you are comparing apple to oranges. BBOS7 is nothing like BB10. BIS, Dirt cheap, much more simple UI (probably the most simple UI of all phones) I had a huge write up about it. BBOS7 is meant to have BELT BB10 completely changed how you use a blackberry so you only need that trackpad which should just be innovatively put in the space bar.
    YOU only need a trackpad, apparently.
    A big number of legacy users wants a trackpad, and physical call begin/end keys.
    02-26-14 01:16 PM
    The announcement of the Q20 has really been eating away at me since I heard about it earlier today. I genuinely am struggling to understand how this benefits the brand and how this shows that John Chen is anything but totally behind BlackBerry 10. There are two main reasons why this got me burning.

1. At the core of BlackBerry 10 is the gestures. Swipe up, swipe down - everything is just a swipe away. I understand that there are many legacy users still out there but manufacturing this phone is kind of like giving up. I reckon give most of these legacy users an existing BB10 device for a less than a month and not many of them are going to want to go back. The gestures render the toolbelt useless, and this phone makes me feel like BlackBerry are taking a massive step backwards.

2. I am currently using a Q10 and I would love a similar phone with a bigger screen. I think it's safe to say most Q10 users would. I realise that the screen on Q20 is bigger but the toolbelt is just taking up room that could have given us the perfect screen size. I really hope we will still see a Q10 like device with a bigger screen and that this toolbelt doesn't hinder any plans or progress to making this happen.

BlackBerry smartphones prior to BlackBerry 10 were terribly behind the competitors in terms of what was available then. They were old, outdated, slow - everything that a phone in today's market cannot compete with. Taking one of these features from those phones and putting it on something great doesn't sit well. At the end of the day, the belt takes up room I'd rather have with my screen and with BlackBerry 10 a toolbelt is just simply not required.
    The Q20 isn't for you then. It's for people who need to be productive with their phones. It's a tool, not a toy. You should buy a Z30.
    02-26-14 01:35 PM
    The Q20 isn't for you then. It's for people who need to be productive with their phones. It's a tool, not a toy. You should buy a Z30.
    No offense but you need to get you head out of the sand. ~50-60wpm typing on the Z30 is no slouch, I know and I used all three variants of the current BlackBerry 10 phones. The efficiency of using a Z30 is actually higher than any of the current BlackBerry 10 devices and it is going to be on near if not still better than anything the Q20 coils possibly offer. The whole "it's a tool not a toy" argument is getting really old, probably as old as the dinosaurs who keep bringing it up. Oh and one other point about the Z30, the larger screen size makes it very easy to do on-screen edits. In almost every case it is faster than I could ever do with my Bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:43 PM
    Q20 will give the best experience on the phone with keyboard. I will not be any longer hesitant when copying and pasting and proofreading. I will get one as soon as it will be on the market. For people who don't like trackpad... just use gestures and there will be other models without trackpad.
    02-26-14 01:44 PM
    Q20 will give the best experience on the phone with keyboard. I will not be any longer hesitant when copying and pasting and proofreading. I will get one as soon as it will be on the market. For people who don't like trackpad... just use gestures and there will be other models without trackpad.
    But it's just sooo annoying.
    02-26-14 02:01 PM
    Not everyone cares about screen size. And even with the row of keys, the screen will still be larger than the Q10.

I'm annoyed that people are annoyed about a new phone.
    Oddsocket and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 02:08 PM
    I guess what is annoying is that the Q20 is a compromise. Some people who NEED a physical keyboard are willing to accept a 3.5 inch screen and a trackpad vs a Q with a larger screen and no trackpad. I will definitely be more inclined to by a Q20 rather than a Z30 because I like the keyboard.

Having said that, I do think that there is a bigger market for a top of the line - Galaxy S5 equivalent - Z50 than the Q20. This applies to both the consumer and Enterprise markets.

I suspect that the Q20 was what they could make now to be ready for the market this year.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-26-14 03:17 PM
    Believe it or not, there is a faction of BlackBerry users (mostly Legacy users) who want physical buttons to answer/deny/hang up phone calls without having to look at their phone.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    and without having to remove gloves in cold weather.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 03:32 PM
    There will be 4 ranges (Affordable, Classic, High-End, Presitge) for people with different needs and budgets.

Buy the one you need and don't bash the people who buy a different BlackBerry to you.
    andreirad, acovey and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 03:34 PM
    There will be 4 ranges (Affordable, Classic, High-End, Presitge) for people with different needs and budgets.

Buy the one you need and don't bash the people who buy a different BlackBerry to you.
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:40 PM
    I'm all for it, anything that's gonna add to #TeamBlackberry10 user base is good. You all complained when the track pad was removed and now your complaining because it's back. This forum is starting to take things wayyy to serious instead of looking at the big picture. Gestures are not for everyone. Telling ppl to learn the gestures or get lost is the reason the market share for devices is the way it is now. Ppl just need to relax lol there's the Z10 Z30 Q10 if your not satisfied.

BBM: 2B1F4D96
    Channels: C00121E43

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    02-26-14 03:45 PM
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    Why not bash?

Cos it's a form of harassment/bullying.
    Oddsocket and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 04:42 PM
    I can't understand why so much hate!
    This is not directed at the OP but to ALL those who have been hating so much...
    Apple fanboys love everything Apple does and everything else is crap ...
    Android fanboys hate everything from Apple which isn't available on Android and postulate that everything else was invented by Android earlier.
    Windows Phone fanboys ... do not seem to exist

And finally BB fanboys hate everything from BlackBerry which is not what they want
    02-26-14 04:45 PM
    Apple fanboys love everything Apple does and everything else is crap ...
    Android fanboys hate everything from Apple which isn't available on Android and postulate that everything else was invented by Android earlier.
    Windows Phone fanboys ... do not seem to exist

And finally BB fanboys hate everything from BlackBerry which is not what they want
    By jove!! You've figured it out and hit the nail on the noggin'!!

What are we going to do with the Windows Phone fan-type person when we find one?
    02-26-14 05:03 PM
    Not everyone cares about screen size. And even with the row of keys, the screen will still be larger than the Q10.

I'm annoyed that people are annoyed about a new phone.
    ^ x 10. Good lord people.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:49 PM
    The premise of this thread seems to imply that you can only buy a Q20. There's a few BBs out there with plenty of screen sizes... sheesh.

It's different strokes. Some people miss the trackpad, why not make a phone for them if there's a desire for it? Isn't it that simple? This isn't like iPhone with only ONE choice.
    Last edited by hazenjonas; 02-26-14 at 05:56 PM. Reason: misspellll
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 05:54 PM
    The premise of this thread seems to imply that you can only buy a Q20. There's a few BBs out there with plenty of screen sizes... sheesh.

It's different strokes. Some people miss the trackpad, why not make a phone for them if there's a desire for it? Isn't it that simple? This isn't like iPhone with only ONE choice.
    You have 2 choices of iPhone, 5C and 5S
    (couldn't resist)
    JAS0NB0URNE and hazenjonas like this.
    02-26-14 06:28 PM
    Trackpad = unparalleled one hand usage

My only gripe is the naming of the device, it shouldn't have been the Q series.

C30, B30, R30 or even W30 would have made much more sense but BBRY is playing on "flagship" card on us to upgrade. At least for the time being until next no trackpad Q*0 is released.
    02-26-14 06:37 PM
    I am not quite about this phone either. When average consumers look to purchase a mobile device, they look at comfort and size - size as in screen. It is no longer the size of the phone because screen width now determines the overall mobile device dimensions. This is where the problem lies with this phone.

The screen being slight bigger may appease. Like another contributor to this thread wrote, the belt takes up what could have been an increase in screen size. That being said, BlackBerry plans to make QWERTY devices in likes of the Q10 without the trackbelt. I was actually hoping to see a highend device instead of the so called Q20 - a flaghship device with no specs listing. This leaves us wondering what's under the hood...

My other concern is that the device may be or should I say already perceived as a move backwards because of its design. We moved away from trackbelt to bring gestures, why would we go back? Leave the stagnant design development to the likes of Apple and Samsung. S5 looks like the S4 with a slightly bigger screen. But in an attempt to maintain customer base we went back to an old design in hopes of moving legacy device owners to BlackBerry 10. The issue here is not of design. The lack thereof is one of software, fear of change and most of all the large number of organizations who have not upgraded their BlackBerry infrastructure forcing their employees to be seen with legacy devices.

I'll bet my last coin that there are more company deployed legacy users than outright sale owners. If Blackberry is lure legacy users to BlackBerry 10 OS and devices, why not start of the organizations. I understand getting to CIOs and CFOs is no easy task but this is where the problem lies - within the organizations. For instance, I live in Australia and a big bank here National Australian Bank (NAB) still has it BlackBerry users on legacy devices. NAB is massive. While I do not bank with NAB, I don't think they have an app built for Blackberry devices either.

Like everyone else, I guess I will have to sit back and await for rise or stagnant life of my beloved BlackBerry.
    dejanh likes this.
    02-26-14 07:32 PM
    The Gestures DO NOT RENDER the toolbelt useless.

This is typical of a non-bb core user who has never had a belt.

-no more accidental calls
    -can answer and drop calls 1 handed no look. *you know youve done this many times when you forgot your phone on in important situations* boom off in 1 second with no eyes.
    -back button is close to the keyboard...wont slow down typing as you stay in position as you type. *THIS IS HUGE*
    -editing on the Q10 feels like a HUGE SPEED BUMP. using track pad will speed it up dramatically and while still in the typing position. *your hands*
    -easier to get to hub with 1 touch of the menu button now. then swipe down *via trackpad* to text and boom start typing. All while still in the typing position.

The Q20 only aids in the bb10 design. Can the OS be fine without it? yes. I love my q10. But can the OS be used faster and more efficient in some situations. THATS A HELL YES!
    Last edited by freedomx20a; 02-27-14 at 12:41 AM.
    allwi, acovey and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 07:41 PM
    Honestly I hope you're right and that the phone sells and people are happy. I do wish that this new QWERTY phone you mentioned was formalised prior to the Q20 as it shows more faith in the OS and hardware to pull users from Google, Apple and Microsoft. After all that is definitely bigger than bringing over legacy users, surely you agree? I hardly think many of competitor users are going to come over to a BlackBerry that looks like the ones they hated just a couple of years back. You may know it ain't the same but they'll take one look at it and bail.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    Problem is, they can't even bring over legacy users: sales of legacy units outsold 10s by a WIDE margin
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 07:43 PM
    Ya. Q10 is great but sometimes the smooth fast bb10 experience slows down to the ******** rate and its like climbing a mountain with summer slicks.
    02-26-14 07:43 PM
    Having said that, I do think that there is a bigger market for a top of the line - Galaxy S5 equivalent - Z50 than the Q20. This applies to both the consumer and Enterprise markets.
    That's true, but we've also seen that when BlackBerry goes up against Samsung and Apple in the premium all-glass phones, they are not at all competitive. Right now that strategy isn't working.

So maybe it's better for BB to get their legs back by competing on the edges with phones like the Q20 that no one else really makes. Smaller potential market, no doubt, but maybe one that BB can actually win for once.
    02-26-14 07:46 PM
    This phone is designed for people like this:
    Attachment 251076

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.

There are about 70 Million BB users like that and NEWS FLASH... THEY ARE NOT ON CRACKBERRY!
    Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 07:47 PM
    I still can't see why some people are so dim they think adding a tool belt will cut down on screen size. Think of a Q10 stretched a 1/4 inch with a tool belt between the screen and keypad. See no smaller screen. And more units sold. They are not repeat not putting a tool belt at the bottom of a Z10. The tool belt is no more a step back than the keyboard or blinking light. Remember all the BS and talk about BlackBerry not moving ahead because of BB10 keyboard aka Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 07:52 PM
456 ... 23456 ...