Tool belt is great. With the green button I could make calls from anywhere in the OS if I was texting or BBMing I could press the green button and phone them right there. Try doing that on BB10 at the moment. In BBM you dont even get alternative messaging options like email or call you have to swipe out and start composing an email or open the phone app. Etc

Not to mention copy and paste I still think is better with the track pad.

Now I'm not saying that BB10 sucks but when I switched over I did miss the call button and track pad. And I know people who have OS7 and they've used my phone lots but they don't want to "upgrade" because there is no tool belt. They like those features.

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    05-18-14 11:41 AM
    Tool belt is great.

Not to mention copy and paste I still think is better with the track pad.

Now I'm not saying that BB10 sucks but when I switched over I did miss the call button and track pad. And I know people who have OS7 and they've used my phone lots but they don't want to "upgrade" because there is no tool belt. They like those features.

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    Hence, the Q20!
    05-18-14 12:22 PM
    Well, we have yet to actually see a Q20 but i, for one, would find it unbelievably annoying if BBRY continued to try to sell loss of functionality as an "upgrade". I found my 3 month experiment with Q10 to be unbelievably annoying for the functionality left behind when compared to the 9930. The Z10 I tried to love for 9 months prior was at least honest in it's abandonment of 9930 functionality. I felt betrayed, and at least a little insulted, by the Q's step backward, functionally. It's as if BBRY is convinced that legacy hold outs are just hard headed neanderthals that need to be coerced into accepting LESS functionality. And that if we will just TRY their glass stuff we will eventually love it. Try rimes with cry. It was do or die, for me. I MASTERED those devices, as any power user would, but still felt short changed compared with my old 9930. Sorry. I'm now happily back to 9930 even with it's "antiquated" OS. An upgrade should provide MORE functionality. Or, at least, some mitigating trade off. The bigger screen size of the Q just wasn't worth the loss of too many other functional features i truly valued in the 9930. Obviously not an issue for some. An all important issue for others, like myself. Happiness for us would be an internally upgraded 9930 along with its WONDERFUL curved keyboard, tool belt, accessory key (two would be better ), removable battery (bigger is better!), charging contacts, keyboard shortcuts, single press speed dial, a BETTER camera, etc, etc... I wont go into the OS because OS10 can ultimately be a worthy successor to 7.1, given enough time. Speedy software development has NEVER been RIM-BBRY's strength. Sure felt great to get back to "Themes", tho. Even with OS10, the Q20 has some BIG shoes to fill to adequately replace 9930s.
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-18-14 at 01:57 PM.
    xanadome, donemt and Gearheadaddy like this.
    05-18-14 01:30 PM
    I hope you didn't use one for the title Just kidding.

It isn't annoying, I agree. Although when I first heard about it, it was. It's another device offering. Hope lot's of people buy it.
    05-18-14 02:24 PM
    There is nothing annoying about a Q20- not as a concept, not as a product. It's the smartphone for the rest of us.

I use my BlackBerry almost exclusively for communications and business. The Z10 is my first touchscreen smartphone. Frankly, I don't get what the big deal is about touchscreen technology. It's slow, inaccurate, and drinks up more resources than the return in benefits. Maybe I am not wowed by it because in my work I've been using those technologies for well over a decade, so for me there's nothing new about it.

BB10 changed the emphasis on which features to offer, and diminished productivity in favor of more mainstream consumer features. It's seems to have become a trend with BlackBerry development.

I don't use a smartphone ( or for the matter, a computer) for games, or apps, or as a camera. I do use it for voice, text, email, scheduling, contacts and documents. Almost exclusively.

For my purposes, the legacy devices just do it better. Are apps nice - yes, but I don't use them. Are some of the camera features nice - I suppose, but when I take photos I use a real camera because I want to have control over aperture and exposure settings.

I do have to say that the BB10 browser is a great experience.

The belt is something that I really miss and I look forward to its return. It will enable me to be more productive instead of less.

There are times when a swiss army knife is handy, but for some things only high quality precision tools get the job done.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 07:22 PM