It'd be awesome if we can delete the last word by swiping left in Classic.
    07-10-14 08:09 PM
    Given the collective fit of apoplexy going on in the Passport forum about how the Passport keyboard isn't the same old same old, I doubt it.
    acovey, AnimalPak200 and jpvj like this.
    07-10-14 08:11 PM
    Most likely not. And while they will claim the reasoning is because this is the "Classic" the real reason is that the Passport will likely be their "flagship" device this year, meaning the most expensive. So they wouldn't want to undermine those sales by giving the Classic that feature. A full keyboard like that of the Classic with the same capacitive touch features of the Passport will basically destroy the Passport in terms of productivity. It's the same reason why Porsche will never put an engine in their Cayman that matches or tops the output of the engine of their top-end 911, because given the same power output, the mid-engine configuration of the Cayman would most likely out-perform the rear-engine configuration of the 911, but the 911 is their flagship vehicle, so they can't have that...
    nikesu likes this.
    07-10-14 11:13 PM
    Adding the capacitive keyboard to the Classic would just be another gripe for those who want a 9900, but only faster, more memory, etc. Those people are already going to have a tough time with BB10.
    nikesu likes this.
    07-10-14 11:23 PM
    Adding the capacitive keyboard to the Classic would just be another gripe for those who want a 9900, but only faster, more memory, etc. Those people are already going to have a tough time with BB10.
    I think MOST people do not have an issue with adding more features. The problem arises when they TAKE FEATURES away, and then add some back. Which is what happened between the 9900 going to the Q10. Basically they made a newer and more modern OS, put much better hardware specs inside of the phone, then took away the hard keys to answer and hang up a call, trackpad, convenience key, and charging contacts. Had they released the Q10 with all of those hardware features, with BB10, and all of the other improvements, I'm pretty sure the majority of the people who are not holding out for financial reasons would have jumped on the Q10...
    07-10-14 11:50 PM
    Shouldn't. The trackpad will serve most of the purpose of the touch sensitive keyboard of the Passport.
    07-11-14 12:03 AM
    U

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 02:16 AM
    They shouldn't due to the presence of the track pad, buuuuut a mini passport or a touch Q10 version should be done!!

Should have the same form and size as the Q10, same keyboard (full) but add touch!

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    idssteve likes this.
    07-11-14 02:22 AM
    I think MOST people do not have an issue with adding more features. The problem arises when they TAKE FEATURES away, and then add some back. Which is what happened between the 9900 going to the Q10. Basically they made a newer and more modern OS, put much better hardware specs inside of the phone, then took away the hard keys to answer and hang up a call, trackpad, convenience key, and charging contacts. Had they released the Q10 with all of those hardware features, with BB10, and all of the other improvements, I'm pretty sure the majority of the people who are not holding out for financial reasons would have jumped on the Q10...
    You are 1000% right! Don't hand me less and try to call it "more"...
    07-11-14 04:11 AM
    I don't recall ever wanting to delete the last word but am perfectly happy having swipe left and other touch features, including kb, available so long as a check box is provided to disable that "feature" if it proves incompatible with an individual's needs.
    Last edited by idssteve; 07-11-14 at 04:56 AM.
    07-11-14 04:24 AM
    If Blackberry is smart, they will know what not to do with the Classic.
    07-11-14 04:25 AM
    So many, like bbry itself, really have no clue about "those people". I'll compare my mastery of BB10 against most. BB10 is finally maturing into an OS almost capable of satisfying my needs. Now, if BBRY will finally provide hardware capable enough to satisfy, they might just finally, truly, obsolete the 9900.
    07-11-14 04:41 AM
    The current version definitely won't have a touch sensitive keyboard. If the Passport is selling well, we might see it in upcoming generations as the state of the art though.

But actually a core feature of the classic is that it is old school BlackBerry - meaning it features a full sized keyboard including all symbols and characters and all that we are used to.
    07-11-14 07:25 AM
    Not with the Classic - updated Q10 basically, a bridge for BBOS holdouts.
    07-11-14 09:00 AM
    If the Classic has a touch keyboard, the Classic will die.
    07-11-14 09:08 AM
    Can anyone here speak from hands on experience with a beta P or ?? I'd like to know more about it. Thinking about it, I can see where gestures right at the keyboard could be operationally efficient. If efficiently implemented, of course. If that "collective touch surface" were also controlling a pointer cursor on the screen, similar to trackpad, it might also permit navigation without obscuring screenestate with fingers. All conjecture, at this point, but interesting NTL.

What I'd like to learn more about is just how targets are implemented once the cursor is navigated to one. The trackpad implements that command via the hard key contact. Is there any corollary on the P? Like a shortcut key or?

I can foresee where gestures alone might get misinterpreted while sliding thumbs from key to key during typing. I, for one, habitually drag my thumbnail across the keys while typing. Its part of how my body memory so quickly locates keys. Also rapidly rubs paint from the keys but... . Depending on the strategies BB might adopt. ??

From what little we know about the 20, it seems unlikely it would be fitted with this config but ?? As mentioned by a previous post, a Q10 so fitted excites the imagination with fascinating possibilities. IF some method of segregating point from click can be found.
    07-11-14 11:49 AM
    Can anyone here speak from hands on experience with a beta P or ?? I'd like to know more about it. Thinking about it, I can see where gestures right at the keyboard could be operationally efficient. If efficiently implemented, of course. If that "collective touch surface" were also controlling a pointer cursor on the screen, similar to trackpad, it might also permit navigation without obscuring screenestate with fingers. All conjecture, at this point, but interesting NTL.

What I'd like to learn more about is just how targets are implemented once the cursor is navigated to one. The trackpad implements that command via the hard key contact. Is there any corollary on the P? Like a shortcut key or?

I can foresee where gestures alone might get misinterpreted while sliding thumbs from key to key during typing. I, for one, habitually drag my thumbnail across the keys while typing. Its part of how my body memory so quickly locates keys. Also rapidly rubs paint from the keys but... . Depending on the strategies BB might adopt. ??

From what little we know about the 20, it seems unlikely it would be fitted with this config but ?? As mentioned by a previous post, a Q10 so fitted excites the imagination with fascinating possibilities. IF some method of segregating point from click can be found.
    I think to enable the trackpad feature of the keyboard you have to "double tap" on it first. But if you drag your fingers over the keyboard you might still initiate other things like deleting the last word (swipe left on the keyboard) or opening up the symbols menu (swipe down on the keyboard). I don't know how sensitive it'll be so not sure if that would happen or not...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    07-11-14 12:06 PM
    I can agree with this, though besides the hardware features, there's also software usage changes, like with the Hub and Contacts, that's different enough that some people seem to have problems with - at least with what's been voiced in the forums.
    07-11-14 12:07 PM
    They should have a function key that you press that enables gestures like swiping left on the screen to delete the last word. You could also program other gestures as well, ie, hold function key then swipe up = select all... possibilities are endless and would improve productivity drastically

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 03:43 PM
    They should have a function key that you press that enables gestures like swiping left on the screen to delete the last word. You could also program other gestures as well, ie, hold function key then swipe up = select all... possibilities are endless and would improve productivity drastically

Posted via CB10
    Definitely, but again, they would not want it to overshadow the Passport. So maybe somewhere down the road, but there's pretty much no way they would put it for the Classic...
    07-12-14 03:54 PM