I don't understand this, doesn't BB have any influence over Amazon at all?
    Just picked up the Fire Phone for my wife replacing the Z10, and there is no BBM (since it runs Fire OS android port) on Amazon App Store.

So if BB comes pre-loaded with Amazon App Store, why can't Amazon offer BBM so people on Fire OS can use BBM!?
    I find this very strange.

I am going to try side loading BBM on Fire OS as APK to see if that works.
    09-22-15 07:34 PM
    Amazon Fire OS is an Android Branch OS, which means it is not official Android from Google. As such it may not support BBM for Android, much the same way that BBM for Android will not work on BlackBerry Android runtime, because it's not official Google Android OS.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-22-15 08:09 PM
    If you are going to try side loading BBM for Android, I would suggest finding out which version of Google Android your Fire OS is based on, and then find the version of BBM for Android that was configured for that version of Android.

09-22-15 08:12 PM
    Because no one has a firephone lol. Probably that bbm uses Google play services
    09-22-15 08:54 PM
    If you are going to try side loading BBM for Android, I would suggest finding out which version of Google Android your Fire OS is based on, and then find the version of BBM for Android that was configured for that version of Android.

I guess I'll just try one of the latest ones to see what happens first.

Because no one has a firephone lol. Probably that bbm uses Google play services
    If it does, shame on Blackberry for relying on Google Play Services.
    09-22-15 09:56 PM
    If it does, shame on Blackberry for relying on Google Play Services.
    Could be their method of ensuring authentic app installation/user login on Android-proper since, after all, BBM is supposed to be secure.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 10:05 PM
    That's strange, it should really be there. They released it a while ago.

It's here, should be findable in the store

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Lim...UvbUpU11945316

Could be their method of ensuring authentic app installation/user login on Android-proper since, after all, BBM is supposed to be secure.

Posted via CB10
    I thought they didn't use Play Services and Google Cloud and that is the reason that the icon is forced permanent in the notification tray.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:03 AM

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Lim...UvbUpU11945366

I thought they didn't use Play Services and Google Cloud and that is the reason that the icon is forced permanent in the notification tray.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea, I was just throwing out a suggestion. But clearly I was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:19 AM

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Lim...UvbUpU11945557

Posted via CB10

Strange.. but it's still not available on most devices, I just checked my account, it's only available on the android device I was using, and not on the others, which 2nd and 5th are Fire Phone and Fire Phone.

Yes - Heading4Tomorrow's Android Device
    No - Heading4Tomorrow's Kindle
    No - Heading4Tomorrow's Fire TV
    No - Heading4Tomorrow's 2nd Android Device
    No - Heading4Tomorrow's 5th Android Device

I'll check it again on fire phone through website this time, if not will just load the APK to see what happens.
    09-23-15 10:28 AM
    I don't understand this, doesn't BB have any influence over Amazon at all?
    Just picked up the Fire Phone for my wife replacing the Z10, and there is no BBM (since it runs Fire OS android port) on Amazon App Store.

So if BB comes pre-loaded with Amazon App Store, why can't Amazon offer BBM so people on Fire OS can use BBM!?
    I find this very strange.

I am going to try side loading BBM on Fire OS as APK to see if that works.
    I hope Amazon paid YOU to take a Firephone. In my house it would be grounds for divorce! My wife is a dedicated iPhone user, even though she barely knows how to use all the features.
    09-23-15 12:00 PM
    I hope Amazon paid YOU to take a Firephone. In my house it would be grounds for divorce! My wife is a dedicated iPhone user, even though she barely knows how to use all the features.
    With Amazon pairing it with Prime subscriptions, they kinda are...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 12:14 PM
    With Amazon pairing it with Prime subscriptions, they kinda are...

Posted via CB10

That's OK, he sounds just like people over at iOS or Android forums making fun of people for using Blackberries. You would think a fellow BB user would respect the decision of others to use the phones they like, but that's fine.

I was able to sideload BBM to my wife's Fire Phone by loading the APK directly, and it did not require google play services or anything else, it simply worked. So I wonder why Amazon did not include BBM in Amazon App Store for Fire Phone as compatible. When I click on the link directly through Amazon Web App Store, it says "unavailable" instead. Even though it runs fine, we can't buy stickers, which is OK by me.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-23-15 11:22 PM