I consider the calendar to be a fairly universal tool of importance for business use. The trackpad will make navigation through the calendar MUCH easier, when it comes to setting reminders, repeating, etc. That is more important to me than the advantages the trackpad has on editing text. But both are pretty important in my opinion. And if the trackpad makes these features more productive, then suggesting it's going backwards would be foolish.
    03-24-14 02:09 PM
    Not a bad thing to provide the customers what they want. But maybe if they're going to produce different types of devices (full touch, touch / type, touch/toolbelt) , I think they should be planning well on controlling the production. That may save them a little more money and they can use it for the improvements of the devices. For me, I can say that after launching the Q20, they can pause from making new devices and focus on improving what's existing. Making too many devices can make some customers to feel like their device's value is going down very fast.

I'm happy with my Z10. And all I want is improvements.

My 1st choice of smartphone (not smartTOY), BlackBerry.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-26-14 12:32 AM
    Wow, so again, more legacy devices sold than BB10 devices. Definitely, just keep on going with the current options, yep, it's definitely working. And I'm sure people are buying legacy devices because they love the spinning clock and the lag... /sarcasm

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-28-14 12:02 PM
    People can stop all their winning. BlackBerry announced they have 3 keyboard devices coming out. Rejoice.
    03-28-14 03:32 PM
    I am a die hard BlackBerry user. I have tried everything (iPhone, HTC one, etc). I have the z10, q10, z30.

My z10 is my daily driver.

But, what I wouldn't give to have a bb10 Torch with a z10 screen, and the belt.

Why not be different and differentiated? The track pad was excellent for typing and so was the keyboard.

BlackBerry should go back and corner both the security and the heavy typer market.

Just do it with a real screen. That was the beauty of the Torch

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-28-14 09:12 PM
    I am a die hard BlackBerry user. I have tried everything (iPhone, HTC one, etc). I have the z10, q10, z30.

My z10 is my daily driver.

But, what I wouldn't give to have a bb10 Torch with a z10 screen, and the belt.

Why not be different and differentiated? The track pad was excellent for typing and so was the keyboard.

BlackBerry should go back and corner both the security and the heavy typer market.

Just do it with a real screen. That was the beauty of the Torch

Posted via CB10
    Agree completely, though I've never had a torch (on verizon). Would love a bigger screen but can't give up the q10 keyboard.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-29-14 11:45 AM
    Precision is not going backwards.
    LLAmos likes this.
    03-29-14 02:59 PM
    Surprised this thread is still going on.

Isn't it clear when 2 out of every 3 BlackBerry phones sold are Legacy devices that BlackBerry 10 has not yet caught on and doing more of the same and hoping for different results would just be an exercise in futility?

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-29-14 07:41 PM
    Exercise is good.

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2156 as of 3.14.2014!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-29-14 11:59 PM
    You know, BlackBerry App World has more apps than Google Play now that BlackBerry can run Android Apps. Been using quite a few Android apps on my Q10 and loving it. ETrade and Pulse News, just to name a couple. So, not having the apps is not really an excuse for using iOS or Android. I personally love BlackBerry's new OS10.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-30-14 06:47 AM
    Interesting statement from the Chen's CBC interview: "we're not only bringing back the belt, we're bring back some of the interface you liked on the Bold"

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 07:07 AM
    Interesting statement from the Chen's CBC interview: "we're not only bringing back the belt, we're bring back some of the interface you liked on the Bold"

#believeinfilm
    That sounds promising. I still love my Bold.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:55 PM
    Sold my q10 after q20 was announced.

Not because I hate the toolbelt, I like it.
    But leaving it out from q10, then put it back on q20 make me feel like I was just using an experimental device, an expensive one at rm2200 or about UsD 700.

Will not buy a Q series anymore after this, maybe Z if somehow I got bored with Note series.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-04-14 11:03 PM

But leaving it out from q10, then put it back on q20 make me feel like I was just using an experimental device, an expensive one at rm2200 or about UsD 700.

Will not buy a Q series anymore after this, maybe Z if somehow I got bored with Note series.

It's not like they are ditching the no belt qwerty's, they are simply giving us more options to accommodate those who want that.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-14 11:42 PM
    Let's not be deluded. Bb10 smartphones are a total failure in their present form.
    04-05-14 12:05 AM
    Look at it this way... BBOS devices are cheaper and still relevant in the enterprise. Companies don't just switch their infrastructure around just because it's new. It's about costs. When companies switch to BES10/12, we'll see more BB10 devices being sold.

You hear a lot around this site that it's about being a tool for communication and productivity. That's what BBOS is all about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-14 09:28 AM
    Look at it this way... BBOS devices are cheaper and still relevant in the enterprise. Companies don't just switch their infrastructure around just because it's new. It's about costs. When companies switch to BES10/12, we'll see more BB10 devices being sold.

You hear a lot around this site that it's about being a tool for communication and productivity. That's what BBOS is all about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Plus BES10 is useless to enterprises/governments departments that don't use Microsoft Exchange, yes, many still use POP3 with very limited inbox storage space, like my wife's work.

#believeinfilm
    04-05-14 12:52 PM
    Plus BES10 is useless to enterprises/governments departments that don't use Microsoft Exchange, yes, many still use POP3 with very limited inbox storage space, like my wife's work.

#believeinfilm
    I think the number of enterprise departments use Exchange. pop3 is used by a lot but that number is coming down slowly as technology creeps into the enterprise segment.
    04-05-14 12:58 PM
    Depends on what you mean by "success". It blows iOS 7 away. Not sure about Android.
    Let's not be deluded. Bb10 smartphones are a total failure in their present form.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-14 01:20 PM
    I wonder if Chen would consider a Q20 referral program. In other words if I could convince a non blackberry user to upgrade to a Q20 he would knock 20 off my next bill.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-05-14 07:28 PM
    Why are YOU annoyed? How many non-trackpad models has RIM introduced trying to entice the iPhone crowd? How successful have they been at enticing adolescents from their iPhones and Droids? Droves of adolescents are NOT going to abandon their beloved iPhones in favor of RIM's "me-too" iPhone clones. If RIM does somehow manage to grab worthwhile market share from Apple, good for them. They should keep trying. BUT, abandoning their long established business market base on the SLIM chance they can capitalize on Apple's success is just plain stupid. RIM's current financial situation can only be blamed on the failure of their strategies. Those strategies included abandoning a uniquely efficient innovation called a trackpad.

For efficient and precise business operation with a single hand, the 9930's trackpad is better than Q10 "gestures". Period. SOME of us have work to do. It's well past time that RIM gets back to business.
    04-06-14 10:52 AM

You're either lying or a fool. Did you like the Q10? What does it matter what other devices BlackBerry plans on releasing if you like your phone? And isn't every phone an experiment, particularly with BlackBerry now....they are trying to make one that catches on and sells well.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-08-14 06:36 AM
    I also find the design choice of adding the belt a letdown.

I really enjoy my Q10, but the screen is slightly too small. A 1280x768 3.6" Q20 would be my dream phone but now I know for sure that its 1cm shorter than it could of been.

I understand that they are trying to cater to people who want the belt, but in my case it takes it one step futher from what I'M looking for in a phone.
    auditman likes this.
    04-27-14 05:59 PM
    Q10 and Q5 were inspired by P9981. They were exceptions to the norm.

Q20 is the norm. It is quintessential.
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-10-14 10:38 AM
    If we can get all of the magical moments of Blackberry OS with all the new-fangled goodness of BB10, then I think Blackberry will have a winner on its hands.
    05-10-14 02:16 PM
456 ... 1516171819