Im a new Classic owner. My last BB was the Bold 9000, with the track ball. I don't remember it doing so complicated to check email on the Bold. If I remember correctly, it was just a slight roll of the ball and press and I was in the Hub. On the Classic I have to do all this swiping on the glass, first up and then to the left. Half the time the swipe doesn't work and I have to swipe a few times. Its a little frustrating. When I look at my phone I want to be in the Hub as quickly as possible.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I only have the Classic 4 days and love the form, but Im seriously thinking about buying a Bold 9000
    05-12-18 09:11 AM
    I have to do all this swiping on the glass, first up and then to the left.
    You don't have to swipe up. From the desktop just swipe right or tap the tiny,tiny HUB icon at the bottom of the desktop screen. Like any device it takes a bit of time to master all the nuances.
    joseanmx likes this.
    05-12-18 09:16 AM
    Im a new Classic owner. My last BB was the Bold 9000, with the track ball. I don't remember it doing so complicated to check email on the Bold. If I remember correctly, it was just a slight roll of the ball and press and I was in the Hub. On the Classic I have to do all this swiping on the glass, first up and then to the left. Half the time the swipe doesn't work and I have to swipe a few times. Its a little frustrating. When I look at my phone I want to be in the Hub as quickly as possible.
    I only have the Classic 4 days and love the form, but Im seriously thinking about buying a Bold 9000
    Remember what I said about learning a new OS? When I switched from a 9900 to Q10, it was frustrating. Not as bad going from BB10 to BBAndroid. That’s why I suggested getting a BBAndroid device and not installing apps. Seriously, just keep with BB10 at this point. Conite posted a link to a possible KEYtwo Lite earlier today. Maybe that would be worth it to you and don't install apps....

FWIW - I've bought BBOS and BB10 devices in the last year for nostalgia purposes and to add to my collection. I loved BBOS far more than I ever liked BB10. However, I'd forgotten how small the screens were and peculiar nuances of BBOS. I actually put a line on my AT&T setup just to play around last year. Like someone else said about old girlfriends, now I remember the reasons we broke up.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 05-12-18 at 09:46 AM.
    JohnKobeck and hplovecraft like this.
    05-12-18 09:29 AM
    Or from almost anywhere...
    https://global.blackberry.com/conten...-gesture_4.png

Via Pasta CB10
    05-12-18 09:33 AM
    Here is the link to the video demos: BlackBerry Classic Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Classic Smartphone Help 101
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    05-12-18 09:43 AM
    I also went from a 9930 -> Q10 -> Classic.

I don't think it's "difficult" to access the hub or anything on a Classic. My first page is exactly the same icon layout as was on my 9930.

As much as I liked my 9930 I sold it and haven't looked back.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    Last edited by Cainamzak; 05-14-18 at 09:55 AM.
    05-12-18 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the links and comments. I will continue to learn this deice. the Bold that I originally had was the 9000 in 2008. I loved that ball. But I remember it started to stick and collect dirt under it.
    05-12-18 06:14 PM
    Long press M will do.
    Be it Blandroid or BB10

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 07:00 AM
    It's 2018. The classic is an old device and BB10 the most fluent OS out there -but gettin more and more outdated. Phones -Better mobile devices- are not done anymore to do simple tasks fast and fluent.
    05-13-18 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the links and comments. I will continue to learn this deice. the Bold that I originally had was the 9000 in 2008. I loved that ball. But I remember it started to stick and collect dirt under it.
    Yeah just give it a little time.

The trackpad on BB10 isn't quiet like the trackball days. I use a combination of the TP and the touch screen, where the TP does the fine cursor adjustments.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    05-14-18 09:59 AM
    I think the hub here on bb10 is so much better, elegant, efficient.

It just shows how horrible android and ios are.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-15-18 10:08 PM
    Old solved question but it is really easy: tap the far right toolbelt button then use left thumb to swipe right. I'm a long term android user and I'm blown away how much I love BB10.
    06-18-18 06:55 PM
    From any screen, hit the end call button then swipe to the left on the trackpad.
    06-27-18 07:49 PM