Hello,

I was thinking about buying a blackberry classic through Amazon, but I have read some horrible reviews on Amazon. Has anyone else had a bad experience through Amazon? Should I buy the classic from amazon?

Posted via CB10
    Marlon06 likes this.
    06-13-15 10:04 PM
    I bought mine about a week ago. The unlocked ATT version. So far it's perfect.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:20 PM
    Sorry. Bought it on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    Cameo Gonzales1 likes this.
    06-13-15 10:20 PM
    Hello,

I was thinking about buying a blackberry classic through Amazon, but I have read some horrible reviews on Amazon. Has anyone else had a bad experience through Amazon? Should I buy the classic from amazon?

Posted via CB10
    Even if it is sold and shipped by Amazon, you may actually get a incompatible unit etc.. Although they have great return policy, so stay with Prime eligible Shipped & Sold by Amazon and you should be safe. If you are an AT&T customer, I'd definitely consider getting AT&T version instead for warranty and other goodies, but I know it costs much higher, and now factory unlocked Classic only at $360, it's a great price if you are in the market.
    06-13-15 10:53 PM
    I bought my Classic from Amazon UK and it arrived yesterday. It was brand new sealed and sold by Amazon direct - not a third party seller.

The phone had no SD Card tray fresh out the box.
    Obviously it's not Amazon's fault, but BlackBerry's quality control error.
    Amazon have requested I send the faulty unit back and they've sent me out a new Classic arriving today.

Can't fault Amazon and their policy.
    06-14-15 03:20 AM
    I never used Amazon, but on launch day, (Dec 17?) I bought the Classic. It came in 2 days and I have not had any problems with it. To me it was worth every penny to have this phone from the start. I was able to learn with others the do's and don'ts.

I have since purchased all my online goods and have return or exchanged without any problem with almost a "no question" asked policy.

If I buy used I only buy from the "Amazon warehouse" and not a 3rd party.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 03:59 AM
    I got my first Passport from Amazon and the service and product was great

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 05:24 AM
    I will know more come Monday, as I ordered a classic from Amazon on Thursday and according to tracking I should get it on Monday. I think the black unlock classic has been out long enough that most of the quality issue should be cleared up, as it seems it is the norm to have more quality control issues on the first batch on a newly release electronic product than after the first run.
    06-14-15 07:36 AM
    I use Amazon almost exclusively when buying phones and many other products. Like others have said, stick with Amazon warehouse and don't buy from 3rd party sellers on there and your experience should be wonderful. The fact that you can use something for almost a month and return it is awesome. Gives you plenty of time to try out a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-14-15 09:40 AM
    Purchased my passport from amazon with no issues at all. I always purchase prime products.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-14-15 11:58 AM
    Buying from Amazon is a win win deal. Just buy it, try it for 2 weeks and then return if you don't like it. Easy peasy! Buying from shopblackberry is a pain in da arse.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    06-14-15 04:40 PM
    What is Amazon Prime return policy on phone. Two weeks? 30 days?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 04:50 PM
    Buying from Amazon is a win win deal. Just buy it, try it for 2 weeks and then return if you don't like it. Easy peasy! Buying from shopblackberry is a pain in da arse.

You will pay return shipping (or deduct from return price) if you simply decide to return it because you did not like it.
    You can make up an excuse, but that wouldn't be ethical if all that's wrong with the device is nothing.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-14-15 05:16 PM
    I'm a prime member on amazon and I bought my passport from them and have returned it 6 times with no questions asked just said it was defective and they replaced it(screen lift paranoia, lol).Anyway I just ordered the classic for 250$ and am excited about it!!!Amazon has the best customer service I've ever encountered.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 05:28 PM
    Thank yall so much for the advice!!!! I have another question. Does the classic take a micro or nano sim card?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:47 PM
    Micro nano!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:03 PM
    Thank yall so much for the advice!!!! I have another question. Does the classic take a micro or nano sim card?

Posted via CB10
    It takes a Nano SIM and a MicroSD for storage.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:57 PM
    Micro nano!

Posted via CB10
    What's a Micro Nano?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:57 PM
    What's a Micro Nano?

Posted via CB10
    Why so many bad reviews for Classic on Amazon?-th.jpeg
    06-15-15 12:29 PM
    What's a Micro Nano?

Posted via CB10
    When you leave two sim cards alone in a room overnight, you will eventually get a micro nano. Everybody knows that.

jas1978 and DeliFresser like this.
    06-15-15 01:04 PM
    When you leave two sim cards alone in a room overnight, you will eventually get a micro nano. Everybody knows that.

And you wait 18 years for it to grow up into a Nano

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-15-15 01:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpeg 
Views:	1044 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	357750
    I see your SIM chart, and I raise you the real SIM, because that's not "SIM" That's actually Mini SIM.

If you are old enough, you will remember Motorola phones that had a credit card slot type of slot to slide your actual SIM in there.

Why so many bad reviews for Classic on Amazon?-full-mini-micro-nano-sim-card-comparisony.jpg
    jas1978, raino and modifier like this.
    06-15-15 01:35 PM
    I see your SIM chart, and I raise you the real SIM, because that's not "SIM" That's actually Mini SIM.

If you are old enough, you will remember Motorola phones that had a credit card slot type of slot to slide your actual SIM in there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full-Mini-Micro-Nano-SIM-Card-Comparisony.jpg 
Views:	998 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	357764
    I remember those credit card sized SIMs that I used in my Motorola StarTac.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    06-15-15 01:51 PM
    I remember those credit card sized SIMs that I used in my Motorola StarTac.
    Really? I thought startac used the mini-sim.. I had Ericsson phone (omnipoint) and the older brick size motorola with credit card slot. It's crazy how much things changed in 20 years.
    06-15-15 01:56 PM
    Really? I thought startac used the mini-sim.. I had Ericsson phone (omnipoint) and the older brick size motorola with credit card slot. It's crazy how much things changed in 20 years.
    You know what? You are right! The StarTac used a mini Sim. I totally forgot about my first mobile phone - the Motorola 7500 also called the MicroTac. This one took the full sized sim. I must've blocked out this memory for some reason

20 years in the mobile device world is more like 200 in the real world.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    06-15-15 02:15 PM
50 12