I would think people that like the Z10 would be hanging out in the Z10 forum. People that like the Q10, in the Q10 forum.

Again, if you don't like a phone, why waste time hanging out in that forum and bashing it? Does that not seem a little childish?
    One would think but human nature prevails.
    03-04-14 11:26 AM
    But why whine and cry about a phone you will never buy??

That's like saying I can't have or share an opinion with anyone about the price of tea in China, because I'm not in China buying tea.

Silly. Ridiculous.

See my previous posts here. Some of us are interested in the general operations and business practices of the company because we like their products in general and would prefer that they don't spend time, money and resources on fools errands, undermining their company's prospects going forward.

Sometimes that entails pursuing devices that we might feel would not succeed in the marketplace.

I'm not necessarily in that camp wrt to the Q20 (as I've stated I would even consider owning one, depending on what it ends up being), but trying to tell people they have no right to have or share an opinion on a planned device simply because they may not be planning to purchase one is ridiculous.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-04-14 04:12 PM
    Everyone has a right to an opinion. They also have the right to think someone else's opinion is stupid.
    03-04-14 05:00 PM
    Everyone has a right to an opinion. They also have the right to think someone else's opinion is stupid.

Yep.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-04-14 05:09 PM
    Yep.
    Yep, and that's my opinion about their opinions. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-04-14 07:49 PM
    A lot of you are totally missing the point.

"If you don't like the phone, STFU and don't buy it"

How about if you don't agree with the VALID points raised about the annoying nature of the release of the Q20, specifically before any announcement of a larger screened physical keyboard device you follow your own advice and STFU and post somewhere else.

At the end of the day a lot of posters here myself included feel pretty strongly about their opinions and they aren't going to change them. Having read through this thread I appreciate the opinions of others I just disagree, respectfully. I still feel BlackBerry would have been better off continuing to promote their faith in the BlackBerry 10 OS experience by pumping out hardware that is best suited for the OS i.e. no toolbelt. I still feel that BlackBerry would be better off still having that faith in BlackBerry 10 to continue to push devices targeted at Apple, Android and WP users instead of primarily Legacy users. As thurask mentioned earlier in thread, it's like they've lost faith in what this OS is capable of.

A lot of people have gone on about how they miss the toolbelt, how it will help with selecting text and answering calls... is it really needed though? IN MY OPINION - no, it isn't.

Had a good laugh at people who weren't prepared to go to the Q10 from Legacy devices because it wasn't good enough for them but somehow an iPhone ticks the transition boxes...

@slagman5 *facepalm* really?
    Mate none of this "complaining" is pointless. It's valid discussion between members of the BlackBerry community. I don't have a voice within decisions made behind the scenes at BlackBerry, and I certainly have zero input into what device comes out next. I do have a voice here, and like it or not there are about just as many people (here) who would like to see a 4" QWERTY device release before the release of a smartphone which shows a lack of trust in new hardware to convert or bring back previous BlackBerry users.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    cascada likes this.
    03-05-14 06:40 AM
    Some people think that chasing after Android and Apple phones would be the kiss of death for Blackberry. And that what has made BB special, is its uniqueness. For all we know, the Q20 could be the ultimate BB device. Guess time will tell.

A lot of you are totally missing the point.

"If you don't like the phone, STFU and don't buy it"

How about if you don't agree with the VALID points raised about the annoying nature of the release of the Q20, specifically before any announcement of a larger screened physical keyboard device you follow your own advice and STFU and post somewhere else.

At the end of the day a lot of posters here myself included feel pretty strongly about their opinions and they aren't going to change them. Having read through this thread I appreciate the opinions of others I just disagree, respectfully. I still feel BlackBerry would have been better off continuing to promote their faith in the BlackBerry 10 OS experience by pumping out hardware that is best suited for the OS i.e. no toolbelt. I still feel that BlackBerry would be better off still having that faith in BlackBerry 10 to continue to push devices targeted at Apple, Android and WP users instead of primarily Legacy users. As thurask mentioned earlier in thread, it's like they've lost faith in what this OS is capable of.

A lot of people have gone on about how they miss the toolbelt, how it will help with selecting text and answering calls... is it really needed though? IN MY OPINION - no, it isn't.

Had a good laugh at people who weren't prepared to go to the Q10 from Legacy devices because it wasn't good enough for them but somehow an iPhone ticks the transition boxes...

@slagman5 *facepalm* really?
    Mate none of this "complaining" is pointless. It's valid discussion between members of the BlackBerry community. I don't have a voice within decisions made behind the scenes at BlackBerry, and I certainly have zero input into what device comes out next. I do have a voice here, and like it or not there are about just as many people (here) who would like to see a 4" QWERTY device release before the release of a smartphone which shows a lack of trust in new hardware to convert or bring back previous BlackBerry users.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    03-05-14 09:30 AM
    The Q20 will be the ultimate device, as long as BB doesn't take away from the features currently on the Q10, such as camera, media card capacity, processor etc. Discussing whether or not a belt is necessary at this point really is like beating a dead horse. Necessary in this case means nothing more than what makes people happy enough to buy the phone and increase sales. Enough people have spoken that BB has taken notice and decided to bring the features back. It's been determined that the features are workable into BB10. This has all been done, folks. Water under the bridge. Oh yeah, and just for the record - I told you so
    03-05-14 10:28 AM
    I am excited about the Q20. I previously used the Bold 9930. It was a great phone and probably the best pure communications device ever released. I now have a Z10 and I love it and I think BB10 is awesome for a pure touch phone and certain apps obviously (games in particular) will be experienced much better on a pure touch device.

Having said that, I couldn't see myself wanting a Q10. If I gave up the full screen for the keyboard I want to maximize productivity. I do a lot of note taking at meetings on my Z10, emails and of course lots of messaging. Trying to select and edit text with your fingers is a pain, and it would be even worse on the Q10 with the smaller screen. For Skype, viewing web pages, games and some other apps I feel like I need the full screen but there are times I really miss using the 9930, I never wish I had a Q10. The only advantage of Q10 over the bold is the up to date apps and faster browser and network.

The way I see it is the 9930 worked perfectly well without the touch screen. The touch feature was an add-on that added value to certain tasks such as scrolling through emails or a web page and selecting multiple messages to delete. The Q10 is nothing without touch. It is a half sized Z10 with a keyboard dangling from it that only adds value when typing and takes away value when doing anything else because your fingers will still be on the screen and not the keyboard.

By returning the tool belt, the phone will hopefully be able to be used primary from the keyboard again and the touch screen can be used in situations where it is more convenient.
    03-05-14 11:04 AM
    That's not quite true, in my opinion. The Keyboard allows for shortcuts, which means speed. No way a touch screen can keep up. And the keyboard with OS10 means even more speed, without considering the data factor.
    I am excited about the Q20. I previously used the Bold 9930. It was a great phone and probably the best pure communications device ever released. I now have a Z10 and I love it and I think BB10 is awesome for a pure touch phone and certain apps obviously (games in particular) will be experienced much better on a pure touch device.

Having said that, I couldn't see myself wanting a Q10. If I gave up the full screen for the keyboard I want to maximize productivity. I do a lot of note taking at meetings on my Z10, emails and of course lots of messaging. Trying to select and edit text with your fingers is a pain, and it would be even worse on the Q10 with the smaller screen. For Skype, viewing web pages, games and some other apps I feel like I need the full screen but there are times I really miss using the 9930, I never wish I had a Q10. The only advantage of Q10 over the bold is the up to date apps and faster browser and network.

The way I see it is the 9930 worked perfectly well without the touch screen. The touch feature was an add-on that added value to certain tasks such as scrolling through emails or a web page and selecting multiple messages to delete. The Q10 is nothing without touch. It is a half sized Z10 with a keyboard dangling from it that only adds value when typing and takes away value when doing anything else because your fingers will still be on the screen and not the keyboard.

By returning the tool belt, the phone will hopefully be able to be used primary from the keyboard again and the touch screen can be used in situations where it is more convenient.
    03-05-14 11:15 AM
    @ dayno25:
    although I'm looking forward to the Q20 and therefore disagree with you, I respect your opinion.
    But who told you they will "...target primarily legacy users..."?
    The Q20 will be for legacy users who want t keyboard and belt, yes. And maybe for some others.
    But there will more offerings, with and without keys, and with and without belt.
    03-05-14 11:35 AM
    Two reasons I would love to have the belt:

-ability to end a call instantly. If I'm on a long call, not only do you have to pw unlock the device, swipe up from whatever screen you might have been on, tap the phone app or icon, potentially get back to the phone screen if you were on the dial pad screen, THEN hang up. I want to end a call with one click of the End key.

-ability to quickly select multiple messages for actions. Right now, long pressing on one, then tapping Select more, then tapping each message one at a time is ridiculous.

Give me a taller phone, I don't care. I want a taller screen and the belt. I like that they are listening. Incorporating a feature from a previous device doesn't mean going backwards. It means incorporating the best of what BlackBerry has ever done.
    acovey likes this.
    03-05-14 11:51 AM
    ^ good points.
    03-05-14 12:01 PM
    So, you're ****-hurt that they made an announcement for people who wanted the tool belt before they made an announcement for people like yourself? Is there anything else they need to cater specifically to you your highness?

Did you express all kinds of annoyed feelings when they announced the Z10 before the Q10 in the beginning?

I am not at all a fan of all-touch, and when the Z10 was the only device coming out, sure I wasn't happy that they didn't cater specifically for me and my preference for a keyboard. But the furthest I went was express that I'll be waiting to see their qwerty device.

Same with this situation. Sure they only made the Q20 official, but they also made it clear a non-toolbelt keyboard device is also coming. So like how I simply waited after the announcement of the Z10 for their qwerty, you guys should wait after this announcement of the Q20 for their announcement of the next Q device without the tool belt.

Sorry again that your opinion and preference was not given a top priority over those of other people with different opinions and priorities...

No mate my **** is fine but thanks for checking on it's status.

By the by, just as others share your view, others share mine too. I have explained a few times now why I feel it would have been a better move to run with a different device other than the Q20, or at the very least before it but you seem to be consistently harping along the lines that BlackBerry should do what I want specifically... I don't think my opinion is any more relevant that anyone elses either, I'm not sure where you're getting that from - It's just my view.

"Is there anything else they need to cater specifically to you your highness?"

I am flattered you see me as some sort of royalty but frankly I think you're being a little childish. If you're as keen as you say you are on the Q20 start your own thread and speak with other like minded individuals who are just as keen as you. I'm not really even sure why you continue to post here... Are you trying to convince me or others that share my views that you and you are alone are somehow 'correct'? And we should all think like you? How can you be correct about MY view?

Get it right mate, I among others don't like the timing of this phone plain and simple. You among others are incredibly excited by this phone. Fantastic... Two BB fans with differing opinions - who cares? Start your own thread and boast about your titillation there.
    03-05-14 04:40 PM
    Right move or wrong move..who cares? More Blackberry's are coming and that's good.
    03-05-14 04:54 PM

By the by, just as others share your view, others share mine too. I have explained a few times now why I feel it would have been a better move to run with a different device other than the Q20, or at the very least before it but you seem to be consistently harping along the lines that BlackBerry should do what I want specifically... I don't think my opinion is any more relevant that anyone elses either, I'm not sure where you're getting that from - It's just my view.

I am flattered you see me as some sort of royalty but frankly I think you're being a little childish. If you're as keen as you say you are on the Q20 start your own thread and speak with other like minded individuals who are just as keen as you. I'm not really even sure why you continue to post here... Are you trying to convince me or others that share my views that you and you are alone are somehow 'correct'? And we should all think like you? How can you be correct about MY view?

Get it right mate, I among others don't like the timing of this phone plain and simple. You among others are incredibly excited by this phone. Fantastic... Two BB fans with differing opinions - who cares? Start your own thread and boast about your titillation there.
    Nothing wrong with some healthy debate on issues. As I said in a prior post too, it is perfectly legitimate to question if it is the right move for BlackBerry or if there is enough desire out there for the Q20. I defer to John Chen's judgment after he has been making the rounds.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-05-14 05:39 PM

The difference is, had they announced a qwerty device without a belt, I wouldn't be going around complaining about why they announced that style of device before one with the belt... If I'm not interested in that format, I'd say that I'm not, why I'm not, and that I wish those who do prefer it would enjoy it while I wait for the announcement of a format I do like...

03-05-14 06:41 PM
    I love my Q10.
    I would love a Q20 even more.. I love toolbelt.. I wore them for years as an electrician.

Blackberry is doing great things.
    They are making progress. Makes me a proud wanna be Canadian.

Love what John Chen has been doing and all of the Blackberry team.

Love the CrackBerry community and it's love for one another.

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2102 as of 2.14.2014!
    03-06-14 06:35 PM
    I love my Q10.
    I would love a Q20 even more.. I love toolbelt.. I wore them for years as an electrician.

Blackberry is doing great things.
    They are making progress. Makes me a proud wanna be Canadian.

Love what John Chen has been doing and all of the Blackberry team.

Love the CrackBerry community and it's love for one another.

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2102 as of 2.14.2014!
    Crackberry Haiku.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:19 PM
    Not sure what they are thinking with bring back the crappy track pad. They should bring back the ball as well. Gag!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:28 PM
    Spoken like a Z10 user.
    Not sure what they are thinking with bring back the crappy track pad. They should bring back the ball as well. Gag!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    They are thinking of catering to the tons of people who apparently appealed to John Chen for it. By the looks of these forums, pre and post Q20 announcement, there is a market out there for it.

People could have said with the Q10 announcement, "the time of physical keyboards has passed."

People could have also said with any Z series announcement, "BlackBerry's aren't BlackBerry's without a physical keyboard.".
    Many people might

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    03-06-14 08:02 PM
    I just sold both my Q10 and Z10 to be exclusively iPhone. And I'm pretty excited about the prospects of a slightly larger iPhone 6. But I'm already beginning to geek out over the Q20 and I'm pretty sure I'll have one. On opening day.
    03-07-14 09:54 PM
    Time to lighten up. Every member, regardless of which device they use, is entitled to his/her opinion and is welcome to post their thoughts. I hate repeating myself, but...

Discuss, debate, disagree -- but don't get personal.

As for the Q20? I'm fully invested in the BB 10 touch screen experience (currently Z30). But I think that the Q20 will be a valid, successful device.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-08-14 06:44 PM
    The Keyboard allows for shortcuts, which means speed. No way a touch screen can keep up. And the keyboard with OS10 means even more speed, without considering the data factor.
    Totally agree with this.
    Keyboard is not just a typing pad. It's a programmable pad.
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    03-08-14 06:58 PM
456 ... 1213141516 ...