i don't think we will ever see the hype for the classic that the passport receives. just the nature of the beast passport is innovative and the classic is not

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. That's the more logical and simple answer. People have to take their emotions out of it and think business marketing logic.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:41 AM
    The only reason I would like hype behind both devices would be for the survival of blackberry. I'd love to see everyone with a blackberry again.

But that seems to be a pipe dream. Passport looks cool, but the size of the spacebar looks counter intuitive. And the lack of a shift or alt button is strange. They're removing more and more buttons as they release devices lol. Soon, there won't be a spacebar, the phone will simply recognize individual words and do it for you lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:47 AM
    So you think BB is selling all they need to sell?
    Nope, that's why they should look for more customers within the enterprise sector. Your question has nothing to do with what I posted.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:07 AM
    If I was BlackBerry I'd only market the Classic within the enterprise sector and not even waste time with the consumer side.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve's reply is spot on basicly ur saying forget about the consumer and replied with so u think they have sold all they need to sell? meaning they dont need consumers? to me ur idea is silly why wouldn't want all the sales u can get?

08-15-14 01:32 PM
    I'm a consumer that would hop on the classic without thinking twice about any other device.

If they simply "forget" the consumer then they can simply "forget" about pursuing a profitable company.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-15-14 01:51 PM
    yep thats my thoughts. im a consumer and not in business i will buy one very soon after release theres millions of bbos user waiting to upgrade as well

wilber1 likes this.
    08-15-14 01:58 PM
    I don't think there are millions of bbos users waiting to upgrade. The few people I know with BB devices now are given them via work and they accept whatever phone they get given. The kids in the UK who bought curves by the bucket load have all gone ios or Android and business has gone ios or wp.
    08-15-14 02:17 PM
    The Passport is like no other device ever created to date. It's unique and different. Its also the most innovative to date.

Quote me if you like, Apple FEARS the Passport. Lol

The Classic will have the ability to Convert Die Hard BOLD users refusing to put the Bolds down. The Classic will be the device to get them onto BB10.

Posted on my Q5
    08-15-14 07:14 PM
    The Passport is like no other device ever created to date. It's unique and different. Its also the most innovative to date.

Quote me if you like, Apple FEARS the Passport. Lol

The Classic will have the ability to Convert Die Hard BOLD users refusing to put the Bolds down. The Classic will be the device to get them onto BB10.

Posted on my Q5
    I wish I could say I'm a die hard, but I guess I'm more of an addict when it comes to blackberry, we broke up a few times but I always found my way back. Die hards and addicts were over the wall about the loss of the utility belt BUT I compromised. Bringing the classic to the table I think could do a lot for the company.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-16-14 03:35 PM
    I believe the Classic is for people:
    1. Who want to be sure of their phones.
    2. Who do not want to be guinea pigs for BlackBerry.
    3. For whom end call means end call and nothing else.
    4. Who have better things to do than testing.
    5. Who want RnD done at cost of BlackBerry and hyper ventilating tech geeks.
    6. Who multi task.
    7. Who usually don't sit on a desk leisurely all day.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-17-14 01:32 AM
    I believe the Classic is for people:
    1. Who want to be sure of their phones.
    2. Who do not want to be guinea pigs for BlackBerry.
    3. For whom end call means end call and nothing else.
    4. Who have better things to do than testing.
    5. Who want RnD done at cost of BlackBerry and hyper ventilating tech geeks.
    6. Who multi task.
    7. Who usually don't sit on a desk leisurely all day.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Sadly, number 3 is the most important for me. I hate when my note 3 would freeze when I would press the virtual end button, I would sometimes have to ask the person I was speaking to, to hang up because I couldn't, same with my iphone. I can't wait for the Classic. It's driving me crazy. Unfortunately I think I'll have to switch carriers. Who knows if tmobile will carry it.

Posted via Q10RR
    Thunderbuck and Mr4aces like this.
    08-17-14 05:45 AM
    Because the Passport is creating its own genre. The huge, square screen and the active keyboard are making people pay attention to BlackBerry for the first time in years. People may actually walk into stores and ask to see it. If they like it, they may actually buy it!
    This is the most simple and true post of this entire thread.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    08-17-14 07:55 AM
    This is the most simple and true post of this entire thread.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    Your statement is false

Posted via Q10RR
    08-17-14 09:29 AM
    Because the Passport is creating its own genre. The huge, square screen and the active keyboard are making people pay attention to BlackBerry for the first time in years. People may actually walk into stores and ask to see it. If they like it, they may actually buy it!
    I think there is definitely some weight behind this post. The Passport is bringing back a certain aspect of innovation that BlackBerry commanded years ago.

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    tx ram likes this.
    08-17-14 11:24 AM
    I think there is definitely some weight behind this post. The Passport is bringing back a certain aspect of innovation that BlackBerry commanded years ago.

The phone is just too big. Looks awkward and it seems like it'll be a phone people pass by with nothing more than a "hmm looks different" I just tried passing around the photos amongst friends and they all think it's way too big and impractical. A lot of people here are dining with hope thinking that this device is going to do well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android because my Q10 is charging
    SpartanSK117 likes this.
    08-17-14 01:05 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't everyone disgusted at how the 'Windmere' concept looked? I remember when the paper mockup was posted and I even recall someone saying they hope Blackberry doesn't release that. I myself, am a keyboard person but each to his own.

White BlackBerry Q5 - CB10
    08-17-14 04:32 PM
    So much passport noise! Just give me my classic please so I'd get back to work like I did with my 9900 and the noise is over.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 07:11 PM
    The phone is just too big. Looks awkward and it seems like it'll be a phone people pass by with nothing more than a "hmm looks different" I just tried passing around the photos amongst friends and they all think it's way too big and impractical. A lot of people here are dining with hope thinking that this device is going to do well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android because my Q10 is charging
    Yah that might be one of faults here. A false sense of hope. I personally think the Passport will do decent in terms of units sold, from a 'unbiased as I can be' standpoint

08-17-14 08:45 PM
    Because the Classic isn't spectacular.
    It's neither new, nor special.
    It's just another keyboard BlackBerry with a small screen.

This is the real enterprise phone. The one that might get some mass deploying in the enterprise.

Compared to the Passport, which is far more of a consumer device than the Classic, it just pales.

And I disagree vehemently with the guys/girls ladies/gentlemen who say that the Classic will make or break BlackBerry and that it will sell the most of BlackBerry 10 devices.

This is, as far as the data the market provides is concerned, one of the wrongest assertions ever.
    The Classic is the form-factor that is the least desired in the current market place.
    Basically no one wants such a device.
    Except for some enterprises.

If anyone actually puts some real hope into the Classic selling decently, I hope that he/she is ready for a big disappointment.

Nothing would sell better than an all touch device obviously, but in the battle Classic vs Passport, I'll give the Passport the edge.
    In the battle Z3 vs Classic, the Z3 has the edge.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:52 AM
    Because the Classic isn't spectacular.
    It's neither new, nor special.
    It's just another keyboard BlackBerry with a small screen.

This is the real enterprise phone. The one that might get some mass deploying in the enterprise.

Compared to the Passport, which is far more of a consumer device than the Classic, it just pales.

And I disagree vehemently with the guys/girls ladies/gentlemen who say that the Classic will make or break BlackBerry and that it will sell the most of BlackBerry 10 devices.

This is, as far as the data the market provides is concerned, one of the wrongest assertions ever.
    The Classic is the form-factor that is the least desired in the current market place.
    Basically no one wants such a device.
    Except for some enterprises.

If anyone actually puts some real hope into the Classic selling decently, I hope that he/she is ready for a big disappointment.

Nothing would sell better than an all touch device obviously, but in the battle Classic vs Passport, I'll give the Passport the edge.
    In the battle Z3 vs Classic, the Z3 has the edge.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing would sell better than an all touch device? Like the Z30? Or the Z10? It's time to face the facts, here. It's not that the average smartphone user doesn't want keyboard phones or phones with "bad specs".

The average smartphone user doesn't want anything with a BlackBerry logo on it. That is the reality of the situation.

BlackBerry has already conceded defeat in trying to compete for the average smartphone customer (at least for now). Their focus is enterprise/government and John Chen has repeatedly said so (as if their actions weren't evidence enough).

Your vehement disagreement notwithstanding, I am one of those who believes the Classic, not the Passport, will be BlackBerry's best-selling BB10 device. The most loyal part of their customer base IS enterprises, governments, and consumers who still use legacy BBs (why do you think they are STILL producing the Bold 9900 series?), and the Classic was built specifically for them. It is supposed to help them finally make the jump from their legacy BB devices to the BB10 platform.

BlackBerry's target market doesn't want or need spectacular. They need a workhorse of a phone that is the best mobile communication tool on the planet. That would be the Bold 9900 series right now, and the Classic will (hopefully) carry that torch.
    08-25-14 09:34 AM
    Your vehement disagreement notwithstanding, I am one of those who believes the Classic, not the Passport, will be BlackBerry's best-selling BB10 device. The most loyal part of their customer base IS enterprises, governments, and consumers who still use legacy BBs (why do you think they are STILL producing the Bold 9900 series?), and the Classic was built specifically for them. It is supposed to help them finally make the jump from their legacy BB devices to the BB10 platform.

BlackBerry's target market doesn't want or need spectacular. They need a workhorse of a phone that is the best mobile communication tool on the planet. That would be the Bold 9900 series right now, and the Classic will (hopefully) carry that torch.
    Amen. Well said. (And, PS - The Passport is an insanely ugly phone.)
    08-27-14 10:04 AM
    Amen. Well said. (And, PS - The Passport is an insanely ugly phone.)
    Agreed. It's just weird enough to attract attention and that CAN be a good thing for pulling consumers from their Appledroids. Maybe. It's also extraordinarily risky. If the capacitive keyboard works intuitively enough, it'll be a smashing success, IMO. MUCH depends on implementation. If consumers try it, find the learning curve too steep and return it a week later, like the Storm, BBRY will be glad to have the relatively conservative Q20 standing ready to slow the fall. IMO.
    08-27-14 11:33 AM
    I haven't really been interested in the Passport and have always had my eye on the Classic. But the more videos I see of the Passport, the better it looks for a typing experience once you have gotten use to the 3 row keyboard.

One of the main reasons I say this is the keyboard on the Passport being touch sensitive. The ability to just swipe backwards on the Passport if you want to delete a word or two. Whereas it you wanted to do that on the Q10 or the Classic then you would have to take your hands off of the keyboard, onto the screen and swipe... Just little things like this.

If this Classic really is targeted at the core business user then it needs to have a bigger battery than any other BlackBerry device.
    08-27-14 12:48 PM
    It's still a better way to delete than on android - at least you can long press the word or even full paragraphs and select then delete.

The classic will offer a comparable way of deleting words via the track pad, just hold down alt then scroll and delete, done.

I think the Classic is going to be a huge hit - the core BlackBerry base are qwerty users, but it has to come with the toolbelt, and BlackBerry is finally bringing that back - smart move.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    08-27-14 08:24 PM
    Best mobile communication tool I agree is a BlackBerry phone - I can't agree that it's Bold series though.

Multitasking capacity, browser function, toast notifications and the ability to reply without leaving what you are doing, screen share on bbm, location sharing on bbm, the HUB (and everything associated with it), productivity apps, cloud services like Box, Dropbox, HDMI out, USB-OTG, etc

I might have missed a few - but you can't claim the Bold as being the ultimate mobile device for the professional unless all you do is basically email and text (and this is only bolstered by the toolbelt). All the noted features makes the new devices leaps and bounds more useful and more productive for most people in 2014 and beyond.

The Classic will be able to do everything the Bold 9900 can do (aside from some minor things) and more - if the toolbelt is the deciding factor for most, then the Classic will be BlackBerry's crown jewel.

Right now - it's honestly the Q series and Bold 9900 series that's BlackBerry's best offering for communication and mobility for the professional, and which way you lean depends on your needs - but when the Classic is released, there's simply no comparison.

Honestly - I get the toolbelt as a reason for not upgrading, but if the Classic flops, it won't be BlackBerry's fault - they've done a tremendous job with BlackBerry 10 and if legacy users want to stick with their legacy devices because of a few "missing features" it'll be because they can't or don't want to adapt to a new way of getting the job done, which isn't necessarily slower or faster, just different.

I hope for some good results with the release of the Classic.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    08-27-14 08:46 PM
133 ... 23456