Ticky Tacky?

I think he got the picture (i.e. idea)
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 06-15-15 at 09:53 PM.
    06-15-15 02:36 PM
    Hello,

I was thinking about buying a blackberry classic through Amazon, but I have read some horrible reviews on Amazon. Has anyone else had a bad experience through Amazon? Should I buy the classic from amazon?

Posted via CB10
    Horrible reviews for Amazon? Are we living in a backwards world? Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-15-15 04:24 PM
    Just ordered my classic from Amazon! I'm so excited! Should get here Friday!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 04:48 PM
    Just ordered my classic from Amazon! I'm so excited! Should get here Friday!

Posted via CB10
    Good call. I'm sure you'll love it. I bought an AT&T classic on eBay. Unused, sealed box. The AT&T version has built in Qi and PMA wireless charging which I love. Paired with a 2 year SquareTrade warranty for $50, I got a killer deal. Around $285 including the warranty.

Posted via CB10
    Cameo Gonzales1 likes this.
    06-18-15 07:10 PM
    Love at first sight!
    Why so many bad reviews for Classic on Amazon?-img_20150619_110701.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 11:08 AM
    I've had both the ATT version and the unlocked Amazon version. I returned the one from ATT.

The unlocked one I got from Amazon was much better built. Way tighter tolerances. Keyboard feels better. I'd say you're safe with Amazon. And their return/replacement policy is very easy to use and forgiving.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 01:18 PM
    I've had both the ATT version and the unlocked Amazon version. I returned the one from ATT.

The unlocked one I got from Amazon was much better built. Way tighter tolerances. Keyboard feels better. I'd say you're safe with Amazon. And their return/replacement policy is very easy to use and forgiving.

Posted via CB10
    I did the same, had the unlocked, then got the AT&T. Kept the AT&T because the build was identical for me and the AT&T version has wireless charging...

Mr4aces likes this.
    06-19-15 09:28 PM
    They are fantastic. The reviews are always terrible on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:24 PM
    It has a 4.1 out of 5 stars at Amazon. That isn't bad. That's 82% which makes it a B- which means is good.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-20-15 01:55 AM
    Amazon has different return policy for various item bought. The BB classic phone uses a Nano Sim
    06-20-15 04:57 AM
    I did the same, had the unlocked, then got the AT&T. Kept the AT&T because the build was identical for me and the AT&T version has wireless charging...

Did you not notice a difference in the keyboards? It's the same with the Passport. Att made both keyboards have too little actuation force compared to the OG releases, imo.

I had two lemons from ATT, but first Amazon one was perfect. (which shocked me).

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-20-15 07:59 AM
    Did you not notice a difference in the keyboards? It's the same with the Passport. Att made both keyboards have too little actuation force compared to the OG releases, imo.

I had two lemons from ATT, but first Amazon one was perfect. (which shocked me).

Posted via CB10
    Nope, mine were identical. Using the AT&T one now and have been over a month, exactly the same...

It's the AT&T version from Amazon.

06-20-15 03:04 PM
    I see your SIM chart, and I raise you the real SIM, because that's not "SIM" That's actually Mini SIM.

If you are old enough, you will remember Motorola phones that had a credit card slot type of slot to slide your actual SIM in there.

Attachment 357764
    I remember my first cell phone (Nokia 2190) had the regular size SIM. This was back in 1997. I thought the idea that you could just move the SIM card to another phone when you wanted to switch phones was so cool. And it could store your contacts!

Aerial Communication was just starting up in Houston in 1997. I think that was one of the first GSM carriers in the US. It was then bought by VoiceStream. Then VoiceStream was bought by T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:31 PM
    I had Sprint as a GSM carrier! The old days before they used CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 11:53 PM
    Bad reviews because it's bad. Really hope you don't face with double typing issue.
    06-21-15 12:36 AM
    I've had my Classic since launch day. Purchased from Amazon 2 day delivery when Digital River was 1 month out. Remember?

My first purchase has grown to all my purchases. All good things happen at Amazon.

I thought I had sporadic double typing, but I find that if I slow down just a little it has since gone away. Maybe it is the Beta OS 680, 798 and now 840 that has helped with this issue. Or maybe I'm just one of the lucky dogs that got a good one.

I don't eat food when I type nor do I have dirty hands or type in the bathtub. If you keep the keyboard clean there will be less chance for mechanical failure. Although I use the 9900 at work with dirty hands and it still works perfectly.

Keep the keyboard out of the elements and there will be less chance for issues. I use a hard case (Surface) and a tempered glass screen protector to protect it when I drop it. I have dropped this phone more times in the past 6 months than I have the past 4 years with the 9900. OP have had issues with the phone after a drop.

I would think that BlackBerry would do an auto correct to ease the pain of double typing issues with spell check. So if it does double type it corrects it.

Quit complaining about the double typing. Even if you have to correct it, this phone is still faster than a touch screen using one finger.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 06-21-15 at 01:48 AM.
    idssteve likes this.
    06-21-15 01:24 AM
    I've had my Classic since launch day. Purchased from Amazon 2 day delivery when Digital River was 1 month out. Remember?

My first purchase has grown to all my purchases. All good things happen at Amazon.

I thought I had sporadic double typing, but I find that if I slow down just a little it has since gone away. Maybe it is the Beta OS 680, 798 and now 840 that has helped with this issue. Or maybe I'm just one of the lucky dogs that got a good one.

I don't eat food when I type nor do I have dirty hands or type in the bathtub. If you keep the keyboard clean there will be less chance for mechanical failure. Although I use the 9900 at work with dirty hands and it still works perfectly.

Keep the keyboard out of the elements and there will be less chance for issues. I use a hard case (Surface) and a tempered glass screen protector to protect it when I drop it. I have dropped this phone more times in the past 6 months than I have the past 4 years with the 9900. OP have had issues with the phone after a drop.

I would think that BlackBerry would do an auto correct to ease the pain of double typing issues with spell check. So if it does double type it corrects it.

Quit complaining about the double typing. Even if you have to correct it, this phone is still faster than a touch screen using one finger.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with the overall sentiment in your posting, just wanted to weigh in with some thoughts...

First of all, I don't believe typing speeds nor elements nor even the cleanliness of the keyboard have anything to do with the DT issue that affects most (it may encompass a few, but I feel the issue at hand is bigger). I feel these issues resulted by the BlackBerry layoffs and device manufacturing partnerships. An adverse effect that is hindering consumer's experience. Their quality control non-existent. I feel like BlackBerrys now are simply manufactured, boxed up and sent to retail. Like very little goes into evaluating the devices for defects or impurities, lacking the love that built by BlackBerry used to entail... Economically thrifty in their time of chaos and issues like the DT happen. (I also believe it's hardware, not software)

Secondly RE: Amazon. I use Amazon for everything EXCEPT electronics. While Amazon DOES have phenomenal customer care, their vendors and warehouse are sketchy. I'm fine dealing with a mishap or faulty product and when there is an issue Amazon DOES handle it and it eventually works out, but I have had SO many faulty products (not only by 3rd party sellers, but those fulfilled directly by Amazon itself) that I just would rather use a physical store, manufacturer's direct website or (when applicable) my carrier... Less hassle and my experiences receiving a dud have been next to non-existent. I feel like manufacturers bump out their old (early production models) or possibly defected products via Amazon. The products with subtle differences that most wouldn't notice (or not until it's too late.) It's the perfect venue to push out waste AND still capitalize, pushing the burden on Amazon, hence the cycle of bthching we often see with Amazon product ratings vs ratings elsewhere... Unless there is an amazing deal on Amazon, I pass on purchasing items as fickle as electronics from them... If the deal is sweet enough for the risks involved I'll go for it, otherwise, I'd rather just go right to a physical store, manufacturer or carrier. Always proven to me to be the best means of satisfaction.

I have used two Classics, the 1st I purchased via shopblackberry, it ran flawlessly and NO DT typing issues, then T-Mobile made up with BlackBerry and began selling the Classic. I sold my unlocked Classic and purchased the one I am now using from them. Also NO DT issues. While I try to keep my keyboard clean, my side endeavor is running an organic agriculture co-op which has me in my greenhouses, gardens, barns with the animals and with plants often. From heat and humidity to dirt, pollen, animal hair/feathers, etc you name it, I'm near it and not one single double-down letter has yet to grace my screen via this device. I also am far from a 'slow' typer, so while the double typing may be the result of beastmode typing, it again isn't something I have had an issue with, but I do acknowledge key pressure CAN play a part so I can see how depending on your typing style and force used how that may trigger DT on some devices, but again I don't think speed of typing is all inclusive to the majority plagued by this issue. I think in the end it boils down to BlackBerry's downsizing finally coming back to hit the consumers... Cutting corners eventually shows, BlackBerry's quality control is a blaring focal point of that hypothesis. Hopefully this is noted and improves soon...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-21-15 at 12:08 PM.
    Kev_112 likes this.
    06-21-15 11:53 AM
    While I agree with the overall sentiment in your posting, just wanted to weigh in with some thoughts...

First of all, I don't believe typing speeds nor elements nor even the cleanliness of the keyboard have anything to do with the DT issue that affects most (it may encompass a few, but I feel the issue at hand is bigger). I feel these issues resulted by the BlackBerry layoffs and device manufacturing partnerships. An adverse effect that is hindering consumer's experience. Their quality control non-existent. I feel like BlackBerrys now are simply manufactured, boxed up and sent to retail. Like very little goes into evaluating the devices for defects or impurities, lacking the love that built by BlackBerry used to entail... Economically thrifty in their time of chaos and issues like the DT happen. (I also believe it's hardware, not software)

Secondly RE: Amazon. I use Amazon for everything EXCEPT electronics. While Amazon DOES have phenomenal customer care, their vendors and warehouse are sketchy. I'm fine dealing with a mishap or faulty product and when there is an issue Amazon DOES handle it and it eventually works out, but I have had SO many faulty products (not only by 3rd party sellers, but those fulfilled directly by Amazon itself) that I just would rather use a physical store, manufacturer's direct website or (when applicable) my carrier... Less hassle and my experiences receiving a dud have been next to non-existent. I feel like manufacturers bump out their old (early models) or possibly defected products via Amazon. The products with subtle differences that most wouldn't notice (or not until it's too late.) It's the perfect venue to push out waste AND still capitalize, pushing the burden on Amazon, hence the cycle of bthching we often see with Amazon product ratings vs ratings elsewhere... Unless there is an amazing deal on Amazon, I pass on purchasing items as fickle as electronics from them... If the deal is sweet enough for the risks involved I'll go for it, otherwise, I'd rather just go right to a physical store, manufacturer or carrier. Always proven to me to be the best means of satisfaction.

I have used two Classics, the 1st I purchased via shopblackberry, it ran flawlessly and NO DT typing issues, then T-Mobile made up with BlackBerry and began selling the Classic. I sold my unlocked Classic and purchased the one I am now using from them. Also NO DT issues. While I try to keep my keyboard clean, my side endeavor is running an organic agriculture co-op which has me in my greenhouses, gardens, barns with the animals and with plants often. From heat and humidity to dirt, pollen, animal hair/feathers, etc you name it, I'm near it and not one single double-down letter has yet to grace my screen via this device. I also am far from a 'slow' typer, so while the double typing may be the result of beastmode typing, it again isn't something I have had an issue with, but I do acknowledge key pressure CAN play a part so I can see how depending on your typing style and force used how that may trigger DT on some devices, but again I don't think speed of typing is all inclusive to the majority plagued by this issue. I think in the end it boils down to BlackBerry's downsizing finally coming back to hit the consumers... Cutting corners eventually shows, BlackBerry's quality control is a blaring focal point of that hypothesis. Hopefully this is noted and improves soon...

Posted via CB10
    I guess we are lucky dogs.

So you think BlackBerry checked all the phones before they went out?

What about the Q10 issues?

The 99 had them also an people just changed the kb. Never had a dt on the 99 either.

Wouldn't a auto correct solve this? Example have it correct any word with 2 letter in a row that is a miss spelled. Of course there will be words or names that need the double letters. And you would then add that word or name to your dictionary.

Yes buy almost everything NOW on Amazon. If it is a big item I shop it first locally and compare.
    Never buy on Ebay any more after having to pay return shipping 2x

I see the bigger problem with the Classic is R & R parts. If it was easier like the 99 that would be great. Hopefully when I need to repair this phone parts will be cheap and someone will have an easier way.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 12:15 PM
    I guess we are lucky dogs.
    So you think BlackBerry checked all the phones before they went out?

What about the Q10 issues?
    Posted via CB10

Q10 issues would fit within the great BlackBerry downsize bracket, just at the start of it... Hence the number of users seeming to now be escalated as we enter the Passport and Classic era...

The 9900 DT while existent was VERY minimal as far as users affected vs what we see with the Classic and Passport now...

I DON'T think BlackBerry checked every device, but I think prior to their RIM rebranding and downsizing and before Foxconn they at least had a superior quality control that did a better job at catching these issue before they were sent out to into the wild. Now I feel there is just a blatant lack of quality in the quality control... I feel like they simply assemble, box and ship VS anything more they did prior... Less BlackBerry users now than before yet the defect complaints RE: DT are at the highest percentile I've seen to date... Just correlation and speculation on my part. Trying to make sense of things as best I can...

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-21-15 12:22 PM
    I have bought TONS of stuff from amazon. I really love their customer service when I need to return something they ask no questions and refund my money. I have never bought a phone though. I do like my classic so far! Most of the stuff that I buy from amazon I can't find anywhere else or I have to drive an hour away to go get what I need.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and CivilDissident like this.
    06-21-15 03:28 PM
    I do like my classic so far!
    Excellent! I love my Classic too... She is wonderful! I'm glad you're enjoying yours as well! Hopefully you left a glowing review on Amazon to counteract those other ratings!

Posted via CB10
    Cameo Gonzales1 likes this.
    06-21-15 04:14 PM
    Excellent! I love my Classic too... She is wonderful! I'm glad you're enjoying yours as well! Hopefully you left a glowing review on Amazon to counteract those other ratings!

Posted via CB10
    I will after a couple weeks of using it! Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-21-15 04:27 PM
    Before you do too much customization on your phone, be sure to load up the latest 10.3.2.798 on it. Just a few minor improvements. One being the Android runtime. I don't use many apps, or many Android apps, but the few I use seem to load a bit faster with the new update.

Edit: Oh wait, on second thought, maybe you might not want to since you might risk voiding your warranty... Not sure if Amazon would check the phone or not, but I guess I'll leave it up to you if you feel you should do this within that initial 30-day return window from Amazon, or if you'll want to wait that out to make sure you didn't get a defective unit before messing with it...

06-22-15 10:12 AM
    Initially the Passport was only available officially on Amazon India.
    Bought mine there. No problem with Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 01:15 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 08:13 PM
50 12