I'm used to copying contacts to my PC, editing them, deleing, adding, and recopying back to my phone (non-Blackberry). This my first ever Blackberry and it seems like rocket science to do this simple task. Is there any hope or help?
    08-19-15 10:52 PM
    You can sync/backup your contacts to Outlook on your PC with BlackBerry Link (also your media, iTunes, etct).
    08-19-15 11:24 PM
    I agree with you, it's a pain in the *** to backup anything with Link.
    I use outlook and add the account to the phone and sync contacts that way. It's way more efficient than Link and you can import/export to cvs file.
    And for media and photos it's much easier to use the windows explorer and drag and drop than to sync with Link.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-19-15 11:30 PM
    I use outlook and add the account to the phone and sync contacts that way. It's way more efficient than Link and you can import/export to cvs file.
    And for media and photos it's much easier to use the windows explorer and drag and drop than to sync with Link.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    Link does everything it's supposed to, dunno what you're talking about
    I suspect people who complain don't have very good computers
    08-19-15 11:36 PM
    Link does everything it's supposed to, dunno what you're talking about
    I suspect people who complain don't have very good computers
    It's running Windows 8, so yes, it's pretty ****ty.
    Problem is it isn't very efficient to do what it needs to do. And doing it the way I'm doing it is much more efficient than loading up Link every time.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-20-15 01:16 AM
    It's running Windows 8, so yes, it's pretty ****ty.
    Problem is it isn't very efficient to do what it needs to do. And doing it the way I'm doing it is much more efficient than loading up Link every time.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    Dunno what everyone's beef with windows 8 is. (Though my 10 yo laptop can run windows 10)
    It's not that bad if you get used to it
    08-20-15 04:34 AM
    Dunno what everyone's beef with windows 8 is. (Though my 10 yo laptop can run windows 10)
    It's not that bad if you get used to it
    I've used every Windows version from 3.1 to 8. Removing the Start button and adding in a mobile UI were the two worst ideas Microsoft ever had, design wise.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-20-15 05:20 AM
    I don't find using Link to backup my BlackBerry any more challenging than using iTunes to backup my iPad. First you have to learn what it can do and then you have to learn how to configure it. After that you just connect your device, sync and backup and your done.
    08-20-15 09:21 AM
    I've used every Windows version from 3.1 to 8. Removing the Start button and adding in a mobile UI were the two worst ideas Microsoft ever had, design wise.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    So why are you not on 8.1? Or why not install classic shell.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-20-15 09:57 AM
    you could try a multitude of apps which allow you to backup contacts, transfer them to PC, edit them on PC or BB, and import them back..

here are two good examples:
    ContactsImEx: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA
    Ultimate Backup for BlackBerry 10: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA

Hope that helps.
    08-20-15 10:39 AM
    So why are you not on 8.1? Or why not install classic shell.
    Or just go to 8.2 a.k.a Windows 10?
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 08-20-15 at 05:41 PM.
    08-20-15 10:40 AM
    I know some are anti Google, but I just use Google to sync my contacts. I turn off all local and sim contacts and I never have a problem. If I need to edit I can do it from the cloud or the phone.

Posted via CB10
    AZN likes this.
    08-20-15 05:07 PM
    It's really just a matter of figuring out what your preferred options are and learning how to set them up.
    08-20-15 05:18 PM
    Since you all think I just don't know how to do it...
    Link used to give me remote access to my Win7 computer on my Z10. Now with Win8 and my Classic Link says it's set up, I can see the computer in my file manager, but none of the files show up on my Classic. I've tried every Windows setting, firewall setting (Mcafee btw), Link setting and bb10 setting.
    Sync works, it's just super slow and annoying as hell to have to be attached via USB to get it to sync, and wait forever for Link to load.
    If I have to be connected via USB anyway, it's much quicker and precise to use file explorer to copy and paste. Maybe because I've been using file explorer for two decades I'm just accustomed to it so it flows better than Link to me.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-20-15 05:28 PM
    Which version of Link are you using? I believe 1.2.3.56 is the latest. You could also try the previous version 1.2.3.48.
    08-20-15 05:46 PM
    I know some are anti Google, but I just use Google to sync my contacts. I turn off all local and sim contacts and I never have a problem. If I need to edit I can do it from the cloud or the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%. I do the exact same thing. If you were to lose your phone/drop it in the toilet/have it stolen, all your contacts would be gone. I doubt you're going to be backing up your contacts on a daily basis. Save yourself the headache and save everything to Google.

Sent from my  Classic
    08-20-15 07:50 PM
    I'm used to copying contacts to my PC, editing them, deleing, adding, and recopying back to my phone (non-Blackberry). This my first ever Blackberry and it seems like rocket science to do this simple task. Is there any hope or help?
    I'm curious what phone were you doing this with before? What software did you edit your contacts with?

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    08-20-15 08:39 PM