Totally agree with this.
    Keyboard is not just a typing pad. It's a programmable pad.
    And people who depend that much on a smartphone to even deliberately choose a qwerty phone usually carry some kind of all slab touch phone or respective tablets as well to augument anyway.
    BB10, iPhone, Androids or WP are all essentially in the same category.
    03-08-14 08:40 PM
    And people who depend that much on a smartphone to even deliberately choose a qwerty phone usually carry some kind of all slab touch phone or respective tablets as well to augument anyway.
    Guess I'm unusual then, since I've no all-touch device at all.
    acovey likes this.
    03-08-14 08:56 PM
    Guess I'm unusual then, since I've no all-touch device at all.
    Me too.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-08-14 09:51 PM
    Could you please be more specific? Ha!
    03-09-14 01:38 PM
    @mohavewolfpup

I don't think anyone here is making a statement against all BlackBerry phones, just that they don't like the idea of the track pad coming back.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-09-14 03:50 PM
    They are thinking of catering to the tons of people who apparently appealed to John Chen for it.
    That's what I think. I think when J Chen arrived he met with their larger corporate accounts -- their top customers -- and asked what they wanted to see changed in order to ensure they stay on board. And track pad and call and end buttons were at the top of list hardware wise.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    acovey likes this.
    03-09-14 03:57 PM

Quote deleted by moderator.
    I'll admit, I stopped reading when you wrote "you have no right to an opinion" lol

I agree with slagman (WHAT?!?), I love BlackBerry just no the toolbelt coming back. Chill, bro.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 03-09-14 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Quoted inappropriate post.
    03-09-14 04:34 PM
    I agree with slagman (WHAT?!?), I love BlackBerry just no the toolbelt coming back. Chill, bro.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    Dayno and slagman in agreement? Mods close the thread!

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-09-14 04:45 PM
    As a former blackberry user i'm glad the tool belt is coming back. i left blackberry because the OS, app eco system and devices were lagging too far behind. switched to apple and overall i was content. still miss the efficiency of having a keyboard w/ toolbelt. I understand that touchscreens have their own conveniences, but its not the same. the perfect solution for me would be to combine the two, and that's what the q20 offers. just my opinion. haven't tried bbos10 but theres no point as the apps that i need isn't offered for blackberry.

i see the q20 as a forward step for blackberry, by listening to their customers and offering what many people want. theyre still offering all touch screen options and i'm sure that blackberry will continue to do so going forward. I still won't drop my iphone 5s, but am planning on opening up a second line with the q20 to use just for business and work communication purposes as opening second lines is cheap nowadays.

I can't drop the iphone because blackberry still doesn't have what google, apple, and microsoft has and that is big software/app ecosystem. this is why blackberry will never be a real competitor for the general consumer. unless blackberry develops an desktop OS or google like services, but that's never going to happen.

I'm going to play arm chair ceo for a second, and say that imo the only way for blackberry to succeed as a business is to go after its niche customers... the business users. thats the only segment they were truly successful with and only ones they can get back in the future. They should focus on providing mobile security services, and secure hardware with unparalleled efficiency options. I think theyre doing the right thing by offering people the option to bring their own devices to use and have blackberry secure it, or use an already secure and ultra productive blackberry device. they need to make their devices with unique productivity apps and hardware features not offered by apple and google such as dual sim cards, ptt bbm button for nextel like communications, stylus pen for writing signatures or what not, super long lasting batteries, rugged construction option, screen finger print unlocking option, etc. i'm not suggesting to make dozens of phones like blackberry used to, but focus on quality with just a select few phones and offer everything with it. forget main stream slim sexy phone with the highest specs, because blackberry isn't capable of beating its competition in that regard. they're always trying to play catch up. do the things that you're competitors are neglecting and you can maintain a strong hold with your niche clientele and a profitable business... build the best mobile device for business.

forget trying to be the number 2 or 3 OS. never going to happen. just be a very good small niche provider of business services and maintain that market share. the mass mainstream user is never going to lean towards blackberry.
    03-09-14 06:40 PM
    I still feel BlackBerry would have been better off continuing to promote their faith in the BlackBerry 10 OS experience by pumping out hardware that is best suited for the OS i.e. no toolbelt.
    Better off continuing to circle the drain? Okay.

I still feel that BlackBerry would be better off still having that faith in BlackBerry 10 to continue to push devices targeted at Apple, Android and WP users instead of primarily Legacy users. As thurask mentioned earlier in thread, it's like they've lost faith in what this OS is capable of.
    There is no OS, none, that is capable of doing everything well using only touch input. Accepting the reality of this is in no way losing faith in BB10.

BlackBerry has less chance of drawing someone who is already using what 60% of his friends are using by offering another iPhone clone, than they have of getting OS7 users to buy a BB10 phone by making a new iteration of the product they are famous for.
    acovey likes this.
    03-09-14 07:15 PM
    I just sold both my Q10 and Z10 to be exclusively iPhone. And I'm pretty excited about the prospects of a slightly larger iPhone 6. But I'm already beginning to geek out over the Q20 and I'm pretty sure I'll have one. On opening day.
    Shame on you for selling those phones only to replace them for iPhone? Really? Lol.
    That's crazy.. even a larger iPhone is still the same soon to be outdated OS.. im looking forward to Q20.. may get a Z30 sometime just as an accessory like a mini playbook sort of thing.. but iPhone? I would've tried an Android of some type.. mix things up a little bit : )

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2102 as of 2.14.2014!
    03-10-14 01:19 AM
    Better off continuing to circle the drain? Okay.

There is no OS, none, that is capable of doing everything well using only touch input. Accepting the reality of this is in no way losing faith in BB10.

BlackBerry has less chance of drawing someone who is already using what 60% of his friends are using by offering another iPhone clone, than they have of getting OS7 users to buy a BB10 phone by making a new iteration of the product they are famous for.
    I still say bringing the toolbelt back is the way to go.. the best of both worlds.. all the necessary physical keys (for those who like physical keys/keyboards) and the touchscreen to go with it.
    As a tradesman.. I get more done when I'm wearing my toolbelt.

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2102 as of 2.14.2014!
    acovey likes this.
    03-10-14 01:23 AM

forget trying to be the number 2 or 3 OS. never going to happen. just be a very good small niche provider of business services and maintain that market share. the mass mainstream user is never going to lean towards blackberry.
    Yep you got it. And being say number three is not doing windows phone a lot of good. Not yet. You'd have to peel off a substantial part of the market.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 02:11 AM
    I feel the same way, I love my Q10 and was so looking forward to a bigger screen and some awesome new design. Not the toolbelt as you put it. I truly hope they still keep this option as a flagship and give us Q30 with better specks and bigger screen.
    03-11-14 07:47 AM
    I feel the same way, I love my Q10 and was so looking forward to a bigger screen and some awesome new design. Not the toolbelt as you put it. I truly hope they still keep this option as a flagship and give us Q30 with better specks and bigger screen.
    The Q20 should have the better specs (not specks) as it is obviously meant for the best humans.
    03-11-14 12:06 PM
    Blackberry is just trying to keep up with the competition so they are experimenting on what phones people like. U should switch to iphone. I had a blackberry and I found that the company was trying to hard to get back into the competition
    03-19-14 06:15 AM
    Blackberry is just trying to keep up with the competition so they are experimenting on what phones people like. U should switch to iphone. I had a blackberry and I found that the company was trying to hard to get back into the competition
    Why, if true at all, is that a reason to switch to iphone? I don't understand.
    acovey likes this.
    03-19-14 08:41 AM
    Yah, trying to appeal to the business people holding on to legacy BB devices is really "trying to hard" (it's "too" BTW...) to get back into competition with iphone... That makes perfect sense...
    03-19-14 08:58 AM
    If I was a "business" person issued a company phone, I wouldn't want to use an iPhone. I could barely stand it for personal use when I had one, so I can't imagine using one for "business" use. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 01:26 PM
    If I was a "business" person issued a company phone, I wouldn't want to use an iPhone. I could barely stand it for personal use when I had one, so I can't imagine using one for "business" use. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    I have said this about 100 times on other threads. Typing on the iphone is a very frustrating experience for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:14 PM
    I had a dog once, was always eager to please, always happy to see me, that damned dog tried so damned hard I had to take him straight down the dog pound, bought myself a goldfish.

Well just thought you might relate to my story?
    03-19-14 04:47 PM
    I have said this about 100 times on other threads. Typing on the iphone is a very frustrating experience for me.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it was very frustrating for me as well! For me, it wasn't just typing but the pathetic battery life and the fact that my power button broke within 2-3 months. I've admitted in other threads as well that I was an iPhone 5 user for a year. In fact, I got it mainly because it was more convenient for both my job and my family. Now that I no longer have that job and don't need such-and-such app for work, I was more than happy to give it up and buy a new Blackberry. I learned my lesson and will continue to use a phone with a physical keyboard because it is just a better experience for me.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-19-14 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think that in the last 6 months or so, I have not received one single message from an iphone user that did not contain severe typos.
    But they all claim to "....not having any problems with typing on the iphone....".
    Sigh. What a marketing genuis Steve Jobs was.
    acovey likes this.
    03-19-14 05:11 PM
    I think that in the last 6 months or so, I have not received one single message from an iphone user that did not contain severe typos.
    But they all claim to "....not having any problems with typing on the iphone....".
    Sigh. What a marketing genuis Steve Jobs was.
    Same with Android users. Any problem hey have is "not a big deal."
    acovey likes this.
    03-19-14 08:40 PM
    Did you know that another way for selecting texts is by holding Alt and then with another finger swiping in the text that you want to select.
    Sorry for bad English

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Holy crap! You just made copying and pasting a million times easier for me. I'm a mechanic with callus in my finger tips, so you can imagine how hard it is to select the little balloon!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:27 PM
456 ... 1314151617 ...