I think that in the last 6 months or so, I have not received one single message from an iphone user that did not contain severe typos.
    But they all claim to "....not having any problems with typing on the iphone....".
    Sigh. What a marketing genuis Steve Jobs was.
    And it isn't just messages. Typing a search in safari? Takes twice as long and very frustrating. Typing a search in app store. Same thing. Any typing experience is affected by that crummy keyboard. The iphone does a lot quite well, ease of use of keyboard is not one of them.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-20-14 07:25 AM
    Actually, many users are returning back to the Bold 9900 because of the trackpad. Over here in Singapore, there are still plenty of Q10 devices available but the Bold 9900 is hot property, even in the resale market.

I bought a Bold 9900 just this week precisely because of the trackpad and the tools belt. Tried the Q10 for about a week but it just cannot match the speed of use like the Bold 9900.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    beedoubleu and acovey like this.
    03-20-14 08:16 AM
    The q10 is an awesome phone. The only reason I haven't bought it is because it has no trackpad. For me, the q20 is looking like the only device able to convince me to give up my 9810. Trackpad is essential for me, it is a no brainer because of its incredible usefulness. Got my money. Now give us a taste already Chen..... please.
    acovey likes this.
    03-20-14 08:31 AM
    Yeah I agree.. I have used and use friends' iPhones. I like the phones.. but those phones aren't for 'pounding out the messages'..
    Their touchscreen keyboard must be the worst..

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2156 as of 3.14.2014!
    acovey likes this.
    03-20-14 05:49 PM
    Going backwards to the trackpad is a terrible idea to me. BlackBerry should be moving forward with fresh designs

Posted with none other than the Zed 10
    03-20-14 11:00 PM
    Going backwards to the trackpad is a terrible idea to me. BlackBerry should be moving forward with fresh designs

Could you explain how the trackpad is a bad idea. Or what might be a better way to give power users the fine control we've been begging for? Because the touchscreen isn't cutting it.
    Johberry and acovey like this.
    03-21-14 12:02 AM
    For a device that has not yet been released, a label like "annoying" is quite plausible, especially on the internet. However, after reading that the hypothetical device is "so unbelievably annoying", I can't help but think that we have lost perspective.

When all is said and done, it is just a smartphone!
    03-21-14 01:40 AM

A full touchscreen is a fresh design?

No offence to the Z devices but the slate design format is hardly fresh.

Posted via Z10
    acovey likes this.
    03-21-14 02:14 AM
    A full touchscreen is a fresh design?

No offence to the Z devices but the slate design format is hardly fresh.

Posted via Z10
    What? A full touchscreen is totally fresh, I mean, it's only 1 of like the 99.9% of smartphones out there. LOL

Yes, I agree with you. I hate it when a friend gets a new smartphone and they simply show it to me. Literally, every time I'm like "um, what am I looking at? That your same old phone right?" LOL. Seriously, don't do that people, please explain what it is you have...
    acovey likes this.
    03-21-14 02:25 AM
    For a device that has not yet been released, a label like "annoying" is quite plausible, especially on the internet. However, after reading that the hypothetical device is "so unbelievably annoying", I can't help but think that we have lost perspective.

When all is said and done, it is just a smartphone!
    An over exaggeration my part... that I felt was bleedingly obvious but I suppose nothing is when written and left to interpretation.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    03-21-14 10:07 AM
    Could you explain how the trackpad is a bad idea. Or what might be a better way to give power users the fine control we've been begging for? Because the touchscreen isn't cutting it.
    Ditto. As much as I love my Q10, I miss the efficiency of my Bold 9900 e.g. both the trackpad and the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-21-14 12:05 PM
    To me it gives the message "Not even we're sold on BB10, why should you be?"

Would that work for enterprise? Perhaps. Will this make it harder to get consumers back on board? Most definitely.

On a side note, did anyone call the five buttons the "belt"/the "tool belt" before last week?

Posted via CB10
    I have been on this site for years and never heard it called a belt of any sort. I will say this I love my z30 but I'm not sold on there virtual keyboard. I make a lot of mistakes compared to my iPhone. I would like a physical keyboard back.
    03-21-14 05:27 PM
    disagree completely. Had a Q10 for 6 months and can do everything on it. Sent it in for repair and got a 9900 as a loaner and was way happier. like shaking hands with an old friend. On top of this I've had an iphone and a galaxy. I was touch screen for a full year and went back happily. This will be the only phone on the market for people who don't want touch screen. What's wrong with cornering a market?
    acovey likes this.
    03-21-14 05:55 PM
    Dude, it's not about BlackBerry 10, it's about BlackBerry users. The customer is always right and if many of them want a track pad then it's right to put out the Q20.
    03-21-14 07:14 PM
    we are all creatures of habit. i used to love the trackpad i missed it very badly when i didnt have it. But i cannot see myself going back to it now that i got used to my Q10. Having said that i will definitely get the device and give it a shot but i highly doubt i would ever go back.
    I like alot of Q10 users would like to see a 20% larger size Q10 . thats all
    03-22-14 06:18 PM
    The trackpad will be the most accurate way to work a cellphone...better than anything else on the market. and people thinks it's going backwards.
    03-22-14 07:54 PM
    I guess they're trying to get OS7 users to move up to BB10. I'm happy with my OS 7 phone and doubt I'll be moving up BB10 anytime soon unless there was a reallu good deal. On the one hand I can see why Blackberry wants legacy users to move to the 10 platform, but if you're happy with OS 7 what's the big deal?
    acovey likes this.
    03-22-14 09:45 PM
    I can understand that, I like being able to do stuff with one hand, which I can do with the trackpad.
    acovey likes this.
    03-22-14 09:47 PM
    You are so correct! What's the big deal with accomodating a segment of your customer base. I think Chen is smart, why can't Blackberry appeal to all?
    acovey likes this.
    03-22-14 09:52 PM
    In the US, we have a little something called LTE. It's a pretty big deal.
    but if you're happy with OS 7 what's the big deal?
    03-22-14 10:55 PM
    So is Ron Burgandy.
    03-23-14 12:09 AM
    The first smartphone:

Anybody see a trackpad or navigation buttons there? Could it be possible those were IMPROVEMENTS on the original design?
    03-23-14 04:55 PM
    The trackpad will be the most accurate way to work a cellphone...better than anything else on the market. and people thinks it's going backwards.
    It is just an odd response: only advancing if we only have an all-touch device.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:20 PM
    OP, I tip my hat to you. I agree, a hundred percent. Also, you stated your opinion very civilly and clearly. I liked it.

I too think that the BELT is a step backwards. I'm not sure if I will upgrade to another BB 10 device in the future (only because I'd like to explore the workings of a Nokia Lumia device or a Sony Xperia, not because I don't love BlackBerry!); but if they made a Q10 with a bigger screen size; or even a Torch-like model (and they've already made the Bold and Curve BB's in brand-new OS 10 fashion, so why stop there?), then I would be tempted to try those out. But I would not buy a BELT device, even if the screen size was a little larger. I love my Q10. The combination of touch versus keyboard is purely amazing. For the first time ever, the itch to get a new phone isn't a strong force - I'm thinking about it, sure, but I don't plan to cancel out my contract too early. I guess we'll see what happens with the Q20. I don't like it, but I won't be buying it; so it's not *really* my problem. But it still bothers me, for I think that, as a company, it is a step backwards for BlackBerry.
    dayno25 likes this.
    03-23-14 06:32 PM
    I adore my Q10, but I miss the trackpad and the control buttons, so I'm definitely upgrading to the Q20 once it's out.

I like that BlackBerry is offering different products for different segments of the market, who have varying wants and preferences. There's a high-end full-touch, budget full-touch, high-end qwerty without toolbelt, budget qwerty without toolbelt, high-end qwerty with toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    Paul Callahan and Morty2264 like this.
    03-23-14 07:57 PM
456 ... 1415161718 ...