Hola,

For the past two or three months, my Blackberry Classic has been crashing and automatically locking itself on its own (while I'm making phone calls, on the internet or apps, when composing messages or email, or when its simply on standby mode in my pocket or on the desk). Once I unlock it, the device indicates that the phone cannot detect the SIM and I must either wait for it to fix itself on its own, or restart the phone completely. Its extremely annoying and I'll loose service for hours before I realize what has happened (then I'm inundated with notifications of text messages and/or calls that come in at the same time). Does anyone know what's going on (or is anyone experiencing anything similar?). I've used the SIM card ejection tool to remove the card and tried cleaning it to remove possible dust build up, but it hasn't stopped the problem from occurring.

On another unrelated note: for some reason YouTube won't continue playing videos once I minimize to switch to the HUB or when I lock the device like it used to. Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks in advance!
    05-25-17 05:30 PM
    What OS is it on?
    05-25-17 05:41 PM
    What OS is it on?
    Hi Bla1ze,

The phone is running 10.3.3.1463 on AT&T. Initially I thought it was a one or two time thing, but it happens at irregular intervals (though almost daily).
    05-25-17 05:51 PM
    Hi Bla1ze,

The phone is running 10.3.3.1463 on AT&T. Initially I thought it was a one or two time thing, but it happens at irregular intervals (though almost daily).
    Few options:

- Reload the OS. 10.3.3 is known to be flaky especially if it was never installed using an autoloader.
    - Make sure the SIM itself isn't really the issue, try it in another device or just go all in and get a new one from AT&T.
    - If possible, test a different SIM in the device and see if it happens to that one as well.
    PALoeza likes this.
    05-25-17 06:59 PM
    Got my Classic today and the Verizon guys were unusually BlackBerry friendly as they spent considerable amount of time getting the SIM to work on my new Classic. No wise cracks as they treated the Classic like a classic time piece! They showed me their PRIV and told me the keyone might be coming soon. I was afraid I picked up a Ebay-dud of a phone when they had two associates work on activating my new Classic trying out different steps to get the SIM to activate. Strangely they needed the original box for some code to type into their system to get it work. For a while it was not looking good but they said they had to take precautions as Blackberrys have damaged SIM cards when activated incorrectly. Happy ending.....the Classic is up and running ! I do not think I could have done the activation task at home DIY. Will miss the Q10 one-handed form factor but the Classic has a significantly larger screen. After two years the Q10 remains in excellent condition but worth little on the used market so its resting at home on wifi only.
    05-25-17 09:22 PM
    Going through the other threads in the forum, I've noticed that many people are also experiencing the same issues. Many attribute it to the 10.3.3 update. I'm patiently waiting for the KEYone to go on sale in the states and until it does, I'll stick with my Classic.

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    05-29-17 02:23 AM
    Going through the other threads in the forum, I've noticed that many people are also experiencing the same issues. Many attribute it to the 10.3.3 update. I'm patiently waiting for the KEYone to go on sale in the states and until it does, I'll stick with my Classic.

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    I have the exact same issue. Some days it will happen over and over and basically renders the phone useless. It magically has not happened for the past couple days, which is a new record lol. I blame 10.3.3 as it seems that this issue started happening after the update. But it could just as easily be a hardware issue. I do not have the time to deal with autoloaders and having to backup, restore, etc. anymore. I'm on T-Mobile USA.

KEYone can't come soon enough! Hopefully it proves to be reliable in this realm, which is a big "if" regarding Android in my past experience.

 C L A S S I C
    PALoeza likes this.
    05-30-17 06:21 PM
    I have the exact same issue. Some days it will happen over and over and basically renders the phone useless. It magically has not happened for the past couple days, which is a new record lol. I blame 10.3.3 as it seems that this issue started happening after the update. But it could just as easily be a hardware issue. I do not have the time to deal with autoloaders and having to backup, restore, etc. anymore. I'm on T-Mobile USA.

KEYone can't come soon enough! Hopefully it proves to be reliable in this realm, which is a big "if" regarding Android in my past experience.

 C L A S S I C
    KEYone is now available on Amazon and Best Buy (from what I see in other forums). Its a much needed upgrade for me, though I'll miss the feel of the Classic.
    05-30-17 09:06 PM
    I downloaded 10.3.3 via wifi before activating the Classic at Verizon. The Verizon reps were having some diffculties activating but after several attempts they needed the original box to get a set of #s and it fnally activated. Smooth functioning for the past week.
    06-02-17 11:46 PM