ok this is exactly how i feel. just as i was 'getting used' to life post trackpad (9900) and accepting the trackpad-less q10 as the 'future', we get the annoucement the trackpad q20 is now the future. feel kinda bummed actually. luckily i have just yesterday returned my 2nd �350 q10 for a full refund before the return period ran out.

i love bb10 os and it's dark theme. and i love feeling like i am holding a phone rather than a slab in my hand. and if the q20 is gonna be of the same premium rock solid build quality of the q10, then i'm in
    It's not THIS or THAT will be the future. At least not now, before a clear trend has developed. There will be BB10 classic (trackpad) and BB10 "genuine" (swipe only) devices. So you will have the freedom of choice.
    03-01-14 11:49 AM
    but other than size preference there's really no reason to functionally prefer the Z10 over the Z30.
    The replaceable battery is another point for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:11 PM
    I can't wait for the 20. Even though I will be between contracts I will probably buy one outright.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I think having that 'toolbelt' will be much better..not to mention if they increase screen size atleast a little bit.. loved having the call/menu/end call keys & trackpad.. son of a..
    It'll suck to have this q10 sitting around.. maybe somebody would buy off of craigslist or ebay..

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2102 as of 2.14.2014!
    03-01-14 12:47 PM
    Yeah I think having that 'toolbelt' will be much better..not to mention if they increase screen size atleast a little bit.. loved having the call/menu/end call keys & trackpad.. son of a..
    It'll suck to have this q10 sitting around.. maybe somebody would buy off of craigslist or ebay..

Posted from my Q10 (TMobile) Running OS 10.2.1.2102 as of 2.14.2014!
    my thoughts too. the belt + bb10 = a killer combo in my eyes
    acovey likes this.
    03-01-14 01:07 PM
    So you think the core Blackberry user cares how a phone looks? Interesting.
    Having a phone that is rectangular-ish is sooo 2012. Phones should be round like CD's!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-01-14 02:14 PM
    i am like the op a tad skeptical, even if i can imagine how i'd use the trackpad to scroll or browse internet and documents...
    but as he correctly pointed out: the screen estate is the priority if you want to make the Q20 better than its predecessor.
    Passing from 3.1" to 3.5" is ridiculously ditherer, i'm pretty sure for example the problem browsing pictures on BBM channels (at times you only see one third of a picture preview...)will not be resolved by adding 0.4" .
    They should propose at least a 3.9" screen to assure a comfortable browsing experience.
    There's though a good news! Remember Kevin Michaluk introducing the new Q20 specs (There will be many BlackBerry "Classic" models like the Q20 | CrackBerry.com)
    "Classic - With a physical keyboard and the "tool belt" making its return, this is where the new Q20 fits in. This is the iconic BlackBerry experience that so many longtime BlackBerry users still love. It may not be a huge growth opportunity, but this is giving those loyal BlackBerry users what they want. Note, don't take the re-introduction of the toolbelt on the Q20 to mean they won't make another Q10-like device without it.

So maybe the Classic will be the 'legacy users' smuggler and we may even see a 4" screen Q30 after him?
    Whatever, if they don't leak out some Q30 mock-up when the 'Classic' hits the shelves i'll buy the tool-belted right away because 3.5" isn't enough but it's still better than 3.1" (but a Q30 with Z30 width and 4" screen would have my preference)
    This! Channels is pretty much so frustrating and uncomfortable to use on the Q, it renders it pointless to use at all...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 03:19 PM
    Come on, you can't be serious.
    Who will get upset about a vendor releasing a successor (or let's call it "alternative") with more/different/enhanced features, more than one year after the current device got released.

You might be surprised at the kinds of things people come up with to get angry about then.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    03-01-14 03:48 PM
    You might be surprised at the kinds of things people come up with to get angry about then.
    I understand what you are saying.
    However, it cannot and should not influence a company's product strategy that there is a risk for some users of older devices might get upset, once a new model gets released, because their devices will feel outdated. This would be the end of all progress and development.
    03-01-14 04:43 PM
    I understand what you are saying.
    However, it cannot and should not influence a company's product strategy that there is a risk for some users of older devices might get upset, once a new model gets released, because their devices will feel outdated. This would be the end of all progress and development.

Perhaps ironically, it is precisely those users and partisans of older devices who are pushing so hard for a device like the Q20 to be released.
    03-01-14 04:58 PM
    This is exactly right. All blackberry need to do is up the screen size to as big as they can go while keeping the keyboard. I love my Q10, it took a little while adjusting, but now I would 100 percent not go back to the trackpad. So basically the front of the phone should be completely filled by the keyboard and a 4" or more LCD, take off the blackberry logo and I'll never think about getting an iPhone again, its simple. Oh and also get some proper apps included into the app store, im sure that cant be too hard.
    03-01-14 06:18 PM
    Calm your a55 down, bro. Do not let a single phone model get into you so badly :/

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:47 PM
    Perhaps ironically, it is precisely those users and partisans of older devices who are pushing so hard for a device like the Q20 to be released.
    This is correct. But in this particular discussion, I referred to the Q10 as "older device". Even if some of the Q10 users get upset, the company cannot delay or give up rolling out new devices and/or try out alternative designs.
    03-01-14 06:57 PM
    Um, yes, they have... They've clearly made the distinction between this as being a new line they will call the "Classic" line, which means the non-"classic" line will not have the track pad and the buttons...
    I might have missed where BlackBerry committed to another qwerty device (specifically) -- that does not have the belt. I take it as:

Q20 is committed to and has the belt.
    Z3 is committed to and is all screen.

Any other BlackBerry 10 phones that are not classic are up in the air in terms of design. Could be another Q10ish design. Or maybe there will only be classic and then all touch models. Do you have a source link stating they are releasing another Q10 like phone?

Hey maybe I missed it.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 07:42 PM
    I might have missed where BlackBerry committed to another qwerty device (specifically) -- that does not have the belt. I take it as:

Any other BlackBerry 10 phones that are not classic are up in the air in terms of design. Could be another Q10ish design. Or maybe there will only be classic and then all touch models. Do you have a source link stating they are releasing another Q10 like phone?

Hey maybe I missed it.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    You did miss it, there will be a "true" successor to the Q10.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-01-14 08:37 PM

Hey maybe I missed it.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    maybe ...There will be many BlackBerry "Classic" models like the Q20 | CrackBerry.com
    03-01-14 08:39 PM
    Nothing wrong with admitting a mistake, per-se.

The real issues for me - and this is from a person that would actually consider owning a Q20 - are:

• Does the potential revenue justify the cost of designing and producing it?

Foxconn is taking the risk.
    • Does it undermine the company's platform message going forward?

The message is we make the best phone for Enterprise.
    • Is it worth more to the company in terms of direct sales and impact on the company's reputation and platform message than simply producing a truly killer all-touchscreen model that would likely have a vastly broader mainstream appeal? (Does it siphon corporate resources away from such a potentially much more popular product?)

They probably want to sell all their Z10sand 30s first. Can they make a killer device in this year ?
    • Will it be another half-*ssed product that, for example, has such poor OS support that the potential benefits of the buttons and trackpad are squandered?

Like the Z10?
    • Will it be another highly-delayed product that misses its marketing window of opportunity?

Not with Foxconn - we hope.
    • Will its hardware spec be hopelessly outdated the day it becomes available?

Market for Q not spec driven.

Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-01-14 at 09:50 PM.
    03-01-14 08:49 PM
    Chen is taking the risk to keep his base of Legacy users, trying to prevent them from jumping to android or iOs. We'll see if it is the right strategy or not when the sales figures are out.

03-01-14 09:02 PM
    Why the Q20 is so unbelievably annoying-img_00001763_edit.png
    I'm not sure if this is actually the Q20 but if it is. I think it's sexy lol I want it!

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    03-01-14 10:06 PM
    I will buy it and find out for myself. I'm thinking many people did not upgrade to the q10 and they want to get phones in these users hands.
    03-01-14 10:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001763_edit.png 
Views:	378 
Size:	351.6 KB 
ID:	252063
    I'm not sure if this is actually the Q20 but if it is. I think it's sexy lol I want it!

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it has that ******** three-row keyboard, I'm definitely sticking with the Q10. Hopefully if it appears on anything it'll be to the successor to the Q10 and not the Classic line. I hope by Classic they are also referring to the keyboard.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-01-14 10:57 PM
    Why would you be against the keyboard if you got increased screen size? Personally if the left the keyboard the same as 9900, added buttons, trackpad and made the phone bigger, I would be happy.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-02-14 01:47 AM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it has that ******** three-row keyboard, I'm definitely sticking with the Q10. Hopefully if it appears on anything it'll be to the successor to the Q10 and not the Classic line. I hope by Classic they are also referring to the keyboard.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    It won't, it will have the "blackberry patented keyboard" as said in the press release.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-02-14 02:27 AM
    I suppose it is all about choices. You'll have a choise to use trackpad and backbutton or not. Might be convienient with some android apps though.
    03-02-14 11:40 AM
    I suppose it is all about choices. You'll have a choise to use trackpad and backbutton or not. Might be convienient with some android apps though.
    Excellent point, on the android apps.

03-02-14 11:47 AM
    I feel like the tool belt is like giving up on the Q10 form factor but I probably won't be getting a Q20 I'm way too use to my Q10 already

Posted via WHT Q10
    03-02-14 12:27 PM
456 ... 1011121314 ...