Q20 is an awesome ide for those who, you know, use their phones as communication device instead of as tamagotchi.

It will definitely benefit the legacy masses and with introduction of BES12 its a whole new game once again.

I personally prefer touchscreen so I am not the on the market for Q20 but god would I love to see call and end call buttons make a comeback.
    acovey likes this.
    03-03-14 02:07 PM
    Q20 is an awesome ide for those who, you know, use their phones as communication device instead of as tamagotchi.

It will definitely benefit the legacy masses and with introduction of BES12 its a whole new game once again.

I personally prefer touchscreen so I am not the on the market for Q20 but god would I love to see call and end call buttons make a comeback.
    I use my Q10 as a communication device mainly; I get anywhere from 50-150 emails daily. So let's not say business men and women can't use the current line of BlackBerry 10 phones to get work done.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-03-14 02:33 PM
    I use my Q10 as a communication device mainly; I get anywhere from 50-150 emails daily. So let's not say business men and women can't use the current line of BlackBerry 10 phones to get work done.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    LOL I am not doubting Q10 here, I am just doubting that legacy users do the same things you and I do on BB10.
    03-03-14 07:02 PM
    Exactly, that's the point of bringing back this tool belt.

Posted via CB10
    BECAUSE some us want it and some of us need it, others have what they want NOW let us have what they want.
    Thanks for posting
    03-03-14 08:05 PM
    LOL I am not doubting Q10 here, I am just doubting that legacy users do the same things you and I do on BB10.
    What do you do on BB10?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-04-14 03:00 AM
    It is fascinating how so many think adding functionality/dedicated keys and buttons is a step backward. The Q10 is a great phone and works great even with the official OS but that doesn't mean it cannot be improved upon. Interesting too that some people who want the tactile sensation that the Q offers with its keyboard moan about adding a few buttons that might replace or supplement touching the glass. Even if all I got out of it was not having to swipe to answer or reject a call, count me as someone who thinks that would be a very good thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:56 AM
    Think if you will, the back and menu key are really small o led or eink screens that can be changed to be any key shortcut you want with the track pad and answer hangup being constant... or all four buttons be customized... would that be useful more so than the standard

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 07:43 AM
    I would think developers would develop apps to allow the buttons to be shortcuts. That would really be a great addition.

As a left handed person, that could really make life easier.
    03-05-14 09:35 AM
    I would think developers would develop apps to allow the buttons to be shortcuts. That would really be a great addition.

As a left handed person, that could really make life easier.
    I hadn't even thought of that, but as a lefty, accustomed to inconveniences in all manner of things in a right-handed world, I can see that as a possible benefit as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 11:27 AM
    What do you do on BB10?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Lots of social sharing and fart apps.
    03-05-14 07:13 PM
    I'm buying a Q20 as soon as possible. I've spent 3 months with a galaxy,2 months with an iphone and 6 months with a Q10, which was by far the least offensive to use. In the end I went back to a bold and the rest have been given away, broken or are sitting in a drawer never to be seen again. I just prefer a keyboard and don't like having to take off my gloves at work when its 30 below and I have an important call coming in. That said I like the LTE hot spot for my laptop and playstation and the games on the newer phones are better, but it just isn't worth the trade off to me. Almost half of the hundreds of people i've worked with this year feel the same way and still have bolds because there isn't any other phone on the market they want. I think Blackberry ignored their loyal market completely to try to gain a foothold the iphone and galaxy market and it cost them many loyal customers who eventually accepted their fates and went touch screen. This will at least keep whats left happy and maybe draw a few back.
    03-05-14 07:27 PM
    My first Blackberry was a pager. Blackberry's roots were business. I knew there were issues at RIM back when they tried to refer to lack of automatic time zone change as a "feature". Three guys in my office were first to run out and get a Storm. Those VERY tech savvy guys ran back to dump that failure within a week. THEN RIM gets into the tablet market with a very capable device BUT has ANYone here EVER went to a board of directors to request purchasing 26 of something called a "PLAY-book"? Whoever named that capable device was obviously embarrassed by BlackBerry's business roots.

EVERYthing RIM has done in recent years indicates, to some of us, that someone in their organization is convinced that their inability to compete with Apple is the fault of their business image. Statements in these forums indicate to me that some here at Crackberry seem to believe that RIM's financial maladies are STILL due to it's business image. Those are dots i have a tough time connecting. Even if true, wouldn't it make sense to get a competitive glass product established before abandoning their bread and butter business customers?

I can understand the desire for screen "real estate" but how much real estate is taken up by virtual keyboard and fingers. ?? Some of us do other things than look at pictures.

Different people have different needs. It's called diversity. My thumbs aren't 5" long. I simply can't operate a glass interface as precisely and efficiently, with ONE HAND, as i can my old 9930. I have TRIED. Both the Z and Q. The people in my office are as far from tech averse as it gets. We were first in line for the glass Z and Q and really, really, TRIED to make them work for us. After trying for well over a year, we have universally concluded that the trackpad is simply BETTER. For our needs, anyway.

Just one example: Try archiving delivery times in excel spreadsheet with ONE hand while simultaneously delivering work orders to a dozen cubicles using your other hand. Thats just one of hundreds of examples. Try doing ANYthing on your glass device with just one hand. It CAN be done but is it really efficient? Business demands efficiency. Our major competitor stayed with their old 9650s. Our productivity fell behind those competitors for the first time ever, after our office moved to the Z. Only after reverting back to 9930s, and a few 9650s, have we recovered our competitive edge. The trackpad is BETTER.

How about a phone race? Let's get together and set up some competitions and see which is truly more efficient. ??? Any takers???
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-08-14 09:59 PM
    I would have been a legacy holdout if my Bold 9900's keys hadn't started conking out. I held on to it for as long as I could. I upgraded to the Q10 out of necessity, not want. I eventually ended up loving my Q10, but I'd still give it up for the Q20 because I love the utility belt + trackpad more.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry and Mr4aces like this.
    04-09-14 12:51 AM
    Loved my legacy devices, love my Q10, so of course I'm going to get myself a Q20 the day it comes out.

I got the Z30 a couple days ago, I love it too, but I've put my sim back into my Q10 just because I can't ever stray from the physical keyboard for more than a few days. I really think the keyboard is the "Crack" in "CrackBerry."

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    04-09-14 02:44 AM
    i am one of those ppl holding out for the "belt". a little while ago i thought it was time for an upgrade of my phone so i looked to see what was out there. i was excited at frst when i saw the q10 but once i realized there was no physical buttons i was disappointed. i hate touch for me it has far too many failures meaning that sometimes it requires second and third tries to answer the phone i find it frustrating. also editing txt on my touch tablet for me is a pain. i have 0 interest in virtual anything i want physical clickable buttons or i wont upgrade to bb 10. for me its not about having to learn, im quite savy with electronic devices and have no problem navigating any phone or tablet i just want physical buttons.especially to answer a call.
    i could care less about specs of a phone as long as it works and isnt glitchy i would much rather have battary life over speed. but i dont use my phone for media i use it for a phone calls and txting thats it. i dont need my phone to open my garage door or turn on the tv set i just want it to work and have physical buttons there just more reliable imo.
    so if bb decides to be innovative with this phone making a virtual belt im out, ill be buying a phone that does all the fancy stuff cuz if i have to put up with touch bs then i might as well get phone that has it all. i really hope its physical buttons cuz i like my current bb
    Last edited by th.1977; 04-09-14 at 04:07 AM.
    04-09-14 03:45 AM
40 12