10-18-14 06:20 PM
133 12345 ...
tools
    And judging by the Classic's specs recently posted... yeah. I think I'm right. The Passport wins.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    ya ok . just because classic dosent have fantastic specs? its still gonna sell with q10 spec make no mistake. its also likely going to have a price tag appropriate for those specs dont forget. i couldn't care less about specs as long as it functions smooth and not glitchy. the phone is only goning to operate as fast as the os allows anyway. further more the big time gamer is going to buy the classic no matter what the specs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-12-14 11:52 PM
    I think some people hyped themselves up thinking that just because they were putting a toolbar on the Q 10 that they were going to make some kind of flagship keyboard phone. In reality, it looks like it's really just a Q 10 with a toolbar and a nonremovable battery. They probably did that to try to get the battery life better in comparison to some of the older models
    08-13-14 12:52 AM
    I was gonna post the same thread. It's because the passport is very different. The classic is the same old thing just updated.

BB Proud
    08-13-14 01:00 AM
    It's too early to have hype for the BlackBerry Classic as it comes out in November ( As I hear). Whereas the BlackBerry Passport is coming out in/around a months time.

When it gets closer to the BB Classic release date hype will start up about the device.

Plus we have not got much to hype up with the BB Classic ie not many pics,vids etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    08-13-14 05:55 AM
    This assumption by some that those still using legacy BB devices are stubborn holdouts who don't like new technology and can't handle a learning curve couldn't be further from the truth.

I ended up with a Bold 9930 after using phones like a Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5, Lumia 822, even a Z30.

Why? Because the combination of keyboard, tool belt, and touch screen makes it the most versatile user interface of any smartphone I've ever owned. It is the ultimate communication powerhouse, and that is all I really want or need in a smartphone. Everything else is frills, fluff, and distraction, and I use other devices for that stuff.

The Classic appeals to people like me for many reasons. Obviously, it is an update to the Bold form factor and finally brings that amazing UI to the BB10 platform.

I'm not interested in the silly spec wars, I'm interested in how the device performs in real-world situations. If it can match or exceed the efficiency of the Bold, it will become BlackBerry's best-selling BB10 device.

Sent from my iPod Touch (3rd gen) using Tapatalk
    08-13-14 08:32 AM
    I totally agree! I'm still using my Bold 9790 & Torch 9800. When I first heard about the classic it made me want it because it has the tool belt but i'm 50/50 on which one to get now as the Passport just looks & hopefully works beautifully.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    08-13-14 09:24 AM

The Classic appeals to people like me for many reasons. Obviously, it is an update to the Bold form factor and finally brings that amazing UI to the BB10 platform.

I'm not interested in the silly spec wars, I'm interested in how the device performs in real-world situations. If it can match or exceed the efficiency of the Bold, it will become BlackBerry's best-selling BB10 device.
    THIS! Thank you!

I'm on the same boat, but the sharing interface of BlackBerry 10 lures me away from the 9900 every tome again. But this is exactly why the Classic will be perfect, even with Q10 specs!

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) and phuoc like this.
    08-13-14 09:41 AM
    The good thing for BlackBerry about the Passport is that it is undoubtedly an eye-catcher. It is a concept that has never been on the market in it's form, which automatically brings publicity to it.

It's the same thing as with the first iPad and the first Galaxy note. People will wonder how such a thing could work and they will read reviews or maybe give it a show - frankly, they will talk about it.

In the first place this will definitely help to clarify that BlackBerry is still there and still making phones.
    But also will it keep people from thinking that this is "just another boring BlackBerry" phone.

Of course, the Classic will appeal to lots of former (or current) Bold users, enterprises or just fans of the classic form factor, but it will hardly be of any interest to new customers.

After all, it is still hard to tell how much impact the Passport will have, but I think if one of the two phones will have a a significant effect on BlackBerry's market performance, than it will be the Passport.
    08-13-14 01:09 PM
    Posted via CB10 I'm excited for classic it serves the intended audience perfectly
    08-13-14 07:09 PM
    The Passport is coming out in about a month, the Classic is due in November. So the hype will come, just not yet.

Posted via CB10
    I definitely agree with this. When the Classic is nearing launch, there will be some hype. Probably not as much as the Passport, for obvious reasons, but still.

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    08-13-14 11:48 PM
    I definitely agree with this. When the Classic is nearing launch, there will be some hype. Probably not as much as the Passport, for obvious reasons, but still.

I disagree. I don't think the Classic will be marketed at all. It's not a marketable device. People will see it and think it's the same old BlackBerry - 9900 in particular. They?ll say, why is BlackBerry marketing their old devices?

As I and many others have said, it's just an upgraded Bold meant to please the tool belt lovers. Simple as that.

The Passport form factor is the future of BlackBerry physical keyboard devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 07:56 AM
    I disagree. I don't think the Classic will be marketed at all. It's not a marketable device. People will see it and think it's the same old BlackBerry - 9900 in particular. They?ll say, why is BlackBerry marketing their old devices?

As I and many others have said, it's just an upgraded Bold meant to please the tool belt lovers. Simple as that.

The Passport form factor is the future of BlackBerry physical keyboard devices.

Posted via CB10
    The so-called "tool belt lovers" have kept RIM/BlackBerry afloat amidst the dismal PlayBook and BB10 failures of the past 2 years.

The Classic is proof that BlackBerry is listening to its most loyal customers and finally giving them what they want, not telling them what they should want.

The Passport is a bold attempt at innovation, and I commend BlackBerry for taking the risk. But it is not the Passport that will save BlackBerry's handset business.

I believe the Classic will be BlackBerry's best-selling BB10 device, marketing or not.

phuoc and so crow like this.
    08-14-14 08:30 AM
    The so-called "tool belt lovers" have kept RIM/BlackBerry afloat amidst the dismal PlayBook and BB10 failures of the past 2 years.

The Classic is proof that BlackBerry is listening to its most loyal customers and finally giving them what they want, not telling them what they should want.

The Passport is a bold attempt at innovation, and I commend BlackBerry for taking the risk. But it is not the Passport that will save BlackBerry's handset business.

I believe the Classic will be BlackBerry's best-selling BB10 device, marketing or not.

I don't think retail would even consider it. Enterprise, most likely so.

People left the wonderful all mighty tool belt for iPhones and Androids. It's the physical keyboard that people want. I don't see them coming back just for tool belt. The Passport is that perfect balance of physical keyboard and tool belt. The new revolutionary keyboard technology. It will sell, as long as there is significant retail marketing and advertising behind it.

But this is all my opinion. We?ll just have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:26 PM

my thoughts exactly ty

anon(6038817) likes this.
    08-14-14 01:31 PM
    I don't think retail would even consider it. Enterprise, most likely so.

People left the wonderful all mighty tool belt for iPhones and Androids. It's the physical keyboard that people want. I don't see them coming back just for tool belt. The Passport is that perfect balance of physical keyboard and tool belt. The new revolutionary keyboard technology. It will sell, as long as there is significant retail marketing and advertising behind it.

But this is all my opinion. We?ll just have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the success of the Passport remains to be seen. I'm skeptical. Having beefy specs is all fine and dandy, but how will it perform in real-world situations? How easy will it be to carry in a pocket? How easy will it be to learn and become comfortable with the trackpad-like keyboard gestures and the contextual virtual row of keys that pops up on the bottom of the screen depending on what you are doing? What kind of accessories can we expect - charging dock, holster, case, etc.?

As far as the availability of the Classic, I'm not terribly concerned. I'm confident at least Verizon will sell it. They sold the Z30, didn't they?

But I would expect any carrier currently selling the Bold 9900/9930 to also carry the Classic. It just makes sense - it's targeted to those customers.

You're right, though. We'll have to wait and see.
    08-14-14 01:56 PM

And I think that Legacy users will go to the Classic. And I agree, it will help BlackBerry, but it alone won't be the savior.

08-14-14 02:29 PM
    And I think that Legacy users will go to the Classic. And I agree, it will help BlackBerry, but it alone won't be the savior.

But BlackBerry's success or failure in the handset business clearly rides on the success or failure of the Classic, not the Passport.

They already know they're going out on a limb with the Passport and they are taking a risk with it. They hope the Passport will be a success, but are likely already prepared for and expecting the worst.

The Classic, on the other hand, represents the final missing piece of the bridge that is supposed to help those millions of faithful legacy BB owners like myself migrate from Legacy Land to the BB10 Empire. It represents the company's attempt to listen to their most loyal customers and give them what they want.

If they can't deliver on this promise and the Classic is a flop, that's the deathblow to BlackBerry's handset business.
    08-14-14 03:04 PM
    For the handset business yes, the Classic is massively important. But I'm careful to not underestimate the Passport, which remind me of the innovation that made BlackBerry's so successful in the first place.

I think BlackBerry will survive in other sectors of the mobile industry, such as enterprise solutions, even if the handset business of BlackBerry collapses

08-14-14 07:52 PM
    If I was BlackBerry I'd only market the Classic within the enterprise sector and not even waste time with the consumer side.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    08-14-14 08:37 PM
    If I was BlackBerry I'd only market the Classic within the enterprise sector and not even waste time with the consumer side.

Posted via CB10
    well its a good thing ur not then. theres alot of consumers waiting for the classic

phuoc likes this.
    08-14-14 09:27 PM
    really?? im surprised to hear this? definitely not my experiences. as a matter of fact i was with a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago at a pool party and she still rocks a 9900. whenever i was out of the pool checking my phone she was asking me to check hers, too. it was under 20% at noon and was still kickin at 8pm. she was texting and bbming back and fourth with two different people pretty regularly. i was in disbelief.
    Mine ate the battery pretty bad compared to the 9700 at first. I got to 4-5 PM while the 9700 would last me to 11 PM easily and sometimes til the next morning. Then the latest update which I loaded before it was official on att would get my 9900 to 10-11PM. My Q10 will easily get me to the next day

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 09:50 PM
    Interesting that you say the Classic is a Q10 with a belt. I agree with you, but, what do you call the transition from the original iphone to the iphone 5s? Constant facelift? Lol

Yes the Classic may just be getting a new set of keys, but it's a crucial piece of a phone. And screen seems bigger. I wouldn't hesitate to get it when it's released. I really can't wait. But the Q10 is definitely a great device as it is, even a year later.

As for the hype, I was wondering about this too, but then you have to think about how different the passport is compared to all of blackberrys earlier devices. The classic is that, classic. Nothing revolutionary. It's exactly what the poster I quoted stated. It's an original blackberry device with a facelift, and of course BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 09:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you think BB is selling all they need to sell?
    08-15-14 01:34 AM
    People are over-thinking this. The answer is simple: because the Passport is being released first.
    08-15-14 02:43 AM
    People are over-thinking this. The answer is simple: because the Passport is being released first.
    i don't think we will ever see the hype for the classic that the passport receives. just the nature of the beast passport is innovative and the classic is not

08-15-14 02:53 AM
133 12345 ...