
    Is this screen bigger than the Q10?
    No one knows because as yet, no official specs or renderings have been provided despite the projected launch date being only 6 months away !!!
    06-03-14 11:25 AM
    No one knows because as yet, no official specs or renderings have been provided despite the projected launch date being only 6 months away !!!
    Except we already know that the Q20 is a 3.5 inch screen device. So yes it is bigger than the Q10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-03-14 01:01 PM

Apparently the materials used are very good quality. One poster was lucky enough to get his hands on one in London at the BlackBerry thingy.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 O2 UK
    06-07-14 05:48 AM
    Not sure if already addressed but will this have the BlackBerry Q10 keyboard? I mentioned this in another thread already but I don't feel like dropping a lot of money for a "double typing issue" that will make the phone unusable. I want some higher quality material here or a different keyboard with a long-term life.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:29 AM
    Not sure if already addressed but will this have the BlackBerry Q10 keyboard? I mentioned this in another thread already but I don't feel like dropping a lot of money for a "double typing issue" that will make the phone unusable. I want some higher quality material here or a different keyboard with a long-term life.

Posted via CB10
    It has been mentioned that even for the Q10 they are making new keyboards that should not have the issue. I would assume this would extend to any new qwerty phone...

06-07-14 11:58 AM
    It has been mentioned that even for the Q10 they are making new keyboards that should not have the issue. I would assume this would extend to any new qwerty phone...

Mentioned by whom? I've yet to hear anything official from BlackBerry. I've had double-type issues with my 9780, my 9900, and my Q10.
    06-08-14 02:19 AM
    Mentioned by whom? I've yet to hear anything official from BlackBerry. I've had double-type issues with my 9780, my 9900, and my Q10.
    Someone on here claims to have spoken to someone regarding sending his Q10 in for servicing. I haven't had the issue on any of the Q10's I've had so I don't know. Just assuming this guy is telling the truth...

06-08-14 02:24 AM
    BlackBerry needs some Nokia build quality here.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 11:23 AM
    BlackBerry needs some Nokia build quality here.

Posted via CB10
    More plastic? Nah...

06-08-14 04:07 PM
    I assumed it would be premium materials - a business class phone.
    06-19-14 02:35 PM
    I think the BlackBerry classic will be priced higher than Z3 and less expensive than the passport. Just saying rather guessing here.

via Q10
    07-11-14 11:03 PM
33 12