Can anyone help me disable Wi-Fi Calling on my BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 10:28 PM
    You should have this "app" installed on your Classic, since it's a phone TMO sold: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35524900

Open it, and turn WFC off.
    07-21-16 01:20 PM
    Can anyone help me disable Wi-Fi Calling on my BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I'm about to receive my new Classic after 6 years using my 9700, so I'm way behind the eight ball when it comes to OS10 features. I didn't know about wifi calling, so I'm guessing it means that you can phone people whilst using wifi and avoid going through the carrier - yep? Can you also receive calls via wifi?

But I'm also curious as to why you would want to disable it?
    07-21-16 05:59 PM
    I'm about to receive my new Classic after 6 years using my 9700, so I'm way behind the eight ball when it comes to OS10 features. I didn't know about wifi calling, so I'm guessing it means that you can phone people whilst using wifi and avoid going through the carrier - yep? Can you also receive calls via wifi?
    Pretty sure the 9700 also had WiFi calling (WFC); actually a better version of it than the current implementation. You just have to be with a carrier that supports WFC--T-Mobile US, for example.

Regardless--yes, WFC keeps your calls off the cellular network, but billing may or may not be any different. On my carrier (TMO,) calls are billed the same regardless of which network they're made on. You can make or receive calls on WiFi and even send/receive SMS.

IMHO, WFC isn't as reliable as cellular network-based calling which is why I would never recommend it as primary cellphone service, but it's a great temporary option when network coverage isn't great. Where WFC really shines is overseas--since your calls/texts never hit the foreign carriers' networks, there's no roaming.

But I'm also curious as to why you would want to disable it?
    Not everyone needs it
    Heavens1 likes this.
    07-21-16 06:46 PM