Why the whatsapp not working in blackberry classic?
    01-16-18 12:37 AM
    Because...

WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 is dead, time to switch to a BlackBerry KEYone or Motion! https://www.crackberry.com/whatsapp-...yone-or-motion
    01-16-18 12:43 AM
    no,dont take the propaganda,one app cant be a reason for a phone replacement, especially with expensive ones,you can use android version on classic, it works well,search this forum for the procedure

Posted via CB10
    LSDBerry likes this.
    01-16-18 06:38 AM
    Why the whatsapp not working in blackberry classic?
    Download WhatsApp from www.whatsapp.com/android.

Install app, tap OUTSIDE the box when warned about Google Play Services.

Run patch from BlackBerry World:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

You will need an SD card for this to work.
    01-16-18 07:21 AM
    no,dont take the propaganda,one app cant be a reason for a phone replacement, especially with expensive ones,you can use android version on classic, it works well,search this forum for the procedure

Posted via CB10
    With the understanding that this Android version is not officially supported and could stop working at any time.
    01-16-18 10:14 AM
    Download WhatsApp from www.whatsapp.com/android.

Install app, tap OUTSIDE the box when warned about Google Play Services.

Run patch from BlackBerry World:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

You will need an SD card for this to work.
    Lol you should just make this a sticky in CB forums home page so that everyone sees the Android solution, or we might get hundreds of threads like this
    glwerry likes this.
    01-16-18 02:36 PM
    Lol you should just make this a sticky in CB forums home page so that everyone sees the Android solution, or we might get hundreds of threads like this
    People won't look at it anyway.
    01-16-18 03:32 PM
    Have to say I'm impressed how conite has been tirelessly reminding us of the whatsapp solution. Not just an ambassador but a super ambassador
    eiruvrav and glwerry like this.
    01-16-18 04:12 PM
    Have to say I'm impressed how conite has been tirelessly reminding us of the whatsapp solution. Not just an ambassador but a super ambassador
    That's why I said make the damn topic a sticky, so those looking for a whatsapp solution will hopefully see it first-hand
    01-16-18 05:15 PM
    they won't make it sticky,theyr target is to promote blackdroid and kill BBOS and 10

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 11:53 PM
    His cut and paste finger is massive by now.
    01-16-18 11:57 PM
    they won't make it sticky,theyr target is to promote blackdroid and kill BBOS and 10

Posted via CB10
    WhatsFixer fixes file sharing in the Android WhatsApp app for BlackBerry 10 users https://www.crackberry.com/whatsfixe...-blackberry-10

BlackBerry already killed BBOS and BB10, and moved to Android over 2 years ago.
    01-17-18 12:00 AM
    WhatsFixer fixes file sharing in the Android WhatsApp app for BlackBerry 10 users https://www.crackberry.com/whatsfixe...-blackberry-10

BlackBerry already killed BBOS and BB10, and moved to Android over 2 years ago.
    I know! but it is not needed to use every info about BB10 and push people to switch to blackdroid,let them choose,it is not about you im talking about crackberry propaganda in general

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 12:24 AM
    I know! but it is not needed to use every info about BB10 and push people to switch to blackdroid,let them choose,it is not about you im talking about crackberry propaganda in general

Posted via CB10
    Well, moving to a Motion or KEYᵒⁿᵉ IS probably the best advice, as the Android version of WhatsApp could stop working on BB10 at any time. We don't know if it will last a day, a week, a month, or a year.
    01-17-18 12:36 AM
    The iPhone has WhatsApp too. I might use it but all my android contacts use Hangouts.
    01-17-18 01:29 AM
    For those who didn't install Android WA + WA Fix, don't want to risk if it works or whatever...
    I have a BB Classic and this works..for now

1. Change your Date to 1.1.2018.
    2. Now, open WA via icon in your menu, send some test message to someone and get a reply one.
    3. While still in WA(don't close it, just minimize) change your date in phone Settings, put everything back to normal/auto update.
    4. Exit Settings, Exit WA.
    Now you should be able to communicate with everybody from existing Chats entering WA Chat ONLY via BB Hub. Just avoid entering WA via app icon. Enter your Chats only over BB Hub!
    From my experience, you can repeat these steps anytime if you enter WA via main menu icon by mistake.

It's a bit silly, but it works and my phone is up to date and everything works as usuall.

Cheers
    01-17-18 07:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp is the one that kill their app, simple a matter of consolidating their resources. But they gave users over a year, its not like this was a sudden thing (like the FaceBook app).

As for the CrackBerry push to blackdroid... it's the future - if there is a future, might not be one for the brand if too many refuse to move on from BBOS or BB10. BlackBerry sure has.
    01-17-18 02:33 PM
    The iPhone has WhatsApp too. I might use it but all my android contacts use Hangouts.
    iOS has Hangouts as well. I have an iPad and my hangouts show up there just fine (we use Google Apps at work).
    01-17-18 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    by not upgrading to a new TCL phone you're pretty much hurting sales by sticking with your BB10 one. This tells TCL that a BB of ANY kind isnt in demand. Which means they could drop the brand altogether. Then we'll have no phones. But hey, at least my Z10, Z30 and Classic still work right?
    01-17-18 03:27 PM
    Hi, could you pls give me some more info about this "patch"... it isn't opening on the shown address and whithout it the app is working but like only partially. I am just very bad with phones and I miss badly my WhatsApp thnks
    01-17-18 03:41 PM
    Unlikely your classic could still be able to use native whatsApp. In next few days, it would be permanently disabled. My classic stopped working just two days ago.

Pg sheng BB classic Malaysia
    01-18-18 02:21 AM
    Agree. Even though bb10 is the best for me and I still not willing to give up. But is time to move, keyone is the replacement.

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    01-18-18 03:46 AM
    by not upgrading to a new TCL phone you're pretty much hurting sales by sticking with your BB10 one. This tells TCL that a BB of ANY kind isnt in demand. Which means they could drop the brand altogether. Then we'll have no phones. But hey, at least my Z10, Z30 and Classic still work right?
    My problem is I bought a Priv about a year and a half ago and now the battery life makes it unusable. With a full charge it will die after an hour or two.

I spent 700 dollars on less than two years of phone.

These android BlackBerry phones (sorry: devices) are not cheap. It's a big investment. I'm waiting for the price to drop on keyone.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-18 11:19 AM
    My problem is I bought a Priv about a year and a half ago and now the battery life makes it unusable. With a full charge it will die after an hour or two.

These android BlackBerry phones (sorry: devices) are not cheap. It's a big investment. I'm waiting for the price to drop on keyone.

Posted via CB10
    With the right optimization, you should get about 4h SOT at least on the Priv. There are threads on this all over here, but start with scaling down the screen resolution to 1920x1080, disabling Google location scanning, disabling wi-fi and bluetooth scanning when off, etc...
    01-21-18 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't sound normal, what usage is the Battery tab in settings showing?
    01-21-18 12:13 PM
27 12