01-04-17 06:27 AM
28 12
    I want to make it clear that I DON'T think it's a BlackBerry issue, but rather an issue with the MAP protocol being used by in-car infotainment and Bluetooth systems.

While I've had the SMS message connectivity issues on two phone (the Z30 with BB10 OS, and the Priv with Android OS), one would think it's a BlackBerry issue. But in my research, the biggest culprit is the Samsung Galaxy, but many other phone have had problems.

It's important that when you are doing testing, you must test for a negative result, and a positive result, using many possible operating systems and devices before reaching a conclusion. The iPhone has issues - in Honda's, Chryslers, Ford's, etc.

So it's a matter of all phone in all cars that are having problems, what's the common denominator? Even the systems in cars are different. Ford uses Sync (but are now switching to BlackBerry's QNX software, as are many others). This may or may not fix the problem if the problem is with Bluetooth itself. Keep in mind the Bluetooth is not the most reliable form of wireless communication, even with all of the improvements they've made.

I believe that newer cars (2016 on) have made major leaps in upgrading the hardware/software used in these systems so we may naturally see an improvement. Don't blame it on your phone yet since "upgrading" to a different phone may end up with no gain.

Just my opinion based on a lot of research, testing, and aggrevation.
    01-08-16 12:22 PM
    I have a 2016 Honda Accord. The text messages worked great when I first got the car. I have a Samsung Galaxy. Now it won't receive the text in the car. Ever now and then, my text will go off on my phone and it pops up in my car BUT it is from my husband or child and a text from like 3 months ago????? Please help.....
    01-03-17 11:13 AM
    This forum is for BlackBerry phones (including BlackBerry Android phones like the Priv, DTEK50, and DTEK60. I own the Priv and the DTEK60, the latter being my primary phone..

Did your 2016 Accord come with Android Auto? I believe that as of 2016, it was standard. So are you using that or just the built-in SMS text reader without Android Auto.

I just purchased a 2017 Accord V6 and Android Auto works great. I traded in a 2014 Accord EX-L. With that car I had sporadic SMS notification and SMS reading issues. IT was maddening. Some things I learned about using the built-in (non-Andorid Auto) functionality.
    1) Disable Google Hangouts on your phone and use the standard Google Messenger available in the app store. Reboot the phone after disabling Google Hangouts.
    2) You should also unpair your phone from your car, deleting it as a Bluetooth Device in your car, then starting the process again. This, along with disabling Google Hangouts, fixed most issues I was having.
    3) Android Auto is now a phone app that mimics the built-in Andorid Auto capabilities on your cars LED screen. You can install it but you have to use your phone to control it as opposed to using the LED touch screen in the vehicle. You can still use your steering wheel controls to answer calls, change volume, skip music tracks, etc..
    01-04-17 06:27 AM
28 12